Microbombs and Macrobombs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Microbombs and Macrobombs

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #99535

Bottom post of the previous page:

Roundstart macrobombing = instaban.
Macrobombing at any point = explain your shit to the admins.

Problem solved until this gets fixed/reverted.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #99580

Atlanta-Ned wrote:Roundstart macrobombing = instaban.
Macrobombing at any point = explain your shit to the admins.

Problem solved until this gets fixed/reverted.
Haha, no. I'm not going to bwoink an antag unless he's camping the arrivals shuttle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #99591

remove this kebab until balancing may be done
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #99597

What about this: macro removed completely, micro only for nuke ops. Ops start with a box of five micro implants at base. They can then either use one each for gear denial and a small explosion or stack them all on one person for a macro-type bomb. It's a trade off; either gear denial for all or one suicide bomb (WAS GETTING CAUGHT PART OF YOUR PLAN?) but now your down to four ops and no gear denial. Obviously micros wouldn't be on the uplink. Why do normal traitors need gear denial anyway?
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #99598

How about people stop whinging and get used to repairing breaches?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #99632

There's a difference between 'repairing breaches' and 'five maxcap bombs at roundstart'. It takes a while for an average Engineering team to repair one, not to mention the piping, wiring and fiddly windows, or the metal foam and firelock prep work to stop all the air leaving because of fastmos.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #99640

ColonicAcid wrote:oh no im getting removed from a 1 hour round :(

Macrobombs are shit, microbombs are fine.
Stop being babies about not being able to play in a round. If you want less hectic rounds go play on Basil.
You really don't get the fact that the coders with their 'NO REVERTS NO TURNING BACK NO SURRENDER' policy have actually done exactly that? It's not only about being 'lel ur ded' undetectable, unavoidable, department wrecking bullshit suicide bombing or implant gib c4 affecting a few players each round.
They are adamant of not reverting almost anything and yet readd a feature that was removed for a reason, albeit in a slightly different form and say IT'S FIIIIINE!

oranges wrote:How about people stop whinging and get used to repairing breaches?
Sounds like you don't have any idea what it takes to repair a max cap bomb. Sure, patching up the 40+ tiles that are space is quick and easy, but repairing all the pipes and wires in the fuckifIknow 400 tiles or so that could have been affected by the bomb can take up to an hour even with a robust engineering crew. Not to mention crucial machines like grav gen, SMES, cloning, cryo and what have you. If you really just patch the hull, depending on the location of the blast, 80% of the station can be cut off from power and air from atmos.
One explosion per hour is doable, two is really stretching it, three is just call the shuttle.

Either remove microbombs from tator uplinks or make them only applicable to the traitor that orders them with a maximum explosion of 2 or 3 epicentre.
Why the availability of stacked microbombs is very different from toxins bombs has already been established like 10 times, don't come with the argument 'But why not max cap, what's the difference?'.
If you are REALLY obsessed with having max cap suicide bombs, add actual suicide vests. At least people will freak out when they see someone wearing it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #99642

The problem is WHY do Traitors and DA's even need access to Micro or Macro bombs? They were originally a Nuke Op only implant that was pre implanted before round start, yet now that we've finally finished the song and dance with readding the explosive implants to Nuke Ops we decide to create even more controversy by just giving other antags access to these items without much consideration.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #99643

Steelpoint wrote:The problem is WHY do Traitors and DA's even need access to Micro or Macro bombs?
Because people felt life on SS13 wasn't dangerous enough. So add instant max cap bombs to uplinks to make the game fun and exciting again. At least, that's the pretended excuse I got from all this. :roll:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #99644

At least with a maxcap bomb you need a signilar and actual effort to create and detonate it, even on your person, and it would occur at least five to ten minute into the round. Yet now you can do just that within 30 seconds of round start.

While most of us can agree that the game needs to become more deadlier, but that does not mean we just start adding in bad game mechanics under the justification of "Its dangerous!" If I wanted to make the game more dangerous I could just spawn all round start traitors with a infinite ammo Pulse Rifle, that will make the game more deadlier but not in a good way.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #99660

Steelpoint wrote:At least with a maxcap bomb you need a signilar and actual effort to create and detonate it, even on your person, and it would occur at least five to ten minute into the round. Yet now you can do just that within 30 seconds of round start.
Also making a TTV bomb is traceable, people see you making/planting bombs, you leave fingerprints etc.

The macrobomb implant is just undetectable bullshit.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #99721

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?