Sec Krav Maga Poll

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Should Krav Maga be added to sec officers?

Yes
40%
No
22%
Only for the Warden
15%
Only for the HoS
3%
Only for the Warden and the HoS
18%
Abstain (If you want to see the poll results but don't want to vote)
1%

Total votes: 72

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Sec Krav Maga Poll

Post by Shaps-cloud » #172161

Bottom post of the previous page:

If the HoS tries to take my gloves I'm going to lung punch him, baton him and throw him in the trash
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #172162

Grazyn wrote:The HoS is within his rights when he removes the Warden's gloves, since they may titillate the warden into leaving his station due to their high value as a "combat patrol" item
By that logic the HOS shouldn't have them either. HOS is supposed to spend most of his time directing sec and only get directly involved in crises. I think it makes sense for the warden to have them for prisoner control. What's the first thing a shithead is going to do if he gets out of cuffs, disarm spam the warden. If the warden had his baton out and the RNG gods fail him he's dead. In an ideal situation you stun then uncuff but there is always the risk of enough chaos for some shitter to get loose on his own, lag causes him to wake up while you're still uncuffing and he gets the drop on you, etc.

And not even normal prisoners, people get really salty when they get arrested when innocent and flip shit. I've had lots of occasions where someone gets brought in with no evidence and a mistake was made, but I'd say 25% of the time when I uncuff them to let them go they immediately disarm spam me and try to rob/kill me cause "LOL SEC ARRESTED ME 4NRAISON, EVEN THOUGH HE LET ME GO - SHICURITY!!!, VALID"

It's nice for the warden to have a knockdown that can't be turned back on him for dealing with the tide of autism that is the 5 or 6 players we have that only play to cause trouble every single round and then attack sec.
--Crocodillo

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #172174

Kor wrote:>why dont coders listen to players?? Fucking tyrants!
>wait why are you listening to this vote of players?? Just force it on them like HG does!

Okay

And this is a test by the way. We get to see how these gloves play out over days and weeks instead of anecdotal evidence from a couple of rounds while juggling other test merges (we get around 70 prs per week, and many people want their shit tested) and server updates.
>the vote of the players

so you ignore the 23 people saying "yes"? you don't get to cherry pick which results you like, you fucking mongoloid shiteating trash serpent.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #172177

You can't even argue it, Kor, because Crag is correct.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #172182

>decide to play warden one round to try gloves
>"I wonder if I can leg sweep myself?"
>try it
>leg sweep self
>laugh like a madman

10/10 A greyshirt ran into the armory while I was showing this to the mime would trip self again.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #172184

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
>wait why are you listening to this vote of players?? Just force it on them like HG does!

Okay

And this is a test by the way. We get to see how these gloves play out over days and weeks instead of anecdotal evidence from a couple of rounds while juggling other test merges (we get around 70 prs per week, and many people want their shit tested) and server updates.
>the vote of the players

so you ignore the 23 people saying "yes"? you don't get to cherry pick which results you like, you fucking mongoloid shiteating trash serpent.
How the fuck is going with the majority vote/a compromise cherry picking? Should I "ignore" the majority saying no so that you can always have your way?

I'm honestly baffled that you think there is some sort of logic to this.

Once again proving that "I wish the coders would listen to players" actually means "I wish coders would just do exactly what I personally want at all times above the wishes of anyone else."
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172198

Super Aggro Crag wrote:

Okay

>the vote of the players

calm down lad. this PR is a one line change, and if we want to change it around later/try giving it to other roles, it would not be hard to do so. i personally would rather not though since i am fine with just the warden having them.
Saegrimr wrote:Yeah first round I saw of this, HoS ran straight to the warden and stunned then took the gloves.
shit HoS, you should watch him reaaal carefully with a banhammer in hand since he sounds like the type that shouldn't be playing head roles
Shaps wrote:If the HoS tries to take my gloves I'm going to lung punch him, baton him and throw him in the trash
^
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172219

Kor wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:

Okay

>the vote of the players

How the fuck is going with the majority vote/a compromise cherry picking? Should I "ignore" the majority saying no so that you can always have your way?

I'm honestly baffled that you think there is some sort of logic to this.

Once again proving that "I wish the coders would listen to players" actually means "I wish coders would just do exactly what I personally want at all times above the wishes of anyone else."
Depends on how you look at it.
The complete opposite answers are Yes and No.

No lost by a large margin, so those votes are scrubbed.
So thats 15 null votes taken away from the 60 total, thats gives 45 flavors of Yes

The Yes flavours are:
All sec
Only warden
Only HoS
Only Warden and HoS

Percentages being:
All - 53%
Warden - 22%
HoS - 4%
Both - 20%

So the majority of Yes votes is for all sec to get them.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #172225

>No lost by a large margin, so those votes are scrubbed.
>If I throw out the votes of people I dont agree with, the numbers favour me

The "math" in this thread just keeps getting better and better.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172226

That's still 75% for sec getting it in some form, and I'd say around ~45% for sec officers getting the gloves off a rough guesstimate.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172243

okay i'll try to keep in mind next time i make a poll like that to allow up to 2 answers and make Yes and No options one of the mandatory ones
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #172248

Kor wrote:>No lost by a large margin, so those votes are scrubbed.
>If I throw out the votes of people I dont agree with, the numbers favour me

The "math" in this thread just keeps getting better and better.
"warden only" has 16 percent of the vote

therefor your "compromise" is contrary to what 84 percent of the people want

jeez louise kor you're in the wrong fucking business you should apply yourself and go into politics because you're great at picking the option that leaves the most people unsatisfied and then acting like their thoughts don't matter when they complain about it
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #172249

Crag is a fucking moron just ignore him he's a trash baby who couldn't get anywhere without riding the popular admins dick.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #172253

hahaha, wow.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #172289

Irrespective of any drama its clear from this poll that 'Yes for all officers' won the popular vote, putting aside schematics of what degree of the yes vote went to whom.
mercenaryblue
Byond Username: Mercenaryblue

Post by mercenaryblue » #172311

No. Its really, really cool, and its probably very fun to use, but its also lethal as fuck and will be abused the fuck out. It cannot be disarmed either, so there's balance issues.

And its unneeded for security. They have so many way to non-lethally stun they don't need an extra layer with martial arts.

At the very least, it should deal fatigue damage.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172327

to the user?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172356

Suiciding with Krav Maga should let you punch your own brain out the back of your head or heart or something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #172359

Lung punches are dumb, 2 lung punches do around 50 suffocation damage (and managed to knock the target out via suffocation a few times), and 3 lung punches is a guaranteed KO that can reach 80 suffocation damage, meaning as long as you can land 3 hits on someone and wait for them to fall over for you to stomp them in with 15 damage kicks, that's game over. None of these moves make any sense for security, the neck chop I guess you could justify because it's a meme, but the other two just look like they're meant to kill people (leg sweep gives you enough time for a guaranteed 3 kicks doing 45 damage, lung punch is basically death in 3 hits as long as no one intervenes) or buff security to remove risks (free guaranteed 1-hit disarm versus an esword without having to worry about losing your baton).

Security already has lots of ways to deal with threats with tasers (both electrodes and disablers), stunbatons, pepper spray, flashbangs and flashes, they don't need another way to pacify people that really is much more suited to just murdering people than arresting them anyway.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #172365

duh-doy, they're meant to be looted and used by antags
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #172393

Shaps wrote:Lung punches are dumb, 2 lung punches do around 50 suffocation damage (and managed to knock the target out via suffocation a few times), and 3 lung punches is a guaranteed KO that can reach 80 suffocation damage, meaning as long as you can land 3 hits on someone and wait for them to fall over for you to stomp them in with 15 damage kicks, that's game over. None of these moves make any sense for security, the neck chop I guess you could justify because it's a meme, but the other two just look like they're meant to kill people (leg sweep gives you enough time for a guaranteed 3 kicks doing 45 damage, lung punch is basically death in 3 hits as long as no one intervenes) or buff security to remove risks (free guaranteed 1-hit disarm versus an esword without having to worry about losing your baton).

Security already has lots of ways to deal with threats with tasers (both electrodes and disablers), stunbatons, pepper spray, flashbangs and flashes, they don't need another way to pacify people that really is much more suited to just murdering people than arresting them anyway.
stun batumbos, tasers, pepsi spray, flushbungs, and flashes are held in your hand. Then someone with a blue symbol touches you, you could drop it, or, even worse, fall down. Then they grab it and murder you horrifically. That is why I want security to be better at fighting unarmed than other people. You could lower the damage of the stomsp and other things, as long as they are even just slightly better at fighting than a grey shit i would be happier.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172441

Malkevin wrote:>At the very least, it should deal fatigue damage.
to the user?
this is actually genius, it makes sense ICly (since you're exerting a lot of energy to do all your fancy punches and kicks) and stops the moves from being really spammable. you smart. you very smart.
Shaps wrote:Lung punches are dumb, 2 lung punches do around 50 suffocation damage (and managed to knock the target out via suffocation a few times), and 3 lung punches is a guaranteed KO that can reach 80 suffocation damage, meaning as long as you can land 3 hits on someone and wait for them to fall over for you to stomp them in with 15 damage kicks, that's game over. None of these moves make any sense for security, the neck chop I guess you could justify because it's a meme, but the other two just look like they're meant to kill people (leg sweep gives you enough time for a guaranteed 3 kicks doing 45 damage, lung punch is basically death in 3 hits as long as no one intervenes) or buff security to remove risks (free guaranteed 1-hit disarm versus an esword without having to worry about losing your baton).

i could nerf lung punch if the general consensus is that it's too OP. it would not be hard to lower the initial oxy damage/the losebreath.

i could nerf leg sweep to Weaken(1) too (which at that point is literally a guaranteed disarm that does 5~ brute and can't chainstun), and if that's still an issue I could do what somebody suggested farther up and change it to "Nerve Pinch" or something that does stamina damage instead of an outright stun

These are the good kinds of feedback that I need for this feature. It is still new in the game and is still subject to being tweaked, so suggestions like these are very very appreciated. Please make more posts like Shaps'.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #172444

I think stamina damage would actually be stronger than weaken 1, considering how long you're slowed for afterwards.

For the oxyloss maybe you could do something hacky with having it inject mute toxin, nobody would really notice that anyway unless you start lung punching people right in front of a sleeper or something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #172454

Warden only because the warden is the only one who shows responsibility with it. Any heads who grabs ahold of it are going around randomly with it and legsweeping people with it.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
mercenaryblue
Byond Username: Mercenaryblue

Post by mercenaryblue » #172532

Super Aggro Crag wrote:stun batumbos, tasers, pepsi spray, flushbungs, and flashes are held in your hand. Then someone with a blue symbol touches you, you could drop it, or, even worse, fall down. Then they grab it and murder you horrifically. That is why I want security to be better at fighting unarmed than other people. You could lower the damage of the stomsp and other things, as long as they are even just slightly better at fighting than a grey shit i would be happier.
Holy fuck. Yes. They can be disarmed. That's the point. Its counter-play. It allows the tide to change if they're not careful.
It makes them not "I win every encounter without fail". You are severely advantaged for starting with them, and severely disadvantaged if you lose them.
But you can loose them is the whole fucking point to it. Its balanced.

And flashbangs will still function as long as they're armed anyway.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #172546

HEY PK make them keep their name when they get dyed with crayon so no SUPRISE KRAV MAGA happens
The future is horrible!
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #172586

mercenaryblue wrote:
Super Aggro Crag wrote:stun batumbos, tasers, pepsi spray, flushbungs, and flashes are held in your hand. Then someone with a blue symbol touches you, you could drop it, or, even worse, fall down. Then they grab it and murder you horrifically. That is why I want security to be better at fighting unarmed than other people. You could lower the damage of the stomsp and other things, as long as they are even just slightly better at fighting than a grey shit i would be happier.
Holy fuck. Yes. They can be disarmed. That's the point. Its counter-play. It allows the tide to change if they're not careful.
It makes them not "I win every encounter without fail". You are severely advantaged for starting with them, and severely disadvantaged if you lose them.
But you can loose them is the whole fucking point to it. Its balanced.

And flashbangs will still function as long as they're armed anyway.
>allows THE TIDE to change

greytiding shitter discovered, krav maga doesn't make you immune to stun batons, tasers, and flash grenades, it just gives security a fighting chance when some shitter tries to pinata them. What's the fucking point of having a security force if they're completely incapable of defending themselves or enforcing the law because all it takes is a banana peel to utterly neuter them?
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #172616

yackemflam wrote:Warden only because the warden is the only one who shows responsibility with it. Any heads who grabs ahold of it are going around randomly with it and legsweeping people with it.
wardens are the sec equivalent of a medislut

wardens are the last people that need, deserve, or, in implementation, actually use these things
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #172657

Ezel wrote:HEY PK make them keep their name when they get dyed with crayon so no SUPRISE KRAV MAGA happens
yeah this was noted in testing and we couldnt find a good way to fix it without snowflaking washing machines even more, i left it in since it lets traitors yoink the gloves for surprise krav. captains stealing the gloves and doing that kind of thing is super shit though. if that starts happening and being really commonplace let me know
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #176806

>can hide them under exosuits

It really was stungloves 2.0 I was tricked
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #176810

i did not account for this
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176812

holy shit you were baghouled
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000