Two Roundstart Roboticists.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Two Roundstart Roboticists.

Post by Saegrimr » #48412

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is really nice. Once this goes live I want to go mining just to see what they do with all the crates and shit I send them now.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #48413

I've got little to say about two Roboticists being as issue other than that in my experience it feels totally fine. One guy grabs the toolbelt, nobody makes a fuss, and both fuck off to do their own thing

On another note, Steelpoint's new rendition of the area looks fantastic
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #48419

I think I'll move the two spawns to be beneath the two equipment tables. I also had to rearrange the lights in the d̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶ surgical area, having only a single light source means if it is knocked out at round start its all pitch black.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll tidy it up some time tomorrow and send it up.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #48421

Or we could just change Robotics to a 1-slot job. More people is just a clusterfuck anyways. You really do not need 2 Roboticists.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #48432

No it wouldnt. Server population is a whole different issue. Box isnt even designed around 70+ players, so its a mess regardless of how many Roboticist slots you have.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #48444

Even Violaceus knows it's a bad idea.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #48463

Alex Crimson wrote:Or we could just change Robotics to a 1-slot job. More people is just a clusterfuck anyways. You really do not need 2 Roboticists.
You'd be surprised.
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #48504

Alex Crimson wrote:Or we could just change Robotics to a 1-slot job. More people is just a clusterfuck anyways. You really do not need 2 Roboticists.
A side idea of what I had when I brought about my initial complaint (which was the idea that has followed through with BEAUTIFUL results I might add) is to redesign the space of Robo so that it is far less of a fustercluck for two people to be in. I will agree there are times when I wish I had a second robo to take care of some things, but the space was just so tight it was, very unpleasant. Expanding and changing the flow of the space I think will do a wonderful job of making 2 Robos both Viable, and comfortable for both Robos.

Oh, and the swarm of 5+ people that just hang out at robotics for seemingly no reason. (Warden overseeing the Borgification of a criminal, while Miner Mc.Unrobust wants augments, and the endless stream of assistants wanting to be borged, the borg coming in half smashed because he did *x* job better than *x*, and the CMO/Captain/RD/Miner Mc. KindaRobust/HoS/Everyone Else wants a big stompy mech.) The space will be nice to try and get some orginazation amongst that mess.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #48613

Zsword

Post by Zsword » #48703

Question: would it be possible to make the 'tables' by the fabricators into Racks instead? it may not make sense/line up with mechanics (not sure, don't deal with wracks much) but it might look better next to the fabs than the tables. I also see you getting a lot of flack on the PR, but, iunno, I tihnk people are over reacting a bit, because honostly, The mech bay is almost never used except for borgs and as the 'front door' of Robo...

Security, I kinda don't see an issue. I mean, really, I always felt it was too easy to break into robo anyway, and RnD.

*personalbias because doens't like being antag and too many rev rounds standing around doing nothing because robo can't really make cyborgs because, I'm a most unrobust antag. @.@
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #48759

Mech bay is generally completely useless yeah
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #49249

As someone who plays roboticist roughly 70% of the time, having a second guy to handle borgs while I work on mechs. A second operating table wouldn't be hugely beneficial. It's pretty rare that two people want to be borged simultaneously, even at the start. Borrowing a little space from the mech bay and adding supplies would be the best bet. Alternatively, the mech bay could be rearranged to be an area devoted to mech construction, complete with its own fabricator.