Helmet cameras on security officers

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Helmet cameras on security officers

Post by danno » #78272

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kor wrote:"You can EMP them" is not the answer.

Half the appeal of SS13 is (or was) completing your objectives in a variety of different ways. Forcing people to use a specific piece of antag gear to counter a specific piece of security gear is silly.

Why enforce a rigid meta in the sandbox?
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #78279

danno wrote:
Kor wrote:"You can EMP them" is not the answer.

Half the appeal of SS13 is (or was) completing your objectives in a variety of different ways. Forcing people to use a specific piece of antag gear to counter a specific piece of security gear is silly.

Why enforce a rigid meta in the sandbox?
I hate emptyquoting but Kor's post is pretty much all I can say on the matter. This isn't a MOBA where specific foes should require specific itemization to have a good chance of offing them. SS13 should not be broken down into a series of hard counters. Security is a go-to counter for loud antagonists, yes - In this game, stuns are king and dictate pretty much all fights. You can't go 'quiet' against Security when the Warden is mouthbreathing onto his camera console just waiting for someone to manifest the 2 pixel inhand of a sleepypen within 5 tiles of an Officer.

These are a fine idea for something that can be made/acquired later on in the round. I'm partial to Scardey's idea of having a mining-voucher-esque system for special Security gear. A helmet cam would fit fine as a voucher item.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #78305