Implants impossible to get unless xenos appear

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Implants impossible to get unless xenos appear

Post by Bombadil » #80578

I don't think thats very fair. Atleast anomaly cores are common in most games to make a phazon. You now need a xeno brain to DISSECT and research to get implants. When xeno's are seen the shuttle gets called. Also you can't extract the brains of gold core xenos since they are simple animals.

Also combat 6 is time consuming to get but it doesn't mean you can't get it
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Implants impossible to get unless xenos appear

Post by lumipharon » #80594

combat 6 requires one guy with access 2 minutes of waiting.

Also you can decon the traitor health analyser for bio 6 as well, so literally any traitor or DA can do it.

The implants that you need bio 6 for are OVER POWERED. Like seriously, if they weren't at this level, they would not be constructable at all, they wreck balance hard.

Xray implants can be combined with nvg huds to have full vision, which makes anything involving not being seen impossible.
Anti stun makes you all but impossible to keep down/arrest, and is even more awful whem combined with chems and/or nodrop implant.
The revive implant is just, why does this even exist, it brings you back to life, then applies admin healing chem to you, like seriously what the fuck.

Thermal implants are very powerful, but aren't at the same level as xray.
No drop is similarly strong, but doesn't break balance or anything, just lets you hold things without worrying about getting disarmed and shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #80601

Nodrop is kind of necessary the moment assistants reach critical mass.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #80605

Whoever added those implants needs a slap. Then be forced to remove them.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #80606

Just to clarify, has the tech level change actually gone through for implants? I was under the impression it was just a (good) suggestion, needing high Biotech (i.e. alien brains... or a microlaser health analyzer, you traitor, you).
I've never seen a revive implant, either in the Protolathe's medical menu or in use. When were they added? (If they do exist, they're a source of infinite adminordrazine*)

*Kill someone with a revive implant. Gib them immediately as soon as they revive. Grind the meat down for the reagents. Extract the adminordrazine, and scan it in an Odysseus's syringe gun.

When I have the misfortune to play HoS, I'll authorise use of laser cannons on anyone with an anti-stun implant. If they make tasers and stunbatons not an option, overwhelming firepower works just as well.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #80608

oddy can't scan it, among a few other things - it's black listed. Also good luck gibbing them when they are literally immune to harm and stuns.
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/8625
Same PR that upped the requirements added it, plus a couple of 'never eat' implants.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #80643

Alex Crimson wrote:Whoever added those implants needs a slap. Then be forced to remove them.
Pretty much this.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #80663

lumipharon wrote: No drop is similarly strong, but doesn't break balance or anything, just lets you hold things without worrying about getting disarmed and shit.
No-drop is actually more powerful than anti-stun, because not only does it allow you to never be disarmed, it allows you to hold onto items even when stunned. If you're holding a gun, and get stunned, you can keep firing the gun.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #80709

Alex Crimson wrote:Whoever added those implants needs a slap. Then be forced to remove them.
Working on it. The revival implant in particular is completely fucking retarded and I'm angry that people would allow something like this into the codebase.

I don't like to make mandates but Jesus christ. This concept and execution are horrible for game flow and balance. Especially at a time when people are simultaneously trying to make medbay more involved and necessary, someone is adding an implant that is potentially like having a 1-up in your pocket?

Get out of here with that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #80715

Man_Shroom wrote:
lumipharon wrote: No drop is similarly strong, but doesn't break balance or anything, just lets you hold things without worrying about getting disarmed and shit.
No-drop is actually more powerful than anti-stun, because not only does it allow you to never be disarmed, it allows you to hold onto items even when stunned. If you're holding a gun, and get stunned, you can keep firing the gun.
Wait what, are you saying you can fire WHILE stunned? Holy shit remove post haste.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #80716

Staying on coder's wild ride was an especial oddity of sos' hosting. If something incredibly dumb is merged you can't stand you have no reason to update the server with that kookoo crazy.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #80719

>implanted captain fights implanted nuke ops in the future of /tg/

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #80825

These implants seems more like a proof of concept than anything that the station is meant to give. I propose we give some of these implants, mainly the No-Drop one, to the Deathsquad/ERT.

Proper implants might make a interesting concept if fleshed out, such as having to manually create a implant and find a way to power it.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #80827

I think instead of having the implants rely on random/game ending events I say make it more on player effort. Kind of like mining for science.

Science has a lot of departments but they actually don't work with one another, except rnd and robotics. Maybe key in the implants with needing some high tier slime from xenobio, or some genetic mutation from humanized monkeys in genetics. I would suggest toxins, but we all know those only make bombs.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #80900

omnitricks wrote:I think instead of having the implants rely on random/game ending events I say make it more on player effort. Kind of like mining for science.

Science has a lot of departments but they actually don't work with one another, except rnd and robotics. Maybe key in the implants with needing some high tier slime from xenobio, or some genetic mutation from humanized monkeys in genetics. I would suggest toxins, but we all know those only make bombs.
Who says bombs can't be augs?
[youtube]s8Aw0cKiJiw[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #80907

Reviver will be removed for now.

All implants are obtainable with aliens or with an uplink. If the Xray etc implants remain a problem I will probably just make them unreachable high tech (or even higher bio tech which would require multiple alien brains). Also considering doing what Steelpoint suggested.

I apologize for the latest update and broken implants, the PR was merged by mistake without any kind of reviewing.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #80908

Or just make them admin-only event items. Because they all seem overpowered as fuck. To the point where they are better than the endgame Genetics super powers.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #80915

It's easier to get the Genetics super powers.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #80916

Genetics is RNG-based. You might get x-ray early, you might find it on your last block after two hours of work.
R&D is path-based. Follow a guide (such as http://pastebin.com/p631LtdZ, for instance) and you can't go wrong.

X-ray is horribly overpowered. Thermals are overpowered, but not too much. Revive is game-breaking. Nutriment is useless, because Virology has Weight Even (which is better and just as easy to get).
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #80918

That is highly exaggerated. If you take two hours to get all the genetic super powers you're doing something wrong. And being path-based means you can better control when players are getting items from R&D.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #80920

Scott wrote:It's easier to get the Genetics super powers.
Have you done genetics in awhile? There's 17 blocks its utter hell

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #80922

Bombadil wrote:
Have you done genetics in awhile? There's 17 blocks its utter hell
Did you mean 23 Structural Enzyme blocks?
ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #80941

Bombadil wrote:
Have you done genetics in awhile? There's 23 blocks its utter hell
Its still easy to get all of them just a pain for them to manifest.
Alex Crimson wrote:Or just make them admin-only event items. Because they all seem overpowered as fuck. To the point where they are better than the endgame Genetics super powers.
This.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #80971

The Nodrop implant is actually really crap. You have to toggle it on and off all the time, and you're still vulnerable to any form of damage, even if you can still hold your gun
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #80985

It doesn't make you robust in combat, but it stops Assistants disarming you and stealing your stuff. And that's what matters.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #81004

Coders are talking about making it nuke ops only anyway. The implants that is

ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #81017

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:The Nodrop implant is actually really crap. You have to toggle it on and off all the time, and you're still vulnerable to any form of damage, even if you can still hold your gun
But you can shoot while down, so while they think you are stunned and down for a while you shoot them until you get back up. It is crap.