Simple mobs in general have too much health

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Simple mobs in general have too much health

Post by Amnestik » #93532

They follow one person until they're crit, can move diagonally, can't be stunned and have too much health for the average crewman to crit before they're critted themselves.

Discuss.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Re: Simple mobs in general have too much health

Post by Tunder » #93544

Git gud

EDIT: But seriously, mobs are fine, the game is meant to have a degree of difficulty, the players are normal human beings fighting against often alien, abstract or monstrous horrors. It shouldn't be easy.

Also, with few exceptions a player can easily outrun mobs.
Last edited by Tunder on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #93546

Depends which simple mob.

Carp and viscerators and hivebots and shit can all be punched to death, stuff like syndicates require heavier weapons.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #93775

Are you kidding me? Carp die in two laser hits, and slimes die to fire extinguishers that are EVERYWHERE in the station. I can't tell what you're even complaining about, other than that /tg/station isn't a massive kickin' rad station, and only somewhat of one. Xenos are fucking xenos, they're supposed to be powerful enough to be a round-ender.

Asteroid mobs are a complete joke these days. You'd have to be blind, crippled, and retarded to die to them more than once.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #93779

Amelius wrote:Are you kidding me? Carp die in two laser hits, and slimes die to fire extinguishers that are EVERYWHERE in the station. I can't tell what you're even complaining about, other than that /tg/station isn't a massive kickin' rad station, and only somewhat of one. Xenos are fucking xenos, they're supposed to be powerful enough to be a round-ender.

Asteroid mobs are a complete joke these days. You'd have to be blind, crippled, and retarded to die to them more than once.
I spawned some syndicate op simple animals the other night but realized I spawned too many/the crew was gonna get wrecked.

So I tried to mass edit them to dead which caused them to run around invincible (though not attacking) and that confused the hell out of people before I finally edited them dead for real.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #93780

Syndicate simple mobs are hilarious, they have eshields, do esword damage, and run really fast
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #93800

Carps are shit because they still have rng KO chance.
RNG is pretty awful, and this is probably the worst example.

Slimes are extremely easy to kill with cold or water, but if you don't have that, they're tough as fuck.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #93931

lumipharon wrote:Carps are shit because they still have rng KO chance.
RNG is pretty awful, and this is probably the worst example.

Slimes are extremely easy to kill with cold or water, but if you don't have that, they're tough as fuck.
So? There are extinguishers everywhere, literally everywhere on the station. Carps are RNG KO, true, but still at least it makes them dangerous unlike most of the game atm.