Emagged airlocks should be easier to fix

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Emagged airlocks should be easier to fix

Post by Lumbermancer » #101711

It's just to easy for some random atag shitler that cares not for objectives (or he rolled antag but has to leave, so why not fuck shit up) to run around emagging every door seconds after shift start (which happened before) and ruin the round for everyone. Because no one will ever fix all them broken airlocks. Replacing and resetting modules is pita, so at best someone (borg) will RCD fresh airlock with default access.

I realize that antags are supposed to antag, but come on. It's too effortless.

Make emag cut wires in doors open/bolted position or something. Emag should be primarily about facilitating illicit access, not breaking shit.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Emagged airlocks should be easier to fix

Post by Bluespace » #101712

I've emagged open half the doors on the station and used the ensuing chaos to completely disable sec while I completed my objectives.
They SHOULD be hard to fix.
I play Boris Pepper.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #101720

If anything, they shouldn't be easier to fix, they should be cheaper, Meaning, I think you should be able to fix the airlock electronics with a multitool rather than replacing them as they are burnt out.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #101721

At Least they're fixable now.

Really it doesn't take that long to snip all the wires but the bolt wire and pop in a new module.
The only problem is that the airlock control module UI is pretty terrible, just making it so you just have to click the login link (as opposed to the current where you have to empty your current hand, grab your ID, and then swipe the text to unlock it) would make the process a lot less painful.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #101726

Wait you can fix them now? I thought the only recourse was still to straight up delete them somehow.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #101737

just make the door fixable by replacing the electronics without needing to decon it first

whatever the process is + crowbar +electronics or something

borg RCD doesn't really even fix the problem it's still an ugly green door with default access, might as well not even bother.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #101746

My only real issue with emagged doors is what Malk said. The airlock electronics interface is fucking awful and could use some QoL shit. Airlocks aren't terribly difficult to deconstruct if you know the wires, which are easy enough to find out. You can always just close an emagged door by cutting its power and crowbarring it if you don't want people walking through.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #101751

Cik wrote:just make the door fixable by replacing the electronics without needing to decon it first
This has been the case for a long time.
You know how to decon a door right? Just crowbar the door shut, weld it, and then crowbar the electronics out of the doorway.
You'll get a message "The electronics are fried" or something, and a junk airlock electronics (or maybe it just deletes it anyway, I forget) pops out and you have to replace it with a new one. That's all.

Still, good luck getting/carrying around that many airlock electronics even as an engineer.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #101756

Saegrimr wrote:Still, good luck getting/carrying around that many airlock electronics even as an engineer.
If you nick the autolathe board from tech storage and take one the engineering lockers with you it isn't too bad, but it's still a pain in the arse printing them all and getting the stock parts from science.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #101784

Bluespace wrote:I've emagged open half the doors on the station and used the ensuing chaos to completely disable sec while I completed my objectives.
They SHOULD be hard to fix.
Who can blame you if apparently emagging airlocks doesn't even leave forensic clues anymore. Unless you are caught red handed, there's no risk involved.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101786

I've often thought emagged doors should just bolt open and have the AI control wire cut, so engineers can fix them but AIs can't just bolt them closed again.

There's been a PR up for nearly a month now giving RCDs extended functionality, too. This would include the ability to choose what access the airlock you're building has. For some reason only known to maintainers though, nobody's pulling it. It's been merge-ready for a week and a half now.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #101789

Amnestik wrote:I've often thought emagged doors should just bolt open and have the AI control wire cut, so engineers can fix them but AIs can't just bolt them closed again.

There's been a PR up for nearly a month now giving RCDs extended functionality, too. This would include the ability to choose what access the airlock you're building has. For some reason only known to maintainers though, nobody's pulling it. It's been merge-ready for a week and a half now.
Something something coderbus conspiracy.
Just go harass #coderbus they probably just forgot about it/never noticed it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101791

Saegrimr wrote:
Amnestik wrote:I've often thought emagged doors should just bolt open and have the AI control wire cut, so engineers can fix them but AIs can't just bolt them closed again.

Something something coderbus conspiracy.
Just go harass #coderbus they probably just forgot about it/never noticed it.
A maintainer already commented on it. Please don't pull out the "conspiracy" meme everytime somebody complains about mentions a lack of progress.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #101795

I thought the sarcasm would be well received, oh well.

Got a link to that PR? I'm curious about it now.
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101798

Saegrimr wrote:I thought the sarcasm would be well received, oh well.

Got a link to that PR? I'm curious about it now.
Here you go: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9934
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #101894

that's not why it hasn't been merged, it hasn't been merged because it's kind of controversial since it makes RCDs way more common
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: