Syndicate Fire Sale!

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Syndicate Fire Sale!

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #106466

Due to a (literal) fire sale back at SyndieCom, the prices of many of their less-used gadgets are being cut down in an effort to encourage agents to clear their huge backlog of the things. Everything Must Go!

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10765

I love it when traitors use the little gimmicky items, but all too often they only have 1-2 TC left after buying enough stuff to not get dunked by the valid-brigade, and spend it on a soap or something. Hopefully, this will get the items used more now.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Syndicate Fire Sale!

Post by Steelpoint » #106467

I think this is a good change and is honestly one of the things I would have done in the TC adjustment.

Many of these items never see usage due to their expense.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #106483

I honestly have no qualms with this, good change.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #106493

No problems here. I like the idea of buffing stealthy traitors.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #106498

Thank christ, most of this shit was way too expensive.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #106504

Progress
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #106557

Better than nothing.

I still don't see the issue with my proposed adjustment. Sneaking is something that only the best can pull off effectively, but it's true antagonizing that traitors are sorely lacking. Someone may eventually put these items to good use while still providing for an entertaining round, but by-and-large traitors just need more useful tools and not just the same tools they have now + a niche gimmick item. Agent ID's are one of the only potential game-changers on this list if only for the free maint access.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #106558

The most lethal traitor combo I've seen thus far is usually someone with a revolver and thermals with a hidden hacked autolathe.

That's it, there's no viarity since most other combo's get wrecked.

Even though this traitor is lethal, they usually are not enough to bring the round to a end. I got off one round where it lasted for almost two hours, and this one traitor was the only one trying to do anything.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #106565

Steelpoint wrote:The most lethal traitor combo I've seen thus far is usually someone with a revolver and thermals with a hidden hacked autolathe.

Even though this traitor is lethal, they usually are not enough to bring the round to a end. I got off one round where it lasted for almost two hours, and this one traitor was the only one trying to do anything.
That might've been me, for that build I use the leftover points to buy soap to clean up after murders and the AI detector for some extra safety.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #106568

leibniz wrote: That might've been me, for that build I use the leftover points to buy soap to clean up after murders and the AI detector for some extra safety.
This traitor was trying to kill a specific clown, except the HoP kept opening clown positions over the course of two hours which meant he never found the clown.

He was also sloppy with cleaning up a bit, I ended up dying to him cause I was distracted with the clowns trying to lynch a clown hating chef.

But overall this kind of combination's the only one I've seen as of late that seems to work well. Its a two hit kill on everyone except the HoS and on the HoS its a three hit kill.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #106820

Steelpoint wrote:The most lethal traitor combo I've seen thus far is usually someone with a revolver and thermals with a hidden hacked autolathe.

AFAIK I'm the only person who's done that combo. Yes it's super nice, but it's also the epitome of tryhard traitor. There's only a handful of players that could reliably pull that shit off, and most of those players don't even play traitor so it's a moot point. With that amount of effort you could just make toxins bombs or construct a combat mech and pull off similar levels of destruction at lower risk (make sure to space the ion gun if you're going mech though kids!).

I did it "just to prove I could" and even then I wouldn't do it again anytime soon since you're relegated to spending all round in maint because even the best shot in the west can't get you out of a bolted room with the AI squealing about your harm)
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #106826

It wasn't you Oldman, I've seen similar combos on two separate occasions with two different people.