Defibrillator: Include toxin damage in do not revive

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Defibrillator: Include toxin damage in do not revive

Post by Bombadil » #112041

I shot a dude full of venom, indiprol, and other various lethal chems and they managed to revive his ass with defib because lel he didn't have any brute damage. I shot him with a heart attack drug and they managed to get the dude back to life pretty easily
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Re: Defibrillator: Include toxin damage in do not revive

Post by newfren » #112057

The funniest part of this OP is you complaining about a defib reviving someone who died of a heart attack.

In any case, I think the defib is fairly balanced around reagent killings - sure you can do it, but as soon as you revive the guy the poisons start ticking again and swiftly re-kill them.

Additionally a lot of toxins don't actually deal toxin damage, they frequently deal oxyloss damage as well.

Realistically the only changes that need to be made to the defib are reducing the time limit to 3-5 minutes instead of the like... 10 it is now.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #112067

the problem here is that they can then just fill him up with charcoal and all his toxins magically disappear.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #112096

newfren wrote:The funniest part of this OP is you complaining about a defib reviving someone who died of a heart attack.

In any case, I think the defib is fairly balanced around reagent killings - sure you can do it, but as soon as you revive the guy the poisons start ticking again and swiftly re-kill them.

Additionally a lot of toxins don't actually deal toxin damage, they frequently deal oxyloss damage as well.

Realistically the only changes that need to be made to the defib are reducing the time limit to 3-5 minutes instead of the like... 10 it is now.

Fuck I miss the times before the magical defib was added. So... most of the traitor chems can be negated by an epipen. They can also be negated via the magic of charcoal injected directly into the veins while defibbing the patient. Oh wait in real life you have to swallow that shit and it takes time.

The Defib is way too fucking powerful it should be 1-2 minutes after that you can't revive. Also charcoal is fucking op as shit it's way better than the old ant-toxin ever was.

As for now we just have a defib that can revive literally anyone who died even if their entire body was made 100 brute on every limb by just applying magical synthflesh/styrptic patches.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #112188

uhh, I see people with traitor toxins kits go on rampages all the time, use one of the chems that stuns or disables people so they can't use the epipen
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.