on the topic of atmos

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

on the topic of atmos

Post by Deitus » #119459

hey, so i've been trying to learn the ways of atmosia more recently, and there are some things i've noticed for transit tubes; namely, for one you cant deconstruct them from what i can tell, and that the rpd doesn't have a transit tube function. i was talking to an admin about it and he didnt know either, so i didnt know if this was just a slight overlook in the code or what.

slightly off topic but concerning the turbine engine, how do you guys operate that so it continues indefinitely? what i did was route the oxygen and plasma piping to the turbine pipe, pumping each out with volume pumps, which worked great at first before the levels of plasma started to die down; i tried tweaking the output but i then lost balance on the oxygen levels. what is the best way to mix oxygen and plasma to the turbine so it can be generating energy for the sme to charge without babysitting?

also i guess any general atmos tips are appreciated. i know the basics but i'm looking to improve.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Re: on the topic of atmos

Post by TehSteveo » #119464

Transit Tubes are kinda a side thing that Atmos got to play with. You can deconstruct the tubes connection but I'm not sure if you can get rid of them as I believe they can't be picked up to shove into the machine. I'll have to play around with them a bit when I do Atmos

As far as the incinerator goes.. replace the manifold pipe on the mix line where plasma the plasma output goes in, with a gas mixer. You can now set up a mix by feeding O2/Plasma with the percentage of each gas you want. From there you can put the mix into the mix tank and send it out(which I prefer due to just watching scrubs panic) or play it more safe and hook the line directly to the incinerator line.
Freedom
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #119467

Clicking and dragging the tube on the floor to the machine worked last time I tried.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #119504

TehPear wrote:Transit Tubes are kinda a side thing that Atmos got to play with. You can deconstruct the tubes connection but I'm not sure if you can get rid of them as I believe they can't be picked up to shove into the machine. I'll have to play around with them a bit when I do Atmos

As far as the incinerator goes.. replace the manifold pipe on the mix line where plasma the plasma output goes in, with a gas mixer. You can now set up a mix by feeding O2/Plasma with the percentage of each gas you want. From there you can put the mix into the mix tank and send it out(which I prefer due to just watching scrubs panic) or play it more safe and hook the line directly to the incinerator line.
i completely forgot about gas mixers, why the fuck didnt i think of that goddamn

also yeah you can unwrench the tubes and then walk over them but there's no way that i know of to just outright REMOVE them.

also also, if we could make it somehow that we only make a certain vent in an area suck air rather than the whole system that'd be awesome, for example have just the hardsuit room in engineering do a siphon for when some fuck releases plasma rather than having to siphon the whole department
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #119568

You can totally toggle individual siphons already.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #119575

It's a pain in the ass to interact with vents, the air alarm interface is shit.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119630

It's only like, 1 click and a short scroll more than just hitting panic syphon
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕