Geiger Counters & Radiation Tweaks

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Geiger Counters & Radiation Tweaks

Post by Xhuis » #127185

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12452
The pull request wrote:
  • Geiger counters have been added. They will increase in radiation level whenever a radiation pulse is received by its holder or the object itself. Radiation level will slowly decrease over time.
  • When a mob is hit by a rad pulse, rad_act() is called on all objects in the mob with the same amount as the initial rad pulse.
  • Geiger counters are found in quantities of 5 from the Engi-Vend and producable at any autolathe.
  • You can scan a mob by attacking it on help intent to show its radiation level.
  • Can be emagged to slowly generate radiation in small amounts and discharge it upon scan.
Sprites:
From up to down
  • Off
  • Minimal radiation
  • Average radiation
  • Above average radiation
  • High radiation
  • Critical radiation
  • Emagged
Last edited by Xhuis on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Re: Geiger Counters & Radiation Tweaks

Post by Miauw » #127199

would be cool if they just like played a staticy sound whenever they received a radiation pulse.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #127200

Miauw wrote:would be cool if they just like played a staticy sound whenever they received a radiation pulse.
If you can find a sound for me to use, I'd be happy to incorporate it.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127204

Take your pick. Or maybe not. Someone will probably find something better.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #127220

don't the engineer's PDAs already scan folks for radiations?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #127234

spriting note but goddamn can the geiger counters A) be less bright B) have an outline
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #127235

bandit wrote:spriting note but goddamn can the geiger counters A) be less bright B) have an outline
They're meant to be bright because engineering is typically high-visibility. I tried an outline but it looked like ass.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #127422

When in doubt, reuse half life 1 sfx
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.