Make UI/UE injectors permanent

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Make UI/UE injectors permanent

Post by Helios » #137498

I don't think this really positively balances the game, and just makes it a pain to try and have fun with UI/UE injectors
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Make UI/UE injectors permanent

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #137676

Helios wrote:I don't think this really positively balances the game, and just makes it a pain to try and have fun with UI/UE injectors
100% manifest rate > 10% manifest rate
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #137745

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Helios wrote:I don't think this really positively balances the game, and just makes it a pain to try and have fun with UI/UE injectors
100% manifest rate > 10% manifest rate
why do UI/UE injectors not have a 100% manifest rate?
I know monkey ones did and do.
Hell, are monkey injectors now temporary too?
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #138399

> UI + UE injectors are temporary.

Why would you do this, it defeats the whole purpose of knocking someone out (they can't be dead) and sticking them in the machine so you can take their place. It's high effort with potentially high reward (i.e. in rev).

Having it randomly run out quickly is just poor design and leads to shitty situations, when there was nothing OP about it in the past.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #138404

You can get this to be permament (YES, EVEN UI+UE, THANK GOD) by setting the console on timed or something like that. You set it on that, jump in, close the lid and voila, permament change. To get permament mutations, however, you need someone to do the good old 1/1 spam on your blocks. Timed UI+UE even have an advantage of:
>Dress like that suicided assistant
>Arrive at crime scene
>Injector
>Do traitorus shit
>Hide in a locker
>Leave as yourself
Yes, you can't decide how long it will last, but you get less tox.
To summarize: Injectors are timed, but you can still get permament stuff.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #139065

Wait what, since when are they temporary?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #139085

Takeguru wrote:Wait what, since when are they temporary?
If this is true, what the actual fuck? Do you guys have any idea how hard it is to lure somebody who's alive into a genetics pod and steal their identity?