Tele-Gulag

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Tele-Gulag

Post by Wyzack » #197693

Bottom post of the previous page:

Aloraydrel wrote:Can't do the time then don't do the crime
Especially when the time is AN ETERNITY IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #197836

Aloraydrel wrote:Can't do the time then don't get caught
FTFY
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #201075

a bit of a necro but I have a few notes for this feature.
Remove the pickaxe and gear from the gulag, it should come with the prisoner ID and jumpsuit then the gulag won't run out and become useless after a few prisoners.
Alternatively, leave a few to get started, and add a lathe that makes only pickaxes from metal, and let just the satchel come with the jumpsuit from the automatic process.

Give the prisoners a special station bounce radio, so they can keep up with the round at least, but only allow it to transmit to other people with the same radio and possibly the warden, then people won't be tempted to spend their whole time screaming at the arresting officer. or just receive only if that's easier. Just saying, if they were executed they could still follow the round.

Add dice and cards to the lounge, maybe it would be fun for some inmates to have an impromtu session, not saying it's likely, but hey.

One or two of those small emergency fire extinguishers sure would be handy, I lagged into lava and died a horrible death resisting to roll it out, never went out, can't guess why, if you know please tell me.

this device is a hilarious murder machine for plasma people, might want add a check for their space suits, Killed me as fast as I expected it to honestly.

Edit: Also, make the iD card show how long your sentence is in points. Q-O-L fix, I know you can check it at the machine, but still.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #201080

10/10 literally the best feature
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #201089

I like it, used to be harder to gulag someone than perma them. Nice for those tiders that run into sec to be a nuisance and steal prisoners.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #201097

Does it still strip implants?

Making you naked isn't a problem, making several traitor items useless is. The entire point of the uplink implant is to get yourself jailed so you can murder someone after all.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #201105

Yea the implant thing is a bug. I'll push a fix soon™
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #201106

lzimann wrote:Yea the implant thing is a bug. I'll push a fix soon™
Well, could you consider checks for plasmamen too? cause... ya know, damn
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #201331

Gulag needs to be in an area of lavaland that doesn't spawn monsters. Currently unless you're incredibly lucky, it's a guaranteed kill on most players if they try and mine.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #201344

I still think there should be a limited number of telepods.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #201422

Just make it run off bluespace crystals make it start with 5 artifictal ones
The future is horrible!
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #201441

Or don't limit a perfectly viable solution to the assholes of the station.
though I agree about the monsters, It's a little much, Not a guarenteed exection if you play it safe, but it's pretty challenging.

I think telegulag should go to something more similar to the old asteroid, but with only low tier ore

Serves multiple purposes, allows miners to ignore metal, sand, plasma and focus on the fun stuff, and steadies the points out, so you can more easily guestimate time-point ratios for fair sentencing
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #201442

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Gulag needs to be in an area of lavaland that doesn't spawn monsters. Currently unless you're incredibly lucky, it's a guaranteed kill on most players if they try and mine.
nah there should be aliens spawning so at least if you kill 5 goliaths you can attempt an escape
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #201449

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Gulag needs to be in an area of lavaland that doesn't spawn monsters. Currently unless you're incredibly lucky, it's a guaranteed kill on most players if they try and mine.
The asteroid had this. One side was "safe", but the other was far more dangerous. I'm not sure why that doesn't apply to Lavaland as well.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #201498

Falamazeer wrote:Or don't limit a perfectly viable solution to the assholes of the station.
though I agree about the monsters, It's a little much, Not a guarenteed exection if you play it safe, but it's pretty challenging.

I think telegulag should go to something more similar to the old asteroid, but with only low tier ore

Serves multiple purposes, allows miners to ignore metal, sand, plasma and focus on the fun stuff, and steadies the points out, so you can more easily guestimate time-point ratios for fair sentencing
Or make it recharge over time
The future is horrible!
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #201613

Ezel wrote: Or make it recharge over time
Falamazeer wrote:Or don't limit a perfectly viable solution to the assholes of the station.
Seriously.

I love the gulag, The concept is awesome, I'd like to use it for every crime, but I'm not a piece of shit, so I don't, which is why I'd like to see changes for safety and automation, as well as leveling out the playing field with the 'normal' ores being abundant, so we can actually fully replace the system of putting criminal scum in time out for a few minutes.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #201846

Falamazeer wrote:
Seriously.

I love the gulag, The concept is awesome, I'd like to use it for every crime, but I'm not a piece of shit
I am. You greytide, you work it off.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #201857

> Greyshirt greytides
> Returns
> Tries to kill me immediately
> Gets gulagged again
I love it.
Bring back papercult.

Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #201879

Luke Cox wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:
I love the gulag, The concept is awesome, I'd like to use it for every crime, but I'm not a piece of shit
I am. You greytide, you work it off.
Nah, I'm with you, I'm just saying, It feels kinda wrong that it's as dangerous as it is, and it's irksome to be unable to really know how much effort a set amount of points might take.