tesla gets stuck too easily

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

tesla gets stuck too easily

Post by PKPenguin321 » #213499

when the tesla moves, it has a bias towards moving closer to where it recently zapped. if there are 30 machines that it zaps to the right and 0 to the left, it will almost always move to the right.

the machines in containment such as grounding rods and the power generator thingies never go away and get zapped infinitely, meaning the tesla has a tendency to stay near them, leading to situations like the one i described in the image

also, and i suspect this is just a coding error more than anything else, there is a very clear bias towards moving to the east in all cases. this should be fixed

thanks
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Re: tesla gets stuck too easily

Post by Sidon » #213514

make it say spooky sounds
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #213515

it should move towards sources of D/C power

REEEE FUCK OFF EDISON
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #213530

Alternating Current doesn't exist anymore.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #213546

Considering that everything on the station is batteries, photovoltaic cells and the like, and a person can put their hand on a 500kW power cable and suffer burns rather than their heart stopping, if anything it makes sense for the station's power network to be DC rather than AC.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #215291

bias to the east is because of a shock bias to the east because of how it orders the targets to check. I could have it randomize the list, but that would be extra overhead.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #215339

MrStonedOne wrote:bias to the east is because of a shock bias to the east because of how it orders the targets to check. I could have it randomize the list, but that would be extra overhead.
do whatever it takes
i believe in you mso
Spoiler:
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #215350

yes please god buff AI by making the tesla not instantly kill me every round thank you based mso :c4:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219857

Still a prevalent and very annoying issue :(
Spoiler:
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #219869

make tesla be player controllable at round start
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)