The king is dead, long live the king

General SS13 Chat
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

The king is dead, long live the king

Post by Hornygranny » #119119

As I write this, our election has come to close. The old and beloved triumvirate of un-democratically appointed dictators has been busy handing over power to our as of yet un-jaded replacements. I'm confident in the abilities of Ausops, Lollerderby and Jordie to replace us, and I hope they exceed my expectations. Having oppressed you much longer than anyone else in recent memory, I'd like to thank my supporters and congratulate my detractors on finally getting rid of me.

My tenure as boss in one form or another has not been without drama, but I think it changed our community for the better, and that makes it the most important time of my five year relationship with spacemans. My only regret is that I couldn't be around more at the end and give you all more leadership, but I've been dragged kicking and screaming into adulthood since 2010. It's no longer possible for me to provide the kind of energy required for the job outside of the office, and I should have admitted that sooner.

I've made a lot of controversial decisions during my rule, and made a lot of people unhappy. Despite any pretense or memes at the time, I've never done what I do to make people unhappy. I made the choices I did because I thought it was best for the health of the game and the health of the community. I was probably not always right, and I'm sorry for the times I wasn't. I'll still be around as a game master and assistant to our thankless host and sysop, but the future is no longer in my hands.

I believe our community is a relatively unique one on the wild internet, and I'm proud of the respect you show for the differences between everyone, regardless of how you may feel about their in-game behavior. Five years with you all has greatly enriched my free time, my career, and my life in general. I hope I've done the same in kind for any of you.

o7
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: The king is dead, long live the king

Post by nsos » #119123

heck
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #119124

I've had little to no interaction with you in all my years here, but I at least applaud your decisiveness in that ban appeal thread the other day. Godspeed.
∠(・`_´・ )
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #119125

I'll give HG credit, he really did stick to his guns and is a very old and consistent individual.

Thanks for the long term of service, its the least you deserve.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #119126

No matter how much people bitch about how shitty everything is and how tgstation is dying, I think we're doing pretty damn well
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #119129

;__;7
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #119130

when hg became headcoder, he was the headcoder we needed at that time.
you've done a wonderful job towards the community, hg.
;_;7
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #119139

W E W L A D
E
W

L
A
D
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #119142

rip permabans for criticizing segamer.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #119144

;__;7
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #119145

Only thing I don't like that you did was banning erp. Other than that I like how you told shitters like futur and Kuraudo to fuck off.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #119146

You will be missed, as will the massive volumes of butthurt you would occasionally cause. We can only hope some other worthy soul can don the mantle of "literally hitler" to dole out justice in ban appeals and stuff. Good luck with real life.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #119153

[youtube]RTguB7kCFV4[/youtube] RIP
Freedom
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #119155

Another fixture gone. And holy shit without drama. It's a miracle.

See you, space cowboy.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #119200

Well written, good riddance.

Am I a dick for saying it outright? probably, But in all the years I've disliked you you've never skipped an opportunity for the same, So I'm not the slightest bit sorry, good luck in your personal life, I raise my goblet in toast to the hope you never come into such authority in a community I'm part of again.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #119204

falamazeer it seems you are no longer in touch with the tgstation community at all. All I ever see is you posting negative comments on everything.

Perhaps it's time to move on?
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #119207

Nah, Computer problems, I only recently got this one functioning again, before that I had both shit the bed in the course of two days, and this one still stalls out and (Not responding) before blue screen and crash, even after reformatting the HD and reinstalling win and drivers. so I've been out of commission on and off, but I'm still around and about, and besides, I'm speaking long term, HG isn't and hasn't been my favorite person.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #119218

Can't banish the Granny
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
nsos

Post by nsos » #119240

he may be gone but he will forever be our Gran Gran Code Cuck
nsos

Post by nsos » #119241

This Is His Code
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #119252

Sorry hg but you got nothing on sillnazi.

Good try though.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #119254

Falamazeer wrote:Nah, Computer problems, I only recently got this one functioning again, before that I had both shit the bed in the course of two days, and this one still stalls out and (Not responding) before blue screen and crash, even after reformatting the HD and reinstalling win and drivers. so I've been out of commission on and off, but I'm still around and about, and besides, I'm speaking long term, HG isn't and hasn't been my favorite person.
it's got nothing to do with how much you play
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #119278

I always supported grangran "Alien round ruiner" codecuck. Godbless.
I play Boris Pepper.
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #119296

You were the best for a long time HG, but you burned out and became self serving a long time ago. Your 'this is MY code' schtick, illogical empowerment of a now corrupt Coderbus, and terrible, undemocratic major merges in 2013 set the stage for our current decline. Go now, rest, and come back in our hour of need in a flurry of Hitler events to save the day.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #119337

Tunder wrote:You were the best for a long time HG, but you burned out and became self serving a long time ago. Your 'this is MY code' schtick, illogical empowerment of a now corrupt Coderbus, and terrible, undemocratic major merges in 2013 set the stage for our current decline. Go now, rest, and come back in our hour of need in a flurry of Hitler events to save the day.
Too bad the torch of the YOLO-merge has been passed on to his dickciples.

RIP, grangran codecuck
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #119511

Ya had a good run, despite the ups and downs that everyone in this mad house goes through.
o7

RIP Grangran codecuck

I still think bontany need a Chicken called grangran (codecluck)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #119576

At least you didn't quit.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #125245

Mr Boardmin, tear down this sticky
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #125692

oranges wrote:Mr Boardmin, tear down this sticky
RIP
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy