Why get green text as traitor?

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Why get green text as traitor?

Post by Helios » #130213

Why get green text?
Nobody acknowledges if I managed to assassinate Cooper Cooper in the last 10 seconds of the shuttle by shooting him 4 times with a revolver.
Nobody cares I stole the boots from the CE.
Hell, same as if you are a wizard, nobody cares if you steal the station blueprints or don't as a wizard.
At least with other game modes, you are on a team/can be on a team, or you're the blob/Space Ninja/Morph, and you play like nothing else.
It's not getting tracked anywhere except anonymously through Erro's stats or your own head.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Why get green text as traitor?

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #130214

Helios wrote:Why get green text?
Nobody acknowledges if I managed to assassinate Cooper Cooper in the last 10 seconds of the shuttle by shooting him 4 times with a revolver.
Nobody cares I stole the boots from the CE.
Hell, same as if you are a wizard, nobody cares if you steal the station blueprints or don't as a wizard.
At least with other game modes, you are on a team/can be on a team, or you're the blob/Space Ninja/Morph, and you play like nothing else.
It's not getting tracked anywhere except anonymously through Erro's stats or your own head.
Objectives are something to plot your attack around. Once you've kicked the hornet's nest of the station crew who gives a damn just open fire and praise the lord.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #130217

why play games
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #130219

Why set life goals and objectives when I can just play video games?
Mime: Depresso
Helios

Post by Helios » #130220

Shaps wrote:why play games
Fun.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #130221

Helios wrote:Fun.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #130223

Shaps wrote:
Spoiler:
Helios

Post by Helios » #130224

Shaps wrote:
I guess I just need to turn off traitor as a pick
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #130227

Objectives provide a goal for you and a way to play. They aren't ever required but if you lack imagination or simply want the game to guide you, they exist to do so.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #130241

they're more like guidelines than actual rules
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #130389

The greentext isn't for them, it's for you. There's just a small feeling of accomplishment from getting green text, even if it's for something minor like get the CE's mag-boots. A small accomplishment is better than no accomplishment.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #130430

Years ago there used to be public stats which included the top 100 players with most kills, deaths, k/d ratio and so on, bring it back along with green/red text ratio and make it show the names and player keys so we can once again celebrate the most robust among us
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #130444

Why anything?
Because reasons.

But honestly, greentext/objectives are there as a point of inspiration, a goal if you will. They don't have to be obtained, there more like guidelines.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #131430

I only do objectives if I've murdered over half the station and know OOC is going to have a shitfit if I don't go pick up the blueprints or some shit.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #131491

i usually just view greentext as a kind of system for beginners in that its something to guide what traitorous activity should be. most of the time i try to roleplay (!!!) a gimmick of some kind and try to make things fun (!!!!!!!!!!!) without just outright murderboning (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

this point is probably going to get me banned
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #131544

i cannnot achieve sexual climax unless i see my BYOND key next to sweet sweet greentext
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #131561

There is no greentext, only the murderbone.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #131569

Objectives are just a suggestion to new players.
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #131656

I dunno, I like the objectives, they give me a challenge to pull off, something to work for, something besides aimless destruction.