I don't know
1%

Total votes: 141

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Remove Monkey from Rotation Until It's been Reworked

Post by Ikarrus » #23011

This is a poll to determine if people would like to see Monkey Mode made admin-only until it's been worked on. Relevent threads exist to discuss how it could be fixed, but as we have no idea when that would actually happen, if ever, we could remove it for now.

Unless people really do want to keep it as it is.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Remove Monkey from Rotation Until It's been Reworked

Post by Stickymayhem » #23012

Oh god yes please sorry Cheridan but it's broken as fuck and not fun
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Turtle_unit

Post by Turtle_unit » #23013

It's still better than ling though.
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #23014

It's broken and very unfun. Either make it admin-only or remove it entirely - at least until it's up to scratch with the other 'terrible' gamemodes. (If we're gonna have terrible modes, at least keep them consistently terrible pls).
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #23015

We should at least discuss how exactly it's broken and not fun. I enjoyed monkey mode a lot tbh, it's a bit of random survival nonsense that's a fun break from the normal subterfuge and destruction that ravages that station. The only things that should be fixed about it, that I can see at least, is the cure for jungle fever and the win condition.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #23016

The most immedient problem with Monkey mode is that there is only one win condition, for there to be Monkeys on board the Evac shuttle.

Some quick ways to help alleviate this is to add the following objective/round ending conditions.

- Only Monkeys are on-board the emergency evacuation shuttle: MONKEY MAJOR VICTORY
- There are no living uninfected Humans: MONKEY MAJOR VICTORY
- There is at least one Infected Human on-board the emergency evacuation shuttle: MONKEY MINOR VICTORY
- All Monkeys and Infected Humans are dead: HUMAN MAJOR VICTOR
- Only Humans are on-board the emergency evacuation shuttle: HUMAN MINOR VICTORY

In addition, about 1 to 3 minutes after patient zero (The original infected humans) turn into Monkey's, the evacuation shuttle should be called and arrive within 15 or so minutes.

What these changes do is ensure there is a way to end the round without it turning into a awkward extended round, places a cap of a round time limit of about 20 to 25 minutes as well as gives more clear goals.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #23017

AdenAbrafo wrote:We should at least discuss how exactly it's broken and not fun. I enjoyed monkey mode a lot tbh, it's a bit of random survival nonsense that's a fun break from the normal subterfuge and destruction that ravages that station. The only things that should be fixed about it, that I can see at least, is the cure for jungle fever and the win condition.
We already have active threads discussing this here and here
http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1054
http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1033

This poll is to simply determine if we should make monkey mode admin-only until its issues have been addressed.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #23019

it's fine to take it out, i didn't really expect it to be in heavy rotation or anything. it's a silly blow-off-steam mode.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #23020

Cheridan wrote:it's fine to take it out, i didn't really expect it to be in heavy rotation or anything. it's a silly blow-off-steam mode.
I think I would like it better if there was a way to protect yourself from being bit. So far I've tried fire suits and bio suits and EOD. Nada. You can't beat a monkey off before it can bite you. And most players don't have guns so you have to get close to fight them.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #23077

Monkeys are supposed to use gorilla warfare since they can't really do anything offensive but bite and convert people. They can't use guns so if you let one get close to you it's supposed to be gg imo.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.