Why do you play in this community?

General SS13 Chat
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Why do you play in this community?

Post by callanrockslol » #31406

Bottom post of the previous page:

In total I think I have the highest postcount over all 3 forums.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #31505

No I think that prestigious shitposting title goes to miggles.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
FreakyM
Byond Username: FriikkiM

Post by FreakyM » #32312

I'm tempted to just quote Psyentific for the most part. In short, it's where I started. It's the place that made me what I am.
Most of the people responsible for that are long gone, with a few exceptions, and a few in particular deserve mentions, because I miss having them around - Lyrewyn / Heidi Chang / whatevershewent with, Abraham Kurtz, the old man, Scaramouche, best goddamn clown to ever live, and who could forget Grim, who got me into Toxins with his funny pAI schenaningans. Actually, I'll go as far as to say that I miss Punch Rockbeef, who made a lasting impression on me with one particularly well-coordinated Malf AI round a few years back.

In short, yeah, it might be shit at times, but it's home, and it's the hellhole that forged me into what I became, and wherever I go, I find myself drifting back here to torment people with my bloated ego and godcomplex.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

Nostakaapa maljanne rivimiehille! - Tätä laulua ei kirjoitettu hallitsijoille
Moni palatsin muureilta saa tipahtaa - Pian uusi kuningas voi jälleen astua valtaan
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #32344

ColonicAcid wrote:No I think that prestigious shitposting title goes to miggles.
callan doesnt even come fucking close to highest postcount on ss13.eu (i have the highest postcount on ss13.eu)
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #32418

Kinda impressive given that ss13.eu is pretty much dead.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #32474

Now.
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
Erisian
Byond Username: Erisian

Post by Erisian » #32882

I agree with Psyentific and FreakyM. This place just has something about it that makes it more fun than other servers, mainly because of the people. Even though many (but not all) the players I remember from way back are gone, it's still good to come back and see some old faces and see new ones up and coming. There's never a dull moment and the players, dicks and good players alike, just give this place that special charm that keeps me coming back. There's a sense of community here and comfortability that other servers just can't seem to pull off.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #32992

I play in this community because... it's the only place that keeps the 'mafia in space' feel of SS13 for me. The server I used to play on was really nice, but things changed over time, and it got pretty circlejerky. Plus the fact that they insist on regularly playing 'random' mode, which regularly lands on malf, which means, I start the round knowing the AI is rogue, but we all pretend together that we don't know... But that's a good thing according to the players there, because you can tell who is being 'meta'. It's not metagaming if the game IC in OOCs itself!

TG is a little 'lighter RP' than I would prefer, I suppose, but it's the closest to what I want. Plus, it's got pretty good administration for a free game (I said pretty good, not perfect). Plus the majority of the populations seems to have a decent grasp of logic...
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #33036

I honestly thing SS13 (or at least the servers I've played regularly) tend to have some of the better administrators out there. Rather, probably some of the best I've seen. Of course I am a little biased since I was an admin on a server for a long while. There's also the point that this is completely dependent on the servers as well, so it can be pretty hit or miss. /TG/ has good admins though.
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #33282

Yeah, for unpaid administration of a pretty big server, TG has really good administration.

Part of the reason TG has such good administration is that TG has 100 people ready to jump on examples of bad administration.

It kinda sucks that it has to work that way, but it does seem to work. That's why I get nervous whenever the administration tries to limit how people can complain when they mess up.
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #33297

Fist time playing here got stuck in clut no fucking indea what to do
Summon NAr nar
Gaben shows up Music plays
watch as station is eaten alive by lord Gaben
Been here since wishing for a ryan c crest nar nar smmon

Shit like this happened in the old days and I want it back....

[youtube]-sl-ya3jGUs[/youtube]
Snake2512
Byond Username: Snake2512

Post by Snake2512 » #34480

Im here for the meatpies
4:08 PM - Maccus: you touched me as a kid remember
Deuce

Post by Deuce » #34488

Masochism.
Sky Icewind
Byond Username: SkyIcewind

Post by Sky Icewind » #37059

Because TG has actually reasonable admins and rules and can go over 30 players without the server completely exploding, plus good population even in the morning.

I didn't start on TG though because it's not listed in the main...Well list, I started on shit like liberty and by god good luck actually doing anything if the player count is above 40 after 20 minutes.
miggles

Post by miggles » #37172

Sky Icewind wrote:Because TG has actually reasonable admins
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #37211

You'd be surprised miggles, comparatively our admins are pretty tame and are at least semi-accountable (they'll get publicly lynched) for extremely stupid shit where other servers it's like secret club 'lol fuck off and deal'
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #37340

compared to other servers, yes
otherwise, not at all
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #37347

I still belive someone will again start doing press all buttons events.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Sky Icewind
Byond Username: SkyIcewind

Post by Sky Icewind » #37426

miggles wrote:
Sky Icewind wrote:Because TG has actually reasonable admins
Well, Reasonable as in "You won't get banned for not having the perfect RP excuse to do anything"

Unlike SOME servers...