What draws you to /tg/?

General SS13 Chat
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

What draws you to /tg/?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #558069

Similar to a rogue-like-like. I like underdog stories. You start the shift as a miner where everything can kill you and one misstep is certain doom, and you end the shift as an angelic dragon slayer with nothing to fear.

You play as a casual scientist, you end the shift a time-stopping skeleton version of mega-man.

It just offers you a sort of progression if not impeded by an antagonist's objective. Where at the very end of the game, you can match up with said antagonists starter gamer tools, if not overpower and excel with a mech or a saber.

Genetics needs more power-creep by the way. that job is uber nerfed and boring. its end-game is neutered hulk and people are just used to that
► Show Spoiler
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: What draws you to /tg/?

Post by Jack7D1 » #558092

I googled space monkey and got linked to the wiki.that is why I am here.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #558134

i like it when wacky, funny things happen, which is probably why i can never get into HRP because there's no payoff for acting serious the whole time. in MRP you can act pretty serious but then try to break open a vending machine and it makes your head explode instantly, or be a professional doctor but then swap the head of a human and a moth to revive a guy and then the horrible humoth abomination can have a mental breakdown over how ugly they are
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #558137

big tiddy space gfs
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #558192

i guess i could describe ss13 best as a rollercoaster? you have good rounds (going down really fast wee) and bad rounds (having to slowly trek back up again for the next drop) and every round is unique so it never gets stale
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #558202

when i started playing in 2011 the cool factor of thee fact you could interact with most things made me fall in love

depth of content always cool

community cool but i really only got involved with community in my later years

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #558365

I joined for lizard metagang.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #558369

i saw a post on /tg/ in 2011, 2012? joined, played, made some friends, left fo some years, came back
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #558370

gamers. I already made a "what brought you here"

This is whats still bringing you here ;)
► Show Spoiler
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #559482

That feeling of paranoia
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #559595

wouldn’t you like to know shadow boy
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #559597

when i first got into it it was because i was astounded that a game with this level of depth (or breadth) finally existed. no idea now though
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #559599

Accessibility, open source, cool admin team, whole servers' full of retards that I can call friends.
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #559649

rule 4
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #559761

In order:
4chan origins
High population
Most technically advanced codebase
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #560071

also tg is the best out of the available codebases that are not dead (sorry hippie you dont count)
i'd be on goon instead if 1. i didn't know about gooncode, and 2. goon didn't have super strict administration over racist and bigoted language
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #560102

the name because I initially thought that tg stood for tankie gaming and I feel no remorse when bullying commies on the internet
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.