SUPER DUPER UBER HOT TAKE ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME: BURNOUT EDITION

General SS13 Chat
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: SUPER DUPER UBER HOT TAKE ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME: BURNOUT EDITION

Post by wesoda25 » #569481

Bottom post of the previous page:

My post wasn’t a blanket statement as to how one should play the game, it was addressed solely to the OP. He literally says that the only thing he enjoys anymore is combat, and laments that people are attempting to wrestle that system into something a little more fair. How is my saying “learn to enjoy other parts of the game” anything but the obvious solution to his burn out.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: SUPER DUPER UBER HOT TAKE ABOUT THE CURRENT STATE OF THE GAME: BURNOUT EDITION

Post by Agux909 » #569488

The game is as interesting as you are willing to make it, and while playing any job. You don't need to start an autistic project, nor repeat the "same gimmick every round" to enjoy it.

The latter will burn you out in any game. If coders, just as you say, are trying to make things more balanced and fair, what else could we be asking for? Aren't you being a bit selfish with this take, wanting the things you find convenient and enjoyable for yourself to stay as they are? Shouldn't you instead try to adapt and find new and more creative ways to enjoy yourself? To use your imagination?

Either adapt, code for the game, or take a break man.

Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569490

Omni wrote:This I feel is very demeaning take tbh, even if it surely applies to some. Especially demeaning given how many, many jobs are just vapid/boring/lack content. And even these that are not and have some content to it (for nonantags), are not necessarily all that interesting for everyone (despite coders' best efforts that yielded improvements for MDs/Chemists/Cargonians for instance). I play the game mostly for social aspect of it, fun of participating in organic story, and to do whatever I feel like doing at the moment, no matter how dumb it is, and some PVE/PVP action, which is what you could very briefly sum up as combat, memes and tiding if you wanted to perform such exercise in ill interpretation, and while I understand that watching some gas burn for full hour/pumping these SM MeVs, I'm just not cut out for it. And these are still some of the better jobs in terms of depth, look at viro for instance- this is some of the most mind numbing and irritating thing I can think of doing
I appreciate coderbus for taking up unpopular task of trying to rebalance the meta, some things were very OP and dominated meta too much and were bullshit frankly (some less so, but that's up to debate, and hey you gotta take good with the bad). But I dislike forumposters lacking self awareness catechizing everyone with their enlightened take on how you gotta enjoy the game.
Local individual projects a statement targeted at a specific someone on the whole of humanity
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #569494

Stun meta will never go away because borg mains cry every time their flash gets touched.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569495

BrianBackslide wrote:Stun meta will never go away because borg mains cry every time their flash gets touched.
The fact there are borg mains is a problem in and out itself
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #569546

wesoda25 wrote:My post wasn’t a blanket statement as to how one should play the game, it was addressed solely to the OP. He literally says that the only thing he enjoys anymore is combat, and laments that people are attempting to wrestle that system into something a little more fair. How is my saying “learn to enjoy other parts of the game” anything but the obvious solution to his burn out.
the things that i enjoy doing almost always cant be made because rounds end by the 40 minute mark consistently
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #569550

what things need more than 40 min?? xenocuckbio? its not worth the time.
edit: i see you got a "tgcm" faggot tag, so this thread wasnt worth responding my bad
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #569565

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:what things need more than 40 min?? xenocuckbio? its not worth the time.
edit: i see you got a "tgcm" faggot tag, so this thread wasnt worth responding my bad
say it proper right now
you got the nuts tough guy?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #569571

yeah it's DMCA
saprasam

Post by saprasam » #569578

oranges wrote:yeah it's DMCA
i literally CANNOT argue against this proof of words and you have destroyed my livelihood
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #569804

Ya know, sometimes you just fucking burn out after you play for x amount. There's hardly any reason to try to make it an issue about that "state of the game" here.
It's not an infinite well of wishes. It's a fucking video game, go outside you basement dweller. :honkman:
signnatrire
Jin
Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Post by Jin » #569838

Just try something besides tiding and rolling antag, retard