What would you do if you were our Dictator?

General SS13 Chat
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

What would you do if you were our Dictator?

Post by Lovecraft » #81839

It's no secret that our little corner of the internet is going through a rough patch. A rough patch a lot of people seem to be over exaggerating but we're definitely due for some cleanup once it's all said and done.

What if, in the midst of all this frothing chaos, the keys somehow landed on your lap and you became the supreme authority of /tg/station? The headmins, coders, and players all agreed that you get the final say on all matters. (How is this so? I don't know it's a hypothetical. Maybe you're paying the bills and we aren't crowdfunded it doesn't matter)

What would you do? What direction would you take our server in? What would you add to or repeal from our rulebook? What types of playstyles would you encourage and what types would you remove? Would you change how our admin-structure is?

Myself, would just legalize ERP, tidy up our library, and set some groundwork up for roleplay, like our own actual lore, that kind of thing. Though I have a feeling most others could use the position better.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: What would you do if you were our Dictator?

Post by Incoming » #81841

Mandatory 3 month vacation for anyone in any position of power so everyone can get their perspectives on straight about the relative importance of 2D spessmin.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #81842

Wouldnt do shit.

...well... maybe id abuse my admin powers to fuck with people in stupid little ways. Move a beaker one space to the left on a table, empty a players cup of coffee when they were not paying attention etc.
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #81846

burn it all down
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #81847

admins wise

clean up policy, write up unwritten policy, make policy consistent where possible. There's an attitude in adminbus right now about avoiding clear boundaries to avoid line-toeing and while I understand the rationale behind it, I have a suspicion that's not a rule applicable to everything.

set up a process where admins and players get an equal amount of say in new policy, probably via usage of the policy discussion forum. I know adminbus are currently trying to do something for the benefit of the server that recently involved putting policy into play without discussion but discussion itself may also help to convince or at least inform players who visit the forums about it.

the current ingame administration and FNR process seems fine though but as admins get burned out or leave, new ones have to get trained. I'm not entirely sure how it works but if there isn't something like it, I'd like to build up a mini-wiki of sorts as a repository of knowledge and code of conducts for admin tasks.

coders wise

figure out how people start to want to contribute and help any efforts in recruiting new coders/spriters. The playerbase lives on new blood and so does coderbus.

players wise

not sure, I'd have to identify problems that need fixing or good things that need spreading. On a long term basis however, I'd probably look into ways of getting players to engage with and build an interest into /tg/ that goes beyond playing a game or two every now and then. I mean it obviously happens all the time and maybe our current influx of new players is sustainable but I want to have at least contingency plans to draw in new players as well as give existing players a reason or crippling addiction that forces them to stay.

At the core of it, I'm trying to sell a product and get people hooked otherwise there will be nobody to buy the product. This is kind of hard though, multi-million dollar mmorpg companies probably face the same problems and can't figure it out.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #81849

Lovecraft wrote:It's no secret that our little corner of the internet is going through a rough patch.
Way to not like, perpetuate it.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #81851

Lovecraft wrote:Myself, would just legalize ERP, tidy up our library, and set some groundwork up for roleplay, like our own actual lore, that kind of thing. Though I have a feeling most others could use the position better.
So when do you run for headmin?

On topic, I'd probably just want try to figure out some better system of deciding on code/policy changes. Maybe form democratically elected committees for them (Balance, Policy, etc.)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81853

Fuuuuuck direct democracy, this is a vidya game.

We votes a boss and deal with their retarded shit when they keave.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #81859

Permaban SoS for crimes against humanity
Make "Cup of Brown Joy" play 24/7
Show the remaining toxic players the door
Give all existing admins a chestfull of medals for staying on this wild ride.
Public Logs (With Byond Keys and other important tidbits censored out)
Take away the coderbus headmin
Revert any pulls or changes/stop their addition based on public vote.
Make sure headmin position has distinct, absolute powers that can't be overstepped by the host.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #81861

Delete the rules page, raise the sound file limit to 100mb, loop baka baka baka 24/7 and manually lock midi preferences to on for everyone.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #81864

Stickymayhem wrote:hardcode loop baka baka baka 24/7 and midi preferences to on for everyone.
FTFY

If I was dictator? Smash Carthage and grind them to ashes. Oh wait...
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #81872

I kind of feel the server's too focused on antags, so I'd probably subtly try to push the server towards more RP involving them. Not anything major, just somehow rewarding antags who actually RP and players that go along with it instead of murdering them, while giving out non-ban punishments of some kind towards antags who pull double-esword/noslip rampages or whatever shit people use for that now. Probably something like more TCs/spells/Ling powers as rewards and decreased antag chance as a punishment. I'd probably also have something similar to the current headmin system to take care of all the day-to-day stuff. I'd require policies to be explained and discussed for a short period on the forums before they get implemented, and also require that you must explain your reasoning for why you think the policy will help the server, which should have the double purpose of encouraging actual debate on what's best or not and very clearly highlighting people who have no idea what they're talking about. As for code, probably something similar for large projects, where you'd have to have a design document detailing what's being changed and why, though I'd probably write up some of those and just give them to the coders to implement.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #81879

kill tg.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #81881

Rename /tg/station13 to /r/ggstation420
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #81882

Crash the plane with no survivors
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #81890

oranges wrote:Crash the plane with no survivors into a singu.lo
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #81892

id uninstall byond
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #81894

i should do that now
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #81896

oranges wrote:Crash the plane with no survivors
[youtube]1G2dqXVnnPk[/youtube]
私は完璧
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #81901

All non-sec players start with lethal chem implants that explode if you try to tamper with them.

[Shitcurity intensifies]
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #81907

I'd permaban mononamers and anyone who even slightly hints that they maybe aren't that immersion breaking
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81921

Lovecraft wrote:I'd permaban mononamers and anyone who even slightly hints that they maybe aren't that immersion breaking
You and me, let's Headmin together.

I'd take the headmin vote coderbus has and give it to the players.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #81922

id buy 2 video games and a pizza
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81929

DemonFiren wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:I'd permaban mononamers and anyone who even slightly hints that they maybe aren't that immersion breaking
You and me, let's Headmin together.

I'd take the headmin vote coderbus has and give it to the players.
your sig literally has a mononame in it
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81934

I'm not sure if you're kidding or if you genuinely believe name policy affects lizards to any stricter degree than it affects, say, synthetics.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #81936

I'd just ban the entire community and everyone who joined the server. Can't have drama if there's no community in the first place now can we! Ha!
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81956

DemonFiren wrote:I'm not sure if you're kidding or if you genuinely believe name policy affects lizards to any stricter degree than it affects, say, synthetics.
Lizards literally only got their anything-goes name allowance because on the first day of lizards some people decided to pretend to be argonians (who have dumb names anyway) and every player since has seen nothing but vern-connective-noun for lizard names, which obviously they copy.

Of course, I support the right of everyone to call their character 'Valids-The-Traitor" or "Drops-the-Soap" or "Robs-The-Armory" while ragging on at mononamers (who don't even exist anyore byond
'KaiSumo' or shit like that)
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #81960

Ban all the players
Deadmin all the admins
Delete all the codes
Change all urls to link to singulo /b
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81963

I'd just make everything apart from rule 8 infractions legal as long as you have an IC reason.

Now that's what I call RP.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #81964

My character is crazy and just HAS to murder people randomly
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #81969

PM-to Admins: My character is just an omnipotent entity with all-knowing wisdom that understands the secrets of the universe and can use that knowledge to make things easier or destroy the universe or make it slower. I'm not exploiting bugs, I'm just RPing!
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81990

I'd edit nearly everything on the wiki and ingame to reference me, basically insert myself into the canon as the god emperor of nanotrasen or something.

Then I'd ban anyone who doesn't ironically go along with it. Make anyone who genuinely finds it funny admins.
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #81992

I would actually ban all of the people in the metaclubs
They actually exist
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #81995

No they don't.
Lovecraft

Post by Lovecraft » #81999

That's a funny thing to say
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #82017

As dictator?

Ban he.

BAN HE, BAN SHE, BAN ME.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #82032

ThanatosRa wrote:As dictator?

Ban he.

BAN HE, BAN SHE, BAN ME.
I'll ban anyone's ass. I'll ban your ass. I'll ban your dog's ass. I'll ban my own ass.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #82056

Yell at Chucklefucks
Turn the bridge into a SUPER bar (Stocked with only gin, obviously)
Have a cigar and lighter spawn in everyones pockets apon joining
Demote all the admins (Besides Scones, Skorvold, And Nik, I'd make them my coffee getters)
Un-Ban papprika
Give Anon Headmin
Everyone round is dedicated to the one, the holy
Gin
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #82074

but i already am dictator
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #82090

EndgamerAzari wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:As dictator?

Ban he.

BAN HE, BAN SHE, BAN ME.
I'll ban anyone's ass. I'll ban your ass. I'll ban your dog's ass. I'll ban my own ass.
I would never administer a server that wouldn't ban Me.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #82139

Shit myself and cry, probably. As little as I play I barely get a whiff of all the drama, but goddamn people.

I'd probably set the admin policy to just 'don't be a dick' and 'resolve it IC', and then prod coderbus towards making it easier to do dumb shit. Also, space Valhalla.

Oh, re-legalizing ERP is a good idea too. It was always hilarious that someone would sniff it out and then fucking dismantle the walls and shit. I would also cram Acid Breakout and Woody's Got Wood back into the library.

Uh, the actual 'botany guide to wood' WGW, not the other one.

Ooh, ooh, I'd ask the vastly more experienced admins/coders/allthempeople about why all my decisions are horrible ideas, and then probably command they anyway.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #82231

Just another silly shitpost on this.

BANNU BANNU BANNU You're cool, BANNU I'm out.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #82366

Abuse my power to screw with everyone, become super commando shithead in every round, force coderbus to add Space War Two gamemode with Space Nutzis and Space Russians shooting at each other with bolt action rifles, be a shithead generally.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #82370

Merge the SS13 together communities where possible and help to create a more inclusive enviroment so when a good feature is added to one place it can easily be known about.
Seriously though it would probably mainly mean admins are shared across more servers and mainly a lot of small servers get linked to on a specific part of the website with a process for them to get proper official titles and specific slants on how they play. Not to mention probably a huge overarching database to share bans or create specific bans for types of servers with a read ability for non official with a ask to apply ban on people and official servers getting a ability to instant ban people on types of servers or all linked servers if just a pure griffer.
Goon had this idea before and offered to bring everyone in but it didnt happen.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82375

Jalleo wrote:Merge the SS13 together communities where possible and help to create a more inclusive enviroment so when a good feature is added to one place it can easily be known about.
Seriously though it would probably mainly mean admins are shared across more servers and mainly a lot of small servers get linked to on a specific part of the website with a process for them to get proper official titles and specific slants on how they play. Not to mention probably a huge overarching database to share bans or create specific bans for types of servers with a read ability for non official with a ask to apply ban on people and official servers getting a ability to instant ban people on types of servers or all linked servers if just a pure griffer.
Goon had this idea before and offered to bring everyone in but it didnt happen.
Go away Karl Marx
Fayrik
Byond Username: Fayrik

Post by Fayrik » #82762

We're about to find out why Fayrik didn't run for headmin.

The very first thing I would do is reclassify the server as Heavy RP and immediately bring in new policy to reflect that.
Not for my own preference or anything, just some relaxed heavy RP policy to and uncomfortably shoe-horn everyone into the lore for my own amusement.

I'd then reintroduce corgi people, pod people and slime people as per the april fools update, only this time keeping humans playable too. I would proceed to remove the option to play male characters altogether and encourage that everyone make their characters "kawaii".

Following that I would then create a new rule that everyone's forum avatar must be a kawaii anime girl, to reflect the server's new position.

Finally, I would add a rule that allows ERP for exactly three hours every day, but if the "fun times" carry one one second past that limit then it's permaban time. No Questions.

...Oh, and I might introduce Tarajans as auto-valids depending on how well the ERP rule goes down. They'd be the only race that could chose to be male, as well. But like I said, that's only a maybe.

Also, can I just compliment Lovecraft for pre-emptively conforming to my 3rd rule.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #82767

You should've ran for headmin.
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #82768

same thing i do as captain

yell at my subordinates, beat the ever-loving shit out of the multiverse horse, and incite riots by slapping faces with my massive command peen
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #82832

Remove the hug-box! Would make some serious changes to damage, if you wear no armor then a crowbar to the head wont require 10+ hits to kill you.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #82833

Unban Terbs.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.