General SS13 Chat
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: What you wish there was more of in the game

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134024

Bottom post of the previous page:

newfren wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Anonmare wrote:More opportunities for sabotage really, like being able to put a very small amount of explosives in APCs and have them set to go off with a signaller. You can sorta do that with plasma in the power cell but that's more of boobytrapping for if/when an engineer comes along, and hooking up a signaller directly is only temporary.
I cannot remember exactly but what if you pulsed/cut the power wire off, swapped the batteries, turn the breaker off then pulsed it on via sensor? proximity sensor, set to a 1 tile radius i guess, hidden infrared sensor works too if its in a particular clutch spot. (build booby trapped light fixtures to windows and then place a active infrared close by hooked up to a signaller APC to activate.

I wish personally there were more perks to being flypeople, they are much unloved, perhaps a ability to see a small amount beyond then normal range (Thermal?/Xray/Other?) and triple benefits for half actual reagent effect of hyperactivity in the intake of eating sugar, meaning you can subsist very well and heal up good by gorging yourself on 4no rasins or twinkies (even raw sugar)

The reason there's no benefit to being a fly person is because being a fly person is what happens when you start being an impatient shit and teleport before the damn thing calibrates.

It's not supposed to be a good thing.
Its not even a real penalty that stops people, just a slightly meaningless filler and pop culture reference to 'The Fly' quite rare actually for TG i guess for it to be so open and widely known.

Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #134025

FantasticFwoosh wrote:nested quotes
It dehumans you - that's the penalty.
Tawsix
Byond Username: Tawsix

Post by Tawsix » #134080

1g88a wrote:People using and reading newscasters.
I love it when someone is actively making newscasts, I always take the time to read them.

Something I'd like to see more is folks paying attention to the chain of command. As a subordinate it's shit when your department head completely ignores the department, and as a head, it's shit when your department just scatters and ignores their radios. Some of my favorite rounds were working closely with my department head/subordinates to actually get shit done in a half-way organized manner, but most rounds it's a fucking miracle if more than one person responds to a roll-call at round start.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #134120

Tawsix wrote:
1g88a wrote:People using and reading newscasters.
I love it when someone is actively making newscasts, I always take the time to read them.

Something I'd like to see more is folks paying attention to the chain of command. As a subordinate it's shit when your department head completely ignores the department, and as a head, it's shit when your department just scatters and ignores their radios. Some of my favorite rounds were working closely with my department head/subordinates to actually get shit done in a half-way organized manner, but most rounds it's a fucking miracle if more than one person responds to a roll-call at round start.
Newscasters are like super effective, a AI can use it and it's built in unlimited camera + database with combined efforts of borgs in non camera areas to provide on the beat journalism anywhere and name and shame crooks with all the perks of having top level access to a top-end one in the core. (file public wanted alerts and censor badmin announcments for instance)

I personally wish also there we more practical purposes for the biogenerator beyond the limited utility and cosmetic options we have, why not have it be able to be hacked to access more riskque and dangerous leather related items (a whip physical item not unlike the chain of command for one that can hit small things like buttons a tile away from your range on a 40% miss chance)

Spoiler:
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #134183

More talkative PAIs would be nice. Just having someone to talk to during stressful times or as an antag can sure help calm your nerves a bit. This might be why I'm so partial to holoparasites.