Nuke Ops Tactics

General SS13 Chat
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Re: Nuke Ops Tactics

Post by Topham » #167190

Bottom post of the previous page:

Man, this thread makes nuke op rounds feel more badass than they actually are, I love it. I might make a team or two of my own for the hell of it. For the pictures of the teams, are y'all just putting together a couple catatonics on your own server and screenshotting?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #167195

Topham wrote:Man, this thread makes nuke op rounds feel more badass than they actually are, I love it. I might make a team or two of my own for the hell of it. For the pictures of the teams, are y'all just putting together a couple catatonics on your own server and screenshotting?
Pretty much. Since when did real Operative teams have that much cohesion?
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #167262

Jazaen wrote:That's just what we need, more people going stealth ops I-kill-cap-get-nuke-blow-station-by-myself-you-stay-here meme.
Last successful nuke ops team I was on basically one guy went in stealthy while the rest of us went in loud to create a diversion while thinning the crew out a bit. Granted only the stealth op made it back while the rest of us died in a blaze of glory but we still scored a major victory and it ended up being fun for the whole (syndicate) family.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #167460

Topham wrote:Man, this thread makes nuke op rounds feel more badass than they actually are, I love it. I might make a team or two of my own for the hell of it. For the pictures of the teams, are y'all just putting together a couple catatonics on your own server and screenshotting?
I like playing dressup with my spacemen.
Topham
Byond Username: Topham

Post by Topham » #167583

Introducing...
Third Time's The Charm Squad!

This is the third nuke op shift in a row, and now these rookies are starting to get the hang of it. Before buying fifty soap, one of them managed to yell loud enough to devise some sort of plan. Left to right:

The Leader
Equipped with the elite suit and C-20r SMG, this is your guy to get shit done simply, albeit not very interestingly. Probably the only one to actually get the disk or disable T-Comms, he swiped most of the C4 and spare stetchkin ammo off of the ship, as well as two medkits for when his comrades inevitably run ahead of him. Pleasantly surprised that most of his crew has followed his instructions. Only one to have grabbed an emag and a few basic tools as well, just in case.

The Nut
Bought a flamethrower before Code Blue was even declared on-station. Seeing this, The Leader decided to encourage his squad to buy flame-oriented gear and insisted that EVERYONE has elite suits. Equipped with her flamethrower and the leftovers of her comrade's pyro bundle, she wants to watch the station burn and will glaly shoot anyone ignorant enough who thinks otherwise.

The Nutter
If you gave the Nut more crazy and less common sense, you'd get the Nutter. When the leader declared that the station will go up in flames before the nuke is even set off, she was more than happy to buy the pyro bundle, not realizing that she would lack a backpack because of it. Totally content with her slightly underwhelming fire sprayer, she gave her leftovers to the Nut and made sure to gear up with as much stetchkin ammo as possible. Purposefully chose matching gars with the Nut because with the two combined, they are a force to be reckoned with.

The Impulsive One
Spent just about all of their TCs on a Bulldog and ammo for it. They grabbed the rest of the medkits, thinking that nobody else would bother, as well as the remaining C4 and minibombs. Everyone keeps losing track of them as they run about the station, mercilessly blowing the heads off of anything that dares to breathe and even some things that don't. Dumped their starting stetchkin and ammo in exchange for extra space for incendiary Bulldog ammo and his few explosives.

Cayenne
The Impulsive One insisted that Cayenne come along for moral and combat reinforcement, but everyone knows that this poor fish will be space sushi whether the team fails or succeeds.

The Dreamer
Equipped with the devastating crowd-killer L6-SAW, this man is more than ready to mow down helpless greyshirts and hear their burning bodies scream in agony before descending straight to hell. He got a little too excited, though, and was only able to afford a single extra magazine for his gun. Because of this crucial mistake, his powerful weapon will likely soon be emptied, thrown at the clown, and instead replaced by his trustworthy stetchkin. Most likely to have a spear embedded in his chest and be left behind along with Cayenne.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #167594

Next time I play nuke op I want to try a sort of strategy where I just sort of serve as a really obnoxious distraction while my team actually gets things done. Get a cameleon jumpsuit, voice changer, and agent ID then sneak onto the station and pose as a really annoying greytide traitor. Steal a spray bottle or bucket and wet tiles everywhere, use the voice changer to impersonate crew members and yell embarassing and disgusting things over the radio, and pick off crew members from time to time. Basically get as many crew members hunting me down thinking I'm just an average traitor while the other nuke ops do their thing.