ITT: we whine

General SS13 Chat
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Re: ITT: we whine

Post by Laharl Monthy » #88960

Bottom post of the previous page:

Xhuis wrote:When you voluntarily give someone the nuke codes, you can't complain when they use them. It irritates me when admins will give out the nuke code to the captain or something than get angry at him when he sets off the nuke.
Now that's just silly.
When I give out the nuke code, I generally fully expect that the station has a chance to explode. Even when trouble is over. Nothing to get angry over, at least deadchat gets to play again.
Hell sometimes, when I feel that the real code isn't necessary (like when the clown somehow got hold of the main terminal), I give a false code, just to create a little panick. Because Honk.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #88962

Xhuis wrote:When you voluntarily give someone the nuke codes, you can't complain when they use them. It irritates me when admins will give out the nuke code to the captain or something than get angry at him when he sets off the nuke.
>Blob pops
>LEVEL 5 BIO HAZARD ABROAD THE STATION
>request nuke codes

Every. Fucking. Time.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89010

Remember, if you don't want to detonate the nuke, just give them the nuke codes.

The default one

CENTCOMM ANNOUNCEMENT:

The nuclear code is: ADMIN.
Have a secure day and stop being pussies
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #89024

The default code is LOLNO.
You can still set off the nuke but expect to be banned for exploiting.
I play Boris Pepper.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89031

As discussed elsewhere: Default-set the nuke code to a random number each round, automatically, then ban whoever manages to arm the nuke. Also automatically.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #89096

Kor wrote:
Miauw wrote:
Kor wrote:Everything is too well/overdesigned now when a lot of the charm of the game used to come from how unbalanced, unpredictable, and poorly thought out everything was, and how wrong everything would go because of it.
man yeah i sure loved being parapenned out of nowhere, that really was the unpredictability that made this game great.

E:
Or man, being parastung, dragged into maint and absorbed! those are moments I remember with glee, because they were so damn fun, right?
Cheridan wrote:
Kor wrote:Everything is too well/overdesigned now when a lot of the charm of the game used to come from how unbalanced, unpredictable, and poorly thought out everything was, and how wrong everything would go because of it.
What does this really apply to, besides gas storage being in the toxins mixing room and "advanced robusting techniques" like tabling, quickchoking, and throwing people into walls over and over until they died? People say this kind of thing a lot but most of the time it comes off like Smash tourney guys whining that they can't wavedash in Brawl
Mostly map design, so many godamn R-walls and no fast way of dealing with them. Those "quality of life" upgrades for the AI/security.

I'm responsible for nerfing plenty of shit myself, so I'm part of the problem.

I miss being able to blow through a wall with an RCD (from the public lathe!) or spray acid in a mans face. There was a single unreinforced wall between you and the brig cells. The regular AI satellite is now a fortress with more security than all of Uterus station put together.

And yes I do miss ADVANCED ROBUST COMBAT like using water on floors or throwing out tables to block people. I also miss walking around naked in space drinking coffee.

Stuff like that. Nobody misses parapens (though I do miss silently putting C4 on people to fake GBS, even if it was awful)
im fairly sure acid is still OP af though, what with destroying everybody's gear easily.
and slipping people is still a thing, to the point where noslips are a part of the murderbone combo.

hacking doors isn't hard, you can still get into plenty of places, except without easy falsewalls (and there arent THAT much rwalls, although I agree that rwalling all of RD may be a bit extreme.) a big issue with SS13 is the omniscience of the AI, though.

Also, thermite is still a thing and i think it still works on rwalls, so you DO have a quick way of getting through them. (i basically only play janitor, librarian, atmos tech or borg nowadays, so forgive my ignorance)

The AI sattelite was a rather needed buff, because malf AIs would almost always lose back when it was in the middle of the bridge. I've seen it happen many, many times. Somebody would thermite into the core and then everybody would just uncomfortably stand in the meeting room and push girders into the AI core to dodge the lasers. (this too is fixed now)

as for the others, vOv
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89101

Bluespace wrote:The default code is LOLNO.
Actually you're wrong.

Code: Select all

var/r_code = "ADMIN"
And you cant even enter a non-numerical code via shenanigans - if whatever is entered isn't a number, it cancels the arming and alerts admins.

if (text2num(lastentered) == null)
						var/turf/LOC = get_turf(usr)
						message_admins("[key_name_admin(usr)] tried to exploit a nuclear bomb by entering non-numerical codes: <a href='?_src_=vars;Vars=\ref[src]'>[lastentered]</a> ! ([LOC ? "<a href='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=[LOC.x];Y=[LOC.y];Z=[LOC.z]'>JMP</a>" : "null"])", 0)
						log_admin("EXPLOIT : [key_name(usr)] tried to exploit a nuclear bomb by entering non-numerical codes: [lastentered] !")
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #89115

Why has engineering been exclusively staffed by fucktards when I play? Nearly every round I've played lately the shuttle has been called due to power loss or engineering losing the sing and it fucking up everything. All the engineers all start building rage cages or dance floors instead of powering the station. Come on guys.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89123

Someone took all the roundstart charge out of the SMES. I dont know why.
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #89125

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Someone took all the roundstart charge out of the SMES. I dont know why.
accidents happen. it should be fixed in the near future.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #89165

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Bluespace wrote:The default code is LOLNO.
Actually you're wrong.

var/r_code = "ADMIN"
And you cant even enter a non-numerical code via shenanigans - if whatever is entered isn't a number, it cancels the arming and alerts admins.

if (text2num(lastentered) == null)
						var/turf/LOC = get_turf(usr)
						message_admins("[key_name_admin(usr)] tried to exploit a nuclear bomb by entering non-numerical codes: <a href='?_src_=vars;Vars=\ref[src]'>[lastentered]</a> ! ([LOC ? "<a href='?_src_=holder;adminplayerobservecoodjump=1;X=[LOC.x];Y=[LOC.y];Z=[LOC.z]'>JMP</a>" : "null"])", 0)
						log_admin("EXPLOIT : [key_name(usr)] tried to exploit a nuclear bomb by entering non-numerical codes: [lastentered] !")
the default password in the code is indeed "ADMIN", but one (maybe more) of the maps has it var edited to start as "LOLNO".
私は完璧
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89256

Redblaze3000 wrote:engineering losing the sing and it fucking up everything
While this was already a normal occurrence, it may not actually be engineering's fault lately due to a phantom bug
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89304

Tgstation and Metastation both return nothing when I search them for the string "LOLNO" on github, will look into.

This is the file data for the metastation nuke:

"aAo" = (/obj/machinery/nuclearbomb/selfdestruct{layer = 2}

Tgstation2

"aCd" = (/obj/machinery/nuclearbomb/selfdestruct{layer = 2}
Neither of these appear to have been varedited in any way to change the code ( The bit in {} is the edits to default vars afaik)

And mini doesn't even HAVE a self-destruct.
Last edited by Not-Dorsidarf on Tue May 19, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89305

The only hit I get is for mind.dm, which checks whether the nuke code is "LOLNO" or "ADMIN" before doing something possibly related to awwwwpertives.

Guessing this means that LOLNO has at least been considered before.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #89306

Wait, it might set it in nuclear. BRB

EDIT: No files in the nuclear emergency folder set the nuke code to LOLNO. Or even contain the word.

EDIT mark 2: My guess is that LOLNO is a leftover from before someone safety-proofed the nuclear bomb (It really did used to be a random 5-digit number, and after it was changed to ADMIN it was possible to exploit it to enter) so that you couldnt set it off in nuclear under any circumstances

3xEDIT COMBO: The code that demon referenced means that nuke ops always get the right code, even if they're spawned in and the admins gave them a bomb, as long the code isn't "LOLNO" or "ADMIN" (So the nuke ops are never told to set off the self-destruct)
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #89375

why does this forum run on software that was written when dinosaurs roamed the earth
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #89383

Redblaze3000 wrote:Why has engineering been exclusively staffed by fucktards when I play? Nearly every round I've played lately the shuttle has been called due to power loss or engineering losing the sing and it fucking up everything. All the engineers all start building rage cages or dance floors instead of powering the station. Come on guys.
Also with the lag that comes with the sexy Nano UI, I've seen people accidentally empty the plasma canister into their face pretty much every other round so far.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #89391

Why do people always run when Sec comes to check on them? For fucks sakes, I don't want to be the asshole that begins ands every question in interrogation with a taser, and never answers questions about why you're being questioned but you gotta meet me halfway here. Chances are, I just want to know where you are to corroborate a story and running away is also likely fucking someone else over as well
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #89394

Anonmare wrote:Why do people always run when Sec comes to check on them? For fucks sakes, I don't want to be the asshole that begins ands every question in interrogation with a taser, and never answers questions about why you're being questioned but you gotta meet me halfway here. Chances are, I just want to know where you are to corroborate a story and running away is also likely fucking someone else over as well
Because half the time people may have stuff on them which may either get them brigged for a while or it be stolen / confiscated by Sec. The other half is that people really don't want to bother spending part of their round dealing with security, whether it be a simple search or questioning, or full brig time whatever.
I actually fall into both of these sometimes. If I'm making an autist fort in maint, I'll have boxes full of circuit boards to build my own science lab. Not every Sec officer is just going to let you have them, and will either brig you / confiscate them.
On the other side as well, I've had a round where the cameras in xenobio weren't working / someone else cut them, I forget which. The AI then summons the entire security force to Xenobio, at which point I just fucking decide to hold out in Xenobio as long as possible by walling it off and eventually retreating into the slime cages with my pet slimes.

Now, I do actually try to make Sec officers lives easier by handing myself in or just letting them search me if there isn't any issue that's going to be a problem, so don't take from this that I'm always uncooperative, I just don't enjoy having to put up with Sec Officer Pubbie's first day on the job, cracking down on space law and confiscating ANYTHING that people have on them.

tl;dr
It's more fun in the long run I guess.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #89434

@Not-Dorsidarf
not sure where it is in the code persay, but if you load up a private server on box and check the nuke's vars, LOLNO is in there somewhere and acts as the code
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #89461

hey guys

friendly reminder, if you run into the supermatter, not only are you fucking dead instantly everyone lucky enough to watch you derp into a big ol' block of death gets blasted with a metric fuckload of radiation and start tripping balls

please watch your step
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #89512

engineering insisting on starting singulo and fucking it up every single fucking time then saying it's a "glitch" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

why can't you just wire the solars and call it a day ffs? ever seen solars eating half of the station when they're unpowered for 15 seconds?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89513

Once. I think it was admins.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #89527

mosquitoman wrote:engineering insisting on starting singulo and fucking it up every single fucking time then saying it's a "glitch" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

why can't you just wire the solars and call it a day ffs? ever seen solars eating half of the station when they're unpowered for 15 seconds?
It literally was a glitch.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #89528

Stickymayhem wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:engineering insisting on starting singulo and fucking it up every single fucking time then saying it's a "glitch" :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

it could be a glitch one or two times but afterwards you'd expect morons to learn that if they can't keep singulo from escaping they should probably look at sfer methods of providing power
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #89536

IcePacks wrote:hey guys

friendly reminder, if you run into the supermatter, not only are you fucking dead instantly everyone lucky enough to watch you derp into a big ol' block of death gets blasted with a metric fuckload of radiation and start tripping balls

please watch your step
man i remember when somebody built a quadruple SM engine but then blew it up because he was a traitor.
the captain went looking for bodies in the wreckage and walked right into a miraculously OK SM shard.
EmGee
Byond Username: EmGee

Post by EmGee » #89545

Redblaze3000 wrote:Why has engineering been exclusively staffed by fucktards when I play? Nearly every round I've played lately the shuttle has been called due to power loss or engineering losing the sing and it fucking up everything. All the engineers all start building rage cages or dance floors instead of powering the station. Come on guys.
Redblaze3000 wrote:All the engineers all start building rage cages or dance floors instead of powering the station. Come on guys.
Redblaze3000 wrote:rage cages.
implying this is a bad thing, provided they set up the power
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #89559

mosquitoman wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:

it could be a glitch one or two times but afterwards you'd expect morons to learn that if they can't keep singulo from escaping they should probably look at sfer methods of providing power
You can't expect every engineer to personally be aware of the latest gamebreaking bugs.

It's an unusual problem and not every engineer notices it occurring in time to adminhelp and warn us so we can fix it in the moment.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89561

Depends on what bug, actually.

So, what bug?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #89568

DemonFiren wrote:Depends on what bug, actually.

So, what bug?
take your pick

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/issues/9555
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/issues/9516
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #89571

Ah, those two. They're always fun.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #89848

EmGee wrote: implying this is a bad thing, provided they set up the power
we all wish that was the bare minimum
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #232724

Miners never get enough plasma for cargo (especially tator ones)
Captain called the shuttle because he's board
Lizards are not valid
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?