Suggestion: Roundstart library changes

General SS13 Chat
SpineWeaver
Byond Username: SpineWeaver

Suggestion: Roundstart library changes

Post by SpineWeaver » #572704

OK I know most people couldn't care less about the library but I have a few suggestions on how to improve game play as a curator.
1)Library should have no books at roundstart, this allows the curator to go through and make it much more personalised, also it removes the chore of going through the books and scanning them all into the database.
2)If that doesn't work, make it so that all roundstart books start already scanned in to the general inventory database, makes it a lot more realistic as in an actual workplace all the books would already be scanned in.
I know this is kind of nit picky but yeah, that's some suggestions that I'd like to see added.
Thanks
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Suggestion: Roundstart library changes

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #572707

Hi there and welcome to the forums

Firstly this isnt the place for suggestions, the Ideas subforum serves that purpose

Secondly the library computer is currently disabled due to it being exploitable (you could easily lag the server with it)
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572712

The shelves used to spawn empty, but it was changed at some point to start populated with random books. I forget how curator works because I haven't used the library mechanics in so long but it sounds like they should start scanned in too.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #572718

If you want to personalize the library’s selection, remove those that are already there.