what the fuck happened to campbell?

General SS13 Chat
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

what the fuck happened to campbell?

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605870

I see all this Campbell shit and memes sometimes, what happened?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

UristMcTerrible
Byond Username: WhataTerribleUserName

Re: what the fuck happened to campbell?

Post by UristMcTerrible » #605873

Campbell just kinda died out the starting gate iirc. No one did anything with campbell sadly.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #605874

vorestation stole all the players
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #605875

Campbell will be returning some time this month.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #605881

MrStonedOne wrote:Campbell will be returning some time this month.
Nice, can I be there for the reopening?????
Living God

Extraordinary Person

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #605884

nobody liked the soup
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #605900

Campbell was a magical place where like only 10 people played during highpop hours. Because of the low player count and non-existent admin presence, rounds averaged 1-4 days in length, usually concluding in a server crash for one reason or another. Once all the bepis tech and R&D was researched, spessmen would leave the station(usually pubby) to claim various asteroids(because they had gravity) and construct their own outposts and such, as the main station was prone to random events, most of which rendered it uninhabitable after 10 hours or so.
Some of the asteroid outposts were uber rad, one had a tesla engine and an atmosphere of pluoxium, so the plasmaman player could walk about without a suit. Right before the server went down someone made it a habit to start a newscaster channel to relay information about shuttle whereabouts and other useful information. It was pretty cool
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #605907

Capsandi wrote:Campbell was a magical place where like only 10 people played during highpop hours. Because of the low player count and non-existent admin presence, rounds averaged 1-4 days in length, usually concluding in a server crash for one reason or another. Once all the bepis tech and R&D was researched, spessmen would leave the station(usually pubby) to claim various asteroids(because they had gravity) and construct their own outposts and such, as the main station was prone to random events, most of which rendered it uninhabitable after 10 hours or so.
Some of the asteroid outposts were uber rad, one had a tesla engine and an atmosphere of pluoxium, so the plasmaman player could walk about without a suit. Right before the server went down someone made it a habit to start a newscaster channel to relay information about shuttle whereabouts and other useful information. It was pretty cool
any screenshots sound epic
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #605918

killed from lack of nessesity
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #606021

cocothegogo wrote:
Capsandi wrote:snip
any screenshots sound epic
I used to have a screenshot of a renovated OneHalf ruin which I always aimed to claim because the layout is unique, but I cant seem to find it right now.

There was this one round, possibly the longest of them all, where I was living in that crashed arrivals shuttle ruin, and had acquired binoculars from someone who had stopped in for a jetpack refill. So I'm using these binoculars to look out my station's only window, when I see that just out of my previously unaided sight was a big fuckoff asteroid, and I could tell by the shape that it was the comms agent listening post. There was nobody inside, but before I could activate it's self destruct(I was busy configuring a quantum pad with a quantum keycard so that I could stop being interrupted by jealous spacemen without their own outposts) two golems began renovating it.
I didn't want an ugly asteroid, or anything at all near my badass hermit shack. I had been listening to, for the past day and a half, those same golems and the rest of the players arguing over the caravan ship. The ship had every protolathe all linked up to it's own ore silo as well as a tcomms relay and NT net server. It was impressive, but someone had smacked it onto the top of lavaland to hide it from the rest of us, and the golems had given their R&D setup to the ship so they believed it was theirs. I don't think their claim was all that solid but I needed an asteroid bombed.
I had found the ship an hour or so prior while getting bluespace crystals for my teleporter pads, as it was parked above the labor camp. I didn't tell anyone because I was planning to demand the deluxe codespeak book(half the server had learned it at the time, but it was uber aggravating when everyone was speaking it except you). Instead, I demanded the roid detonated and the messaging server key, and in return I would tell them where the ship was.
They complied right as the pirate shuttle from the caravan ruin parked next to it, almost killing it's borg pilot and wreaking the ship. I had already told them the ship location and so they escaped using spin inverters, with threats of space court proceedings to sort out the legality of shuttle ownership made for the next day or so before the server crashed.
Campbell politics were very complex, I should write a book about it.
Timonk wrote:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #606024

These rounds spanning multiple days were the best, I did enjoy leaving my mark in there whenever I joined in, you start thinking in other dimensions and it feels like a group effort when you team up with other players to start on a station project, and not only is it all still in one piece the next day, but someone even progressed it! Thinking back, I cannot recall a real instance of grief while on this server, I think the server being largely empty does not attract these kinds of people.

I did enjoy the server, and I am very surprised that campbell will open up again! I am looking forward to experiencing the twilight world of campbell, the station that outlasts any other, where you can let your character go to sleep and come back to it the next day again! Perhaps with the assistance of the coders, we could lean into the nature of campbell, and make additions to this server that fits these day long rounds?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #606033

BONERMASTER wrote:These rounds spanning multiple days were the best, I did enjoy leaving my mark in there whenever I joined in, you start thinking in other dimensions and it feels like a group effort when you team up with other players to start on a station project, and not only is it all still in one piece the next day, but someone even progressed it! Thinking back, I cannot recall a real instance of grief while on this server, I think the server being largely empty does not attract these kinds of people.

I did enjoy the server, and I am very surprised that campbell will open up again! I am looking forward to experiencing the twilight world of campbell, the station that outlasts any other, where you can let your character go to sleep and come back to it the next day again! Perhaps with the assistance of the coders, we could lean into the nature of campbell, and make additions to this server that fits these day long rounds?

With warm regards
-BONERMASTER
Unfortunately IIRC some maintainer stated that rounds lasting several days are unsupported in the comments of some issue about servers crashing due to the round time value being too large.
Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #606057

Seems like the Alt codebase can support rounds as long as 2202 hours long, what's the orthographic excuse?

Just another reason to recognize isometric superiority
Timonk wrote:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #606126

Under new management ;)
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #608673

5 days remain, will we see Campbell return, Only time will tell.
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #608676

based on the current evidence we have, half life 3 will be released before campbell's return
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #608677

[youtube]Wo-GCd12k18[/youtube]
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 16-45-46 Welcome to SpaceStation 13 - tg station 13.png
Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 16-45-46 Welcome to SpaceStation 13 - tg station 13.png (4.08 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #608678

Fishimun wrote:based on the current evidence we have, half life 3 will be released before campbell's return
Never thought the day would come in which something like this could be said unironically. Amen.

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #608687

ImageImageImageImageImage
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman