Competition/Giveaway

General SS13 Chat
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Competition/Giveaway

Post by NikNakFlak » #98129

I bought some cheap but notable games to give away to the community. Naturally we'll be having a competition
I know the games aren't super great, but I thought it would be nice to do a little community event thingy. Anyone can participate!

The games are:
The Stanley Parable
Goat Simulator
Hotline Miami
Guns of Icarus Online
Portal
Slender: The Arrival

There will be three competitions. The first being a writing competition located here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3940
Write a short Fan-fiction based around SS13 and a panel of three judges will vote on the story that wins. The winner of the writing competition will get first choice of the games. Please post all submissions in that thread.

The next games will be chosen by nomination of the most popular /Tg/ players located here: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3939
Nominate the best player from sybil and basil/bagil. Winners will get to choose a game from the list. A coin will be flipped on who gets to select first, the bagil/basil nominee or the Sybil nominee.

The last three games that were not selected by these previous winners will be given away in a standard golden ticket event on Sybil sometime in the near future after the first three prizes are given away. The event is a time-long tradition in which three "tickets" or captains spare IDs are hidden somewhere on the map or in space and players must search for them. Whoever finds the tickets, in the order they are found, gets a game from the list, whatever three are left. etc.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Competition/Giveaway

Post by oranges » #98131

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3940

Here's the actual competition link in case anyone was wondering
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #98132

Fixed it
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #98133

:capid: :capid: :capid: Golden tickets?
Mime: Depresso
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #98228

>vote for the most popular player

BWA HA HA HAHA oh god no. Just have it be a robustness match instead.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #98254

How long will the competitions run for?
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #99179

I think the writing one will end a week from today, and then maybe the popularity one will end a week after that. Just rough deadlines.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #99321

Tell them the best event of them all Nik Nak
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #99349

UPDATE
srifenbyxp has made a gracious donation to the competition in the form of more prizes and another event.

Gunz The Spess Duel - MK 3 Code Delta
CONTEST: High Lander (Cursed Swords) + Guns
Respawn: [Revive] Once every 5 minutes [Guns] Once every 10 minutes [Respawns stop at the 30 minute mark]
Winning Condition: Arm the Nuke and let it go boom.
Prize: Any game on steam that’s $20 or less. And a real 3D printed Hybrid taser sizing at a dimensional: 8 ½ Inches Length | 5 Inches Height | 2 ½ Inches Width

Picture of the taser and time coming soon
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #99607

I'm hoping for July 3rd or 5th, I sent Nik Nak a picture of the taser but it's unfinished in regards of sanding, painting and priming. Will post pics either today (sunday) or monday. Just spent 10 hours treading neck beard water at a comic/anime/game convention. Funny thing about those, you see and meet all kinds of people. Stay frosty nerds.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #99978

Writing competition ends this friday with srifen's event and give-away happening either that day or the sunday or monday afterwards. Still waiting on that image too.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #100123

NikNakFlak wrote:Writing competition ends this friday with srifen's event and give-away happening either that day or the sunday or monday afterwards. Still waiting on that image too.
Bought the paint this morning and shit's drying, give it 2 hours and i'll edit my post with the picture.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #100128

Semi-related question, would you take commissions on Spess station stuff like the taser after this is done?
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #100155

Alright so god himself fucked me and It rained all over my shit so right now I'm using the weakest pain thinner I found to unfuck this mess and paint it a darker grey, here's the picture I sent Nik Nak because paint thinner. And thankfully the 3d plaster is some pretty tough shit because the paint thinner not eating away at it. The image is slightly distorted because my phone takes bizarrely huge pictures and I just squshed it into a 1024x1024.
http://i.imgur.com/YCGRq5Q.jpg
(at the moment the gun is no longer that white in most areas)

And no I do sheit for free, unless it's the actual 3D printer you need to google 3d printer <your area code> and hope some one is near by like I was or you have to get that shit shipped. The cheapest I found was .50 cents per cm3 and the gun came out to $125 before taxes and that's just the dam taser. At most I can model what you want and give you the .STL file so you can annoy whoever has a 3D printer so they can start the actual printing process. But for Ha-Has im working on making a C90-Gl at the moment because next convention I plan on cosplaying as a Fluke-Op while sporting dat disk on muh chainz.

BUT BESIDES ALL THAT JAZZ
How's Friday SUNDAY TODAY EST afternoon, let's say 4PM? That way it's pretty much in a time zone where people aren't sleeping and I'd have the time to repaint/ship it to the lucky turd that wins.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #101852

The writing competition is till awaiting a final judges vote, the judge who seemed to have gone MIA.

On a different note.
Srifen's Highlander round was won by Shizcalev!
16:29 ShizCalev(?|F) (usr:Azerthene Severn) || The station self-destruct terminal src=[0x200c41c];timer=1
Congratulations, if you are not already in contact with Srifen, please get in contact so you may receive your steam prize and the taser.

Meanwhile, the popularity contest and the golden ticket event are coming up soon!
Popularity contest ends next friday June 10th. It doesn't matter how active the thread is, we'll give to the player that was voted for the most, that IS NOT A JOKE CANDIDATE
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #101867

Next year around the same time I'll prize off a full size Fluke Ops helmet with an adjustable face mask. Otherwise I did amuse myself during the highlander
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #101868

How do you know if someone's a joke candidate (unless the person voting says 'I am doing this as a joke' which some people have done.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #102061

NikNakFlak wrote: It doesn't matter how active the thread is, we'll give to the player that was voted for the most, that IS NOT A JOKE CANDIDATE

Umm, I'm was 90% sure that thread was a nomination thread, meaning some users aren't voting because they think the vote isn't going on yet.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #102132

Same was true for the headmin elections between HBL and Inti, nominations were counted as votes. Guess I'll make it clear.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #102625

I remember who I wanted to nominate now. Nathan Ward, for saving my ass on more than one occasion, more often than not from the depths of hell.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #103169

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #105142

Voting has closed, upon checking this at this moment, Bryce pax is the winner overall and for sybil with saiga in second place for bagil.
Icepacks will have first choice, followed by tokiko. Alternatively they can request it just be added to the event pot and given away during a random event or do whatever they want with it.
This wasn't the best poll or idea ever but still gotta get rid of them.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #105968

Hotline miami, guns of Icarus, and Goat simulator were claimed.
The remaining three games will be given away on a standard golden ticket event on sybil tomorrow or Wednesday! They aren't that good of games so no times are planned!
It's not over though folks as I heard Peoplearestrange was planning some give-aways too?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #106054

>stanley parable
>portal
>not that good

Excuse me, Nik, but what?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #106208

Most everyone I know owns portal and the Stanley parable is good but you basically play it once for 2-3 hours and it's over forever.
That's why I say that anyway.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #106884

It's all over folks