How to have a Hostage Crisis

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

How to have a Hostage Crisis

Post by Helios » #128841

It's been forever since I've seen a hostage crisis. Despite how easy it is to restrain someone using handcuffs, taking hostages is hard because security will just run in, ignore you killing your hostage, kill you and space you and clone your hostage.
I want some ideas on how to take hostages as a traitor. Has anyone pulled this off? How did they do it?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: How to have a Hostage Crisis

Post by Xhuis » #128843

The best way is to hold the station hostage. Make some very powerful bombs, put them on signallers, and hide them in smugglers' satchels in important locations. Proclaim that you have bombs around the station and unless your demands are met in X amount of time, you will detonate them. People will open lockers and search maintenance, not thinking to look for the satchels since nobody ever does. Just hold the signaller in your hand and make sure that there are cameras pointing at you so the AI can damn well see that you mean business. Keep the last bomb in your backpack so you can't be taken alive, and hook up an emergency signaler to a voice analyzer in case you get taken down. If someone tries to come for you, press the button. If they disobey, press the button. If your demands aren't met, press the fucking button. If you're lucky, your demands will be met. Then revert to your normal identity (you did disguise right?) and play like normal.

Nobody will ever find the bombs, and if you feel like the shift goes on for too long, you always have the button to press...
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #128868

>start typing
>get tasered
>round over
GG
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #128905

Hostage taking requires RP from you, your hostage and any group interested in getting your hostage out alive.

As it stands, nobody on the server will RP, especially if a valid presents themself, and security doesn't give a shit if they kill you AND the hostage, they'll just clone them. Maybe. If you want hostage taking go to Urist or some high rp server.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #128921

Tbh IC wise a hostage situation wouldn't do much good considering there's cloning, unless you had some manner of gibbing the body as well. You could also tie them up in an undisclosed location in maint and send out your demands from there
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #128924

We just need to bring back the ability to plant C4 on people. Barring that, being able to use explosive implants on other people with a code word created by the implanter would be swell, too.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #128949

Danowar wrote:We just need to bring back the ability to plant C4 on people. Barring that, being able to use explosive implants on other people with a code word created by the implanter would be swell, too.
Wouldn't a cavity implant with a remote signaler on the C4 work?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #128979

Nuke ops

Teleport onto the bridge when the captain is there
Bring the nuke
Subvert the AI from the upload
Arm the nuke for two minutes and stick it in the upload with lasers on.
Move the teleport beacon into upload
Close the firedoor to upload
Make your demands as two dozen morons teleport into laser hell, no one can break through and the AI plasmafucks any department giving you trouble.

Even if you die you win because the nuke is a dead man's switch.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Helios

Post by Helios » #129040

Zilenan91 wrote:>start typing
>get tasered
>round over
GG
Which is why you have somewhere you can't get tasered. When I tried I did it in the back left room of mining
Davidchan wrote:Hostage taking requires RP from you, your hostage and any group interested in getting your hostage out alive.

As it stands, nobody on the server will RP, especially if a valid presents themself, and security doesn't give a shit if they kill you AND the hostage, they'll just clone them. Maybe. If you want hostage taking go to Urist or some high rp server.
Which is why a syndicate bomb I think is the best solution for a hostage crisis, if they storm in to rescue the hostage, the hostage gets gibbed, you get gibbed, and the security team likely gets killed
Luke Cox wrote:
Danowar wrote:We just need to bring back the ability to plant C4 on people. Barring that, being able to use explosive implants on other people with a code word created by the implanter would be swell, too.
Wouldn't a cavity implant with a remote signaler on the C4 work?
Does C4 in a cavity implant still gib?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #129046

well most hostage crises in real life also end up in police storming the place and we don't even have cloning in real life

bombs seem the way to go though
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #129052

Davidchan wrote:Hostage taking requires RP from you, your hostage and any group interested in getting your hostage out alive.

I for one keep a list of players likely to RP

also,
>hostages
> not just implanting bombs in people and making them do your bidding
people won't fight it because it gives them free reign to do antag stuff
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129058

Have a bomb on you and be backed up into a corner with the hostage buckled to a chair in front of you to take shots. If someone tries to unbuckle them you blow everyone up.

It's easier to do this on goon because goon has BETTER proximity sensors.
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #129064

We do too baka

Little known fact: They make grenades invisible after they prime on the ground.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #129103

you can make dead man switch bombs/grenades now.

Make the activationmechanism the health sensor thing (hacked autolathe) and it will explode it the person it's on dies.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #129263

imblyings wrote:well most hostage crises in real life also end up in police storming the place and we don't even have cloning in real life

bombs seem the way to go though
yeah but at least the police pretend to care about the hostage's lives first.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #129271

well they do care that's why police usually send in dudes who are way more OP than the bad guys

maybe we should delete cloning for a few rounds and see if things change
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #129278

imblyings wrote:well they do care that's why police usually send in dudes who are way more OP than the bad guys

We'd still be in a setting where you can fix being shot in the head with a bruise pack.
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #129288

I can only delete so many things before roundstart :^(
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #129325

asskek wrote:

irrelevant, it takes one assistant with a toolbox in the right place and your list is fucked
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129327

asskek wrote:

Can you share?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #129331

Kor wrote:
imblyings wrote:well they do care that's why police usually send in dudes who are way more OP than the bad guys

We'd still be in a setting where you can fix being shot in the head with a bruise pack.
That's why you shoot them in the head several times. Three revolver shots to the dome and they're done m8
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #129353

TheNightingale wrote:
asskek wrote:

Can you share?
It's mostly an off the top of my head thing

Ones I can think of immediately:
Smoke Shaw (Now that he's made his return)
Fortune Ray
Emmanuel Abravomich or however you spell it
Phoebe Lotsu
Kor
Whoever plays the IMPERIAL SOLDIER clown
Cadence Meme

Now, to stage a proper hostsge crisis, you also need a good AI. You can get an AI banned for revealing your location, sure, but that's only after they do so. I'm not really acquainted with which AIs are good and which are bad.
Danowar

Post by Danowar » #129362

asskek wrote: Fortune Ray
Are you kidding? I've kidnapped Ray twice and each time she went immediately braindead instead of playing along. She ragequits/suicides like that all the time when things don't go her way.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #129368

Danowar wrote:
Are you kidding? I've kidnapped Ray twice and each time she went immediately braindead instead of playing along. She ragequits/suicides like that all the time when things don't go her way.
wow really? I mean last time I actually interacted with her was a while ago, like before my permaban

so I might be recalling incorrectly

also I tend to find that most of the "quiet" players that just do their jobs complacently tend to RP the best

new players too

new players and randomnamers
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129377

(I'm IMPERIAL SOLDIER (Hail, citizen) and Cadence. My reputation precedes me.)

The trick to forcing a hostage crisis is having a guaranteed way to take your hostage out - a bomb, for example. If you can manage that (and have a hostage people care about), they'll be less likely to take risks and just gun you both down. A syringe gun with perfluorodecalin and neurotoxin still stops a remote signaller or voice analyser, though (so wear something syringeproof if you're worried about that). Once you have a hostage, you can make your demands.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #129380

I guess the health scanner thingy and maxcaps hidden everywhere are the way to go, if you want to do something. Also, this would work only on low-ish pop, since out of 60-something people there is always that one assistant with stunprod and spear ready to kill you. Maybe you could hide a bomb near singularity containment, or place a transmitter on PA wire responsible for level and state. Or relasable xeno pen. Whatever you do, you need to be SURE you have a dead man switch, and maybe demonstrate that you mean buisness by blowing up genetics (since then they will have way harder time of bringing hostages back, unless botany is robust or genetics went into "entire station in one department" phase)
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129382

Steal the cloner boards from Tech Storage and build an autocloner in maintenance. Be swarmed by Assistants, explode and gib them all, then return post-cloning and repeat your demands.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #129387

Speaking of hostages, this would probably be the best if you were a ling. You can transform sting a random dude into your hostage, and then sell them off instead of the real one.

But still, this will never work
>tazed
>ded
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

imblyings

Post by imblyings » #129436

>adrenals
>fleshmend
>armblade
:::^^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Taking a hostage then having a buddy ling replace the hostage and 'accidentally' losing the hostage to sec could be really fun though.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #129489

Last time I tried a bomb hostage situation a validhunter engineer stunproded me, dragged me into main, stripped me, and threw me into space with my last bomb.
The rest were with timers, since I didn't trust the crew to honor my demands, and so they went off.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #129652

capi duffman wrote:Last time I tried a bomb hostage situation a validhunter engineer stunproded me, dragged me into main, stripped me, and threw me into space with my last bomb.
The rest were with timers, since I didn't trust the crew to honor my demands, and so they went off.
See, on Bay or a heavy-RP station that engineer would be in the shit for "YOU CAPTURED THE GUY ALIVE, AND KILLED HIM BEFORE WE COULD INTERROGATE HIM? THOSE BOMBS ARE ON YOU, ASSHOLE" but that's not really such a thing round these parts.
Any threat is met with WAVE UPON WAVE OF OUR OWN MEN rather than people actually, you know, being scared of things that can injure or kill them.
bandit

Post by bandit » #129706

Danowar wrote:
fortune ray here, have you considered the possibility that maybe you are a creepy fuck I don't want to RP with

admin feedback pls
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #129756

fuck I was actually gonna make that point bandit
Danowar

Post by Danowar » #129848

It's funny how you say that about me bandit, when, off the top of my head, you have:

1. Hit on an underage admin (Niknak iirc)
2. Also wrote lizard smut
3. Commissioned me to write about Robustin getting anally raped by a ghost (which you never paid me on)
4. Impersonated different people over pda tcomms to send creepy messages
5. Impersonated Phoebe several times to act like a stuttering slut
6. Demanded Mekhi to "fuck your cunt" over the station radio

But hey, you being the most abrasive person on the server is why I thought you were cool to begin with. I wouldn't have kept writing about you otherwise.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #129862

SHOTS FUCKING FIRED OH SHIIIIT
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129867

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #129870

Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

bandit

Post by bandit » #129901

yeah and if any of this shit genuinely bothers people I stop :honkman:

also

>hitting on niknakflak

admin feedback pls
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #129913

whisper NikNakFlak
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #129915

Grab Two bags of holding + Syndi Rig Suit + Stand = Make Demands.

I did this once and some officer felt like playing the hero so I BOH'd escape. I don't know why people 8edit [Don't] take hostage situations seriously, good way to fuck everything up.

Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #129919

I've hit on niknakflak heaps of times
I use a jug cord so the bruises don't show
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #130011

>Not a bag of oranges

Come on man, you have the namesake and everything
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #130022

A clown this morning played a hostage situation with me.
The captain, who was braindead, disappeared at some point, and the clown, recently imprisoned, demanded to be free in exchange of the captain.
By law1 I complied, only to find out the clown was a man of his word and left the captain in medbay.
That didn't stop his final fate of getting murdered by the HoS, but it was fun.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #130061

Why not cavity implant a bomb into your hostage and/or yourself?
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Helios

Post by Helios » #130070

1g88a wrote:Why not cavity implant a bomb into your hostage and/or yourself?
How will you have the time to cavity implant without sec killing you/the hostage, and freeing the hostage?
asskek
In Game PermaBanned

Post by asskek » #130087

Helios wrote:
How will you have the time to cavity implant without sec killing you/the hostage, and freeing the hostage?
Do it before sparking the crisis.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #139771

asskek wrote:
Helios wrote:
Do it before sparking the crisis.
Good luck with that on hipop.

I like SOME things about 80-90 player rounds, but getting more than 30 seconds alone with someone is at best a coin flip.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139772

October 27th
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #139780

Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #139787

Next time I'm an antag with access to toxins, I promise I'll try this. Smuggler's Satchels with bombs all over the station.