Classic Doom

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Classic Doom

Post by Wyzack » #95030

Anyone /doom/ in here? I got off a couple months hiatus with the release of Brutal Doom v20 and god damn is it awesome.

I figure if there is any interest we could maybe run some co-op and deathmatch events or something

Also doom general, favorite wads, sourceports, maps and whatever else.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Classic Doom

Post by Screemonster » #95736

I've been looking for some free time so I can try this one out:

[youtube]RElfXigIe4c[/youtube]
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #95739

I played an earlier version of Demonsteele when i started frequenting /vroom/ threads. It is great fun, cutting down hordes of weak zombies+imps is really badass
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Absalom
Byond Username: Absalom526

Post by Absalom » #102813

>'classic' doom
>is actually brutal doom

yeah i still play classic dm occasionally with bros. haven't lately though.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #102841

Ah those were the days... Playing DOOM2 over my dads office LAN with a few friends...
Thats when the addiction started...

I kinda only every enjoyed doom multiplayer cause it was fun hunting around for that last missing key with buddies rather feeling alone in a dead empty space once you'd killed everything.
Plus having repsawn on meant it was hilarious when you accidentally lead the cyberdemon back to the spawn area and all had to fight it with your fists. So many corpses...

EDIT:

Holy shit I just realised I would have been about 10 when I played this... what the heck were my parents thinking!?
Luckily I turned out completely normal...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
krige
Byond Username: Krige

Post by krige » #102849

I've been playing doom multi via odamex last summer, I still have it hanging around. It's actually a great game for pure, exhilirating mayhem. It's like sanic with super shotguns.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102865

I realize brutal doom is not OG and pros will snub me for it, but I called it classic doom to set it apart from doom 3 and 4
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #103397

I still have the original doom/doom 1 on an old ass CD in an old ass casing in my room.