Pathologic

Talk about video games here
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Pathologic

Post by callanrockslol » #101965

So everyone's favorite pretentious Russian theater game is getting remade and its looking good so far.

The kickstarter updates are pretty impressive (to the point where I'm pretty sure they aren't actually working on the game and are just talking about working on it) and they post some pretty good concept art.

Anyone else hyped for it?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Pathologic

Post by Ricotez » #101995

maybe if you supplied a link

don't count on the average forumite googling your thread
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #101998

Been looking forward to this for a long time. Their Kickstarter updates are certainly a read.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #102082

http://feverishfeeling.com/en/

Definitely looking foreward to buying it and then about a year of going "I really should get through my backlog and play it"
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #102109

tl;dr it
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #102110

Backed it on KS without knowing too much about it (I can be a bit impulsive sometimes), but it's looking better and better with each email update.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
XSI

Post by XSI » #102301

tedward1337 wrote:tl;dr it
In greentext format
>Arrive in russian soviet era steppe town
>Shit goes crazy
>Symbolism all over the place
>You're the only real doctor there when plague happens
>Other docs are quacks and faith healers, may be actively sabotaging you, may be helping. You've got no idea
>You also have other missions to do like save your carreer
>More symbolism all over
>Also survival as the happy merchants raise their prices tenfold to cash in on mass panic and you can barely even afford a bread

And a whole lot of memorable shit happens that won't make sense to explain either
And as someone who has spend some time studying occultist stuff, all the symbolism and references check out as legitimate, Ice Pick knows their stuff.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #102389

Spoiler:
i hope they still keep the whole fact that the whole town is an ecosystem; the fact it is in symbiosis with the people around it. My interpenetration of the events was that due to the people's exploitation of the land, making it sick, the land fights back, just like a human body would fight back. Self mutilation of a small percentage to save the ecosystem. Catabolysis so to speak. That is why the buildings are rotting, that is why also the quarantines do not work. A parasite cannot quarantine its host, a parasite kills the host due to overpopulation and overexploitation, once the breaking point reaches, once the parasite has become sentient to the fact the host is dying, it is too late. The host is also all powerful as soon as it knows that the parasite is there. The Haruspic does not fix the problem, I find that way to be a sort of paradigm to real life medicine now a days. We focus too much on disguising the symptoms, preventative methods have taken a second seat due to greed. The Bachelor finds the root cause of the problem, he gathers the towns people to bring down the polyhedron, and with it the children replace the adults, they did not care why the town was built and they will probably repeat history. Also the fact that he merely takes out the spike from the Cow's brain, he does not actually fix the infection that is plaguing it. You do not entirely fix an infection by removing the intruding object.
Woah that's a long ass paragraph about a weird occult russian game.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
XSI

Post by XSI » #102397

Spoiler tag well placed, but yes, that is about it

Definitely don't spoil yourself if you don't know it already, it's worth finding out by yourself
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #130466

OFFICIAL RE-RELEASE WITH IN-HOUSE RETRANSLATION AND "HD" GRAPHICS (so probably superficial texture upgrades that look worse than the old ones, but at least you can play it at 1080p without going through the rigmarole of setting up resolution hacks this time) IN TWO HOURS MOTHERFUCKERS

LESS THAN TWO HOURS TO GET 25% OFF, THIS FORUM IS SO SLOW MOST OF THOSE WHO CARE WILL MISS OUT
http://store.steampowered.com/app/384110/

70% OFF ON GOG IF YOU ALREADY OWN IT THERE
http://www.gog.com/game/pathologic_classic_hd

ALSO YOU CAN BUY IT AT THIS FAGGY WEBSITE IF YOU'RE GAY LIKE THAT I GUESS
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/pa ... storefront

ALSO I HOPE TO SHIT THEY FIXED THE COMBAT, THAT SHIT WAS AWFUL
CLUNKY AND REPETITIVE
XSI

Post by XSI » #130480

Shit yes

Full remake soon too
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #130483

I recall playing a bit of this years ago until the bad subtitles turned me away as I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Going to have to pick this back up and try it again, I also helped on the kickstarter so there's that.