Wurm Unlimited: For the Wurm Online players that hate other Wurm Online players

I was thinking about buying this.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Re: Wurm Unlimited

Post by XSI » #139029

I saw it on steam

..Why?
What's the point even. Just play on the PvE server if you dont like people coming over and wrecking your shit

Plus Wurm is pretty outdated
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #139031

So is this like a generic fantasy MMO because I've never heard of it and wurms are dragons
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
XSI

Post by XSI » #139033

It's basically a java-based(I think at least) mmo where you/a group of people build houses by grinding a shitton and then you die to someone else who has spend 6 months grinding their combat skill while you were trying to not starve to death

It's pretty decent if you're in a group and like building shit together
But otherwise it's just outdated
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #139076

It's a really dated MMO with really shitty skill grinding mechanics, crazy build requirements, shitty death mechanics (gotta find your settlement in bumfuck nowhere which takes a few hours of walking usually), structure upkeep and skill rust, I believe.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #139103

Amelius wrote:shitty skill grinding mechanics
skill rust
the unholiest of combinations, why did they think this would be a good idea?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #139104

Ricotez wrote:
Amelius wrote:shitty skill grinding mechanics
skill rust
the unholiest of combinations, why did they think this would be a good idea?
Because grind is good at hiding a lack of content.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #139436

oh shit a wurm thread on the /tg/ forums
none of you know how far back this game goes
none of you know how many people on /v/ actually died because of it
rip imabear
rip santropez
rip doubledigger
i'll never forget you guys i'll keep the trifecta going always
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #139439

did people actually die or did the game just make them realize they were wasting their lives away on the internet so they went outside?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI

Post by XSI » #139468

Oh, I remember /v/ played this shit

They turned a huge area of land into a desert just because they could
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #139677

XSI wrote:I saw it on steam

..Why?
What's the point even. Just play on the PvE server if you dont like people coming over and wrecking your shit

Plus Wurm is pretty outdated
No monthly sub.
Private server owner can set how fast skill gain happens so you don't have to play a second job...
XSI

Post by XSI » #139710

Makes sense

The big issue with these games is always that the grinding takes forever to get anywhere

I can understand if they want a bit of grinding so the long term players can do more than the new ones
But it's basically forcing people to live in shacks for months because they need to grind their masonry skill just to get high enough to make actual walls