Civilization VI

Talk about video games here
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Civilization VI

Post by Ikarrus » #175758

I think it's ugly and their last few games didn't wow me at all.

They're going to have to really convince me it's worth my time before I buy another Civ game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #175760

it looks like a cartoonish civ 5.

buying this near release is probably not the best idea, unless they figured out after civ 5 that you should add in the fun content before releasing it, not releasing it as DLC packs months afterwards
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #175761

The return of Nuclear Warlord Gandhi
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #175770

I've been tricked into buying Civ 5 on release already. I'm just gonna wait for complete edition now.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #175771

It sounds like cities are gonna be Warlock-esque and buildings will be out of the city instead of inside of it
The support unit thing sounds great
They said the exact same thing about diplomacy last game, probably no change, but so long as Gandhi nukes people I'm fine
The research sounds interesting

It's probably gonna be good overall.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #175856

At this point, I'd bet money on them fucking up somehow

But I can't really care enough so I'll just watch with some popcorn
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #175861

Did they actually use lua for Civ V
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175872

I liked civ V but everything about beyond earth screamed casul scum. I wouldn't be surprised if complexity has been downgraded with the art style this time.

It's like they were threatened by the low grade freemium civ clones and decided to... copy their art style in response?
TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #175966

Civ IV will always be the best.
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #175992

I like that they are looking at the multiplayer side of things. Sucks that in Civ V you needed a mod and a ton of inhouse rules to make PvP remotely balanced.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #177932

Honestly they probably would have to sell it @$10 for me to buy it at this point. I've lost all faith in the Civ series.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177951

Announcing 4 dlc packs before its released. HOLY WITHHELD CONTENT BATMAN! Looks like that consultant for EA has been getting around.

Not CIV 4/10
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #178014

Supermichael777 wrote:Announcing 4 dlc packs before its released.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #178142

Is it even a surprise at this point though?
starmute

Post by starmute » #178731

Personally I'm looking forward to this game instead.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354480

[youtube]DALz1F77JwQ[/youtube]
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #178911

I wouldn't count too much on arcen and stars beyond reach at the moment first thing I found out when I googled the game is they are basically haemorrhaging staff and money.

Bit of a shame, real inventive guys unlike say ahem erm you know.
starmute

Post by starmute » #180056

Incomptinence wrote:I wouldn't count too much on arcen and stars beyond reach at the moment first thing I found out when I googled the game is they are basically haemorrhaging staff and money.

Bit of a shame, real inventive guys unlike say ahem erm you know.
I just read about that.

Crap.