Doom 4 return of impse

Talk about video games here
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Doom 4 return of impse

Post by Jacough » #176545

Any of you other faggots playing it? I just beat Argent Energy Tower and so far I'm having a pretty damn good time.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Doom 4 return of impse

Post by Steelpoint » #176554

Surprisingly great game, I finished the game recently but I'm replaying it on a much higher diff.
TankNut
Byond Username: TankNut

Post by TankNut » #176567

Somewhere in the second trip to hell right now, the game is nothing short of amazing.

Multiplayer isn't bad either, the customization is great fun.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #176569

Waiting for it to download.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #176573

This one looks amazing why can't all FPSes be DOOM again
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #176576

Is it the logical progression to pure blackness from Doom 3?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TankNut

Post by TankNut » #176598

Just finished the single player on Hurt Me Plenty, final boss is good and the ending makes me exited for a sequel. Definitely going to replay it on Nightmare.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #176601

Nightmare is bonkers, most attacks can rip half your health off. It really punishes bad play.

I also like how the game has some indepth Lore in the background via the codexes and similar.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #176628

Does nightmare still have monster revive? That is the only thing I hated about nightmare on old doom
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #176633

Wyzack wrote:Does nightmare still have monster revive? That is the only thing I hated about nightmare on old doom
No, enemies just deal a lot more damage. A hit from a Imp's fireball can take about 50hp off, give or take.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #176721

Make Mars great again!
Make Hell great again!

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #176934

Do nightmare monsters also have bloated health pools? Probably my favorite way to play classic doom these days is Brutal Doom on realism difficulty. You die in 1-2 hits from almost anything but monsters also take less punishment. Obviously bruiser types like hell knights and cyberdemons can take a bunch of rockets to the face and keep on trucking but shotgun to the dome is a good strategy for most monsters and does not take a billion rounds. I would love to be able to play like this in newdoom
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
TankNut

Post by TankNut » #177466

From the looks of it you just take a lot more damage in nightmare. At least I haven't run into any occasions where an enemy tanked more than it should be capable of tanking.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #177546

That's how Killing Floor 2 balanced it to some degree. Enemies tanking more damage just makes the combat less satisfying, and in a game like those that's all there is to the game, so they made the enemies kill you faster.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #177600

From my experience Nightmare simply makes enemies deal significantly more damage per attack, they don't seem to gain a health/defense boost.

Ultra-Nightmare is the same but if you die your save is deleted.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #177653

Steelpoint wrote:From my experience Nightmare simply makes enemies deal significantly more damage per attack, they don't seem to gain a health/defense boost.

Ultra-Nightmare is the same but if you die your save is deleted.
Sounds like the time to make backups.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #177669

Wyzack wrote:Do nightmare monsters also have bloated health pools? Probably my favorite way to play classic doom these days is Brutal Doom on realism difficulty. You die in 1-2 hits from almost anything but monsters also take less punishment. Obviously bruiser types like hell knights and cyberdemons can take a bunch of rockets to the face and keep on trucking but shotgun to the dome is a good strategy for most monsters and does not take a billion rounds. I would love to be able to play like this in newdoom
> Brutal Doom
Hate that shit. Then again I generally hate the Zdoom community as a whole since a huge portion of it consists of elitist faggots and furries. Plus the modder who makes Brutal Doom is even more of a narcissistic douche than the guy who made Knee Deep in Zdoom. I do play with Roguelike Arsenal from time to time though.

As for Doom 4, nah the enemies aren't bullet sponges. The pinky demon and mancubus can be kind of a bitch though if you don't know to
Spoiler:
shoot the pinky's exposed backside instead of its armored front side and the mancubus in its exposed belly
It also helps to use the weapons' unlockable secondary fire modes too.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #177705

So is the SP good?
Because the MP played like edgy Halo and was shit.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #177706

I've found it to be really good.

The game gets you up and shooting things within ten seconds of the game starting, and there's minimal expository dialogue sequences that take you away from killing Demons. In the entire 10 to 12 hour campaign there were about four expository sequences off the top of my head that took longer than ten seconds to resolve.

The levels are also all well designed, with most of them offering the player a semi-open environment to explore and find secrets.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #177728

Jacough wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Do nightmare monsters also have bloated health pools? Probably my favorite way to play classic doom these days is Brutal Doom on realism difficulty. You die in 1-2 hits from almost anything but monsters also take less punishment. Obviously bruiser types like hell knights and cyberdemons can take a bunch of rockets to the face and keep on trucking but shotgun to the dome is a good strategy for most monsters and does not take a billion rounds. I would love to be able to play like this in newdoom
> Brutal Doom
Hate that shit. Then again I generally hate the Zdoom community as a whole since a huge portion of it consists of elitist faggots and furries. Plus the modder who makes Brutal Doom is even more of a narcissistic douche than the guy who made Knee Deep in Zdoom. I do play with Roguelike Arsenal from time to time though.

As for Doom 4, nah the enemies aren't bullet sponges. The pinky demon and mancubus can be kind of a bitch though if you don't know to
Spoiler:
shoot the pinky's exposed backside instead of its armored front side and the mancubus in its exposed belly
It also helps to use the weapons' unlockable secondary fire modes too.

>Interacting with the community at all

lolno. I dont care how douchey he is, i just want to play video games without a mountain of fucking drama and it sure as hell is not gonna happen here in SS13
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #177734

Wyzack wrote: I just want to play video games without a mountain of fucking drama and it sure as hell is not gonna happen here in SS13
WHEEEE WHOOOOO WHEEEE WHOOO

Looks like you haven't been taking your coder pills citizen
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #177762

Truthfully I've never understood how people can enjoy doom.

But hey to each their own.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #177763

Because you get to shoot things and then shoot them some more until their explode into chunky bits
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #177823

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #177824

I believe the original caption to that photo is

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #181367

I do feel like I can understand why some folks might not like Doom's multiplayer that much... but it has that fast paced explosive fuck you multiplayer action that I've been missing awhile(And Unreal Tournament 4 is still too alpha to properly deliver). Admittedly Overwatch does give some of that too, but this is more visceral.

The loadout thing in the Team-based games is a little annoying, but i like always having a hellshot and rocket launcher.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
TankNut

Post by TankNut » #186356

The devs released/are releasing a small update, including a 'classic' viewmodel option where your weapon is centered, a photo mode, updates to snapmap, multiplayer balancing and the multiplayer lobby timer has been reduced.

Fighting the chaingun is actually bearable now.

They've also released a bloody demo
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #194202

Bought during sale. Is goode.

Imps sneaking up behind me and taking out a massive chunk oh health is amusing gotta watch my back.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196211

Completed campaign on ultra violence. Felt like a complete monster by the end of it.

Good, very good.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #196574

What a wild ride that this game was. Thoroughly enjoyed myself the entire way (Except when I'm OCDing over those secret levers)

Rich Get Richer + Mounted Turret Chaingun became my weapon of choice towards the end of the game. Non-stop minigun action never got old, and dealt with pretty much everyone very quickly, even the bosses.

The classic levels suck dong, though. I need to try multiplayer soon.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #199764

id released a massive update yesterday. By massive I mean 12 GB. I guess it finally adds a hell theme to snap map