Can we have our own Mush casting?

Post by Bluespace » #47053

They have one, why can't we?
I play Boris Pepper.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Re: Can we have our own Mush casting?

Post by fleure » #47054

I don't think I really understand what I am looking at here.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #47056

Its essentially a browserbased game about Changelings. Its not bad, but its got pay2win mechanics in it as well as the fact that is encourages people to, in our terms, powergame to the maximum.

Last time I played it, admittedly this was near the start of the year, people were highly suspicious of anything (I was a changeling/mush) and as soon as I got dirty (In order to do anything as a mush/ling you get dirty as a result) I got rushed and killed by the entire crew.

The game might be better when everyone is roleplaying, but otherwise it was frustrating for me to play.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47059

As far as I have seen it is a horribly slow-paced turn-based game that takes weeks to complete. I like the concept though, I think it would be great to see a Mush game run on SS13.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #47063

>not trying to get the all-human crew Eden endgame

0/10
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #47076

Oh, I remember this thing

A single ship/round can last up to a month
And metagaming+powergaming is encouraged

It's vaguely amusing at least, so long as people at least try to roleplay a bit
Would be up for trying it with you guys

16 people needed for a ship
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #47077

Yeah, its not bad but it kinda requires some amount of roleplay otherwise its just a powergame/metagame fest which gets very boring.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #47097

I didn't have a clue what I was doing last time I tried but it was pretty fun; being able to pick a party to play with would've improved the experience and I presume that's what this is?
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #47153

Yes, a 'casting' is their way of saying it's a pre-determined group
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #47170

I'd be up for this, though I still have no idea how casting works. Haven't logged in in forever.

Too bad Mush is going to disappear already in its second season. Don't think we ever got Chao/that biologist chick back, either.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #47171

ExplosiveCrate wrote:I'd be up for this, though I still have no idea how casting works. Haven't logged in in forever.

Too bad Mush is going to disappear already in its second season. Don't think we ever got Chao/that biologist chick back, either.
actually it's just a chance that you either get Chao/Finola or Derek/Andie for the crew roster
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #47179

Oh, that's good. Last time I played was when Derek/Andie were forced into every crew.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47244

I'm currently on a ship (just cleared the rest of the mush on the ship and we're into day 9.) Its pretty enjoyable and the simulated real-time/turnbased thing is pretty novel. I've also been looking at it for ideas on how to make changelings in SS13 more interesting and less like "organic traitors." If and when this ship ends I'd be more than happy to sych join a ship or join a casting with some of you though.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47249

Steelpoint wrote:Its essentially a browserbased game about Changelings. Its not bad, but its got pay2win mechanics in it as well as the fact that is encourages people to, in our terms, powergame to the maximum.

Last time I played it, admittedly this was near the start of the year, people were highly suspicious of anything (I was a changeling/mush) and as soon as I got dirty (In order to do anything as a mush/ling you get dirty as a result) I got rushed and killed by the entire crew.

The game might be better when everyone is roleplaying, but otherwise it was frustrating for me to play.
That mush get dirty is public knowledge. Its intended that way so the crew has some way of detecting mush doing mushy things without having mycoalarms/cameras everywhere. There's a million non-mush things that make you dirty as well so cover stories are pretty easy to forge and later level mush get access to powers that make it even easier to ruse the crew. One crew member on my current ship thought I was a mush because I got some poor planet scan luck and he did the math to count up how many AP he thought I should have had to spend to do what I did. I wasn't mush and he ended up with egg on his face. Tangential but it does go to show that metagaming does have its limits and castings can set their own rules about acceptable levels of metagaming. Ordinary methods of mush detection are generally fine but I'd go a bit beyond the game rules to enforce things like no sending screenshots to prove you aren't mush etc. (it boggles me a bit that this is somehow allowed via the rules.)
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #47256

I would really not mind playing some tense changeling rounds with players that are precasted on a private server or smoething even though this isn't what OP was talking about

That's a lot of players to fill most of the job slots, I mean naturally you don't need all 3 miners but it would be fun as long as the sec players weren't mega powergame 'i'm cold burn the last person who walked near me' typa shit

Mush is also cool
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47303

Violaceus wrote:Would like to play.

I played this some months ago, dropped it because premium players have 4 slots for skills, f2p nubs just one.
Its a co-op game anyway. Having 4 skills really doesn't make you any more robust than a guy with one skill. Hell, I've given players "gold days" just so they could help out a little more with some project or whatever the ship needed. Its really not that terrible. A single pay gets you "silver" for life anyway and two skills is more than enough in most cases. That's before magebook skills and the like. The only role that really benefits from having 4 slots is the mush itself but that's mostly because they have so many skills to pick through and choosing just one of those on a dynamic or active ship can be a pain. Hardly p2w
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #47334

the hell is the game even called? Is mush the actual name of the game?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #47342

Yes.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47390

srifenbyxp wrote:the hell is the game even called? Is mush the actual name of the game?
The idea being that the changeling variation here is actually a fungus that takes over its host's body.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #47471

How do I get to it/play?
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #47485

Cipher3 wrote:How do I get to it/play?
mush.twinoid.com for the main game.
You'll need a twinoid account to play the casting.
I play Boris Pepper.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #48255

I only played this once.

We'd killed all the mush off on like day 3.

We ended up having people dieing from depression, my own character going down with manic depression in the last week, survived but scarred forever.
The chef died near the end, so the only thing the crew could do to stop slitting their wrists was the engage in meaningless sex.

So, basically the average ss13 extended round - except it lasts a month.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #48272

Sure. I've had an account for awhile
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #48307

Malkevin wrote:I only played this once.

We'd killed all the mush off on like day 3.

We ended up having people dieing from depression, my own character going down with manic depression in the last week, survived but scarred forever.
The chef died near the end, so the only thing the crew could do to stop slitting their wrists was the engage in meaningless sex.

So, basically the average ss13 extended round - except it lasts a month.
Bananas are the key to happiness.
ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #48418

No bananas = no life

I felt that sometimes I needed to be Ian or else whoever chose to be Ian was going to go missing some time around day 3. Also because Ian has the better excuses to be dirty, especially if I can spare some credits to buy ladybugs. Should still have some left over, actually.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #48425

ExplosiveCrate wrote:No bananas = no life

I felt that sometimes I needed to be Ian or else whoever chose to be Ian was going to go missing some time around day 3. Also because Ian has the better excuses to be dirty, especially if I can spare some credits to buy ladybugs. Should still have some left over, actually.
This ship (now day 14) has the first active non-griffon Ian I've ever had on a ship. We have 14 new Bumpjunkins every daychange. For a ship with 11 people and only about 4 of those with jobs that require tons of AP, its heaven.