Crusader Kings II (Gay son simulator)

Talk about video games here
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Crusader Kings II (Gay son simulator)

Post by Pybro » #5841

Sup. This thread is for the discussion of CKII, EUIV/EUIII, or any other Paradox games.

Pic related: Muh empire in CKII. The Empire of Prydain.
Spoiler:
Ye olde story of the Empire of Prydain
Spoiler:
>Start as county of Dyfed
>Die in battle against vikings, leaving my only daughter as Duchess of Deheubarth and Gwynedd.
>Switch succession to Absolute Cognatic and Ultimogeniture
>Claw my way up, form kingdom of Wales
>Take over southern Scotland/North England
>Then most of England, then Ireland, then Scotland, kicking out the Scandi's as I go, until I form Prydain
>Somewhere around 900, the entire fucking Karling dynasty converts to the Ibadi Muslim heresy.
>Use this as my chance to get off the Isles, declaring holy war for Brittany
>Pope calls a crusade for West Francia, to give it to the only remaining Christian Karling.
>fuck that, kill her off, then go about crusading
>It gets given to some random chick
>she tries to assassinate my king
>Countess Costanza, some random countess going full North Korea mode, being Countess of EVERY county in West Francia
>Her bungled assassination attempt must have been a socially awkward way of getting my attention
>Marry her, our child inherits all of Prydain and ALL of fucking Francia
>After fixing the Francia situation when my mom dies, I give land to every damn Dyfed member I can find, from the chamber pot cleaners to the bumfuck courtiers
>Pope calls crusade for Germany, take Germany, same situation in Italy, Sicily, and Bavaria over the next three generations
>Emperor Myrphyn, the holy, a violent schizophrenic, declares his brother an anti-pope after reigning Pope in Rome refused to accept Myrphyn's declaration that he was the reincarnation of Jesus. Said declaration was made in Saint Peter's Basicilia during a pilgrimage.
>Myrphyn is also noted for having shot and killed one of his daughters with a bow and arrow, randomly picking of people from the tallest tower in the castle
>Given that the Empire of Prydain is the largest military force in the world at this period, Rome gets its shit kicked in, and Myrphyn's brother is made Pope
>Sometime after the conquest of Francia, but before the Pope thing, I take Jerusalem from the Abassid's
>Rename it, and the duchy of Galilee, to a proper Welsh name. Iddwyrrlam, and Gylylyy, respectively. Having taken enough land (51% of the de jure land) to from the Kingdom of Iddwyrrlam, I do so.
>Abassid's are not happy about this, and declare Jihad to take it back
>I lose Jerusalem, briefly
>Pope calls a crusade to get Jerusalem back to me
>We take it back, and I get 100% of Jerusalem, not just my 51%!
>Ilkhanate and Golden Horde appear around their usual times, like I give a fuck
>Conquer Hispania and Scandinavia
>Ilkhanate swallowed up the Golden Horde, and then converted to Catholicism.
>Whatever.
>Empress (Mother of the Swarthy half-greek you see in the screenshot) kills the Byzantine emperor's current wife, then marries him
>MATRILINEARILY
>THEY ACTUALLY ACCEPTED
>The child that will be king is cruel and cynical, but he's born in the purple
>Once mom and dad kick the bucket, I destroy the title of Byzantine Empire
>Byzaboo's mad
>Currently trying to bring Ruthenia, Lithuania, and the Ilkhanate into the fold via clever marriages.
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Re: Crusader Kings II (Gay son simulator)

Post by Void Slayer » #5881

How do you have that broken up? Kings or Dukes?

My Tyrannical female blind Jewish (kin(own son)slayer) Grand duchess is having some holy war problems, should I just start banishing my vassals till I have enough gold to take back my titles?
Pybro

Post by Pybro » #5897

Void Slayer wrote:How do you have that broken up? Kings or Dukes?

My Tyrannical female blind Jewish (kin(own son)slayer) Grand duchess is having some holy war problems, should I just start banishing my vassals till I have enough gold to take back my titles?
It's broken up by kingdom, and then duchy if there are no available kingdoms (IE, I don't have enough of Arabia Ato form the kingdom of Arabia yet). I've been running at Low Crown Authority (medium is too much of a hassle), so as you can see, only Wales (All of which is always held by the emperor/empress himself/herself), Ireland, Andalusia, Bohemia, Greece, and Anatolia have their shit together as far as not being a total clusterfuck of borders and lieges.

As for your problem, if you're a Jew, can you still banish the Jews? It'd be a pretty hilarious way to net a good 300 gold.
Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #6014

Sure you can banish Jews. and Christians and Pagans. And that one other guy who had a lot of gold. I banished everybody!

It's kinda cheaty I guess, but that damn byzantine empire hasn't crumbled yet and I am playing Kazar so what am I suppose to do?

In case your wondering the infanticide was because my character had a lover and he ended up my lover's bloodline not my own.

Being female sucks.

Anyway I raise an army of 15000 horse archers and gave that adventurer the what for.

She finally died at the age of 58 though, living 42 years blind.

As for your independent dutchy problem, you can transfer the ducal vassal to a kingdom or a titular kingdom if you don't want them to be direct. Titular titles, like Cyprus, are really useful with this to make your own weird, broken up kingdoms.

I played a high crown authority blob albian empire. I made an alliance with the Byzantines also, but it was early on and they helped me conquer England. Seeing the byzantine doom stack arrive in wales was.. odd. I kept marrying in to every generation of the byzantine rulers but never took the title.

The advantage of high crown authority is that titles could never pass out of the empire, the disadvantage is you get a rebellion. every. single. last. generation.

Then again, if a king revolts and you win you get to seize his title and give it to one of your supporters for free.
Pybro

Post by Pybro » #6161

no no, I meant, the intrigue event "Expel the Jews". You borrow the 300 gold from them, then expel them. Can you still do that if your ruler is Jewish?
Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #6247

No, but you get passover.

50 gold for 100 prestige and 100 piety every 4 years.

You also get ridiculously low moral authority and everyone hates you. And any other Jews are guaranteed to be out of diplomatic range.

Honestly though the passover event is so weak, like nothing fires for it. It is a more boring feast.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #6328

You call that an empire son? Git GUD.

Territorial
Spoiler:
Religious
Spoiler:
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #6336

What happened to your The Fun Ends Here empire?

Also how do you rename your country?
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #6379

Passover + normal feasting means any Jewish vassals are ridiculously content. That is all it reliably does actually.
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #6456

Neerti wrote:What happened to your The Fun Ends Here empire?

Also how do you rename your country?
1. renamed
2. customizer DLC, click on the title's icon that you wish to rename

and fittingly:
[youtube]hhDtlDn9tE4[/youtube]
Pybro

Post by Pybro » #6601

>having other nations own territory INSIDE your borders
No
Please
My autism can't handle this
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #6605

Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #6651

Pybro wrote:>having other nations own territory INSIDE your borders
No
Please
My autism can't handle this
The republics are coming for you, they will steal your cities.