Post by Super Aggro Crag » #202162

Bottom post of the previous page:

More like goodbye games.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by Timbrewolf » #202175

Super Aggro Crag wrote:More like goodbye games.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #202181

Too bad there is basically 0 consumer protection in the games industry and these guys are going to still walk away filthy rich.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #202182

I hope their publisher screws em out of every shekel.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #202191

Well, two more days until we learn whether the developers lied or not about multiplayer
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202202

It's already out on PS4 though so.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #202218

Jacough wrote:Well, two more days until we learn whether the developers lied or not about multiplayer
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #202219

I don't know why there is still confusion over this. I'd trust the official box art/store pages over him mumbling "yeah" and looking away when he's asked if it's an MMO, because putting false information on the boxes is something they might actually get a lawsuit for.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #202220

Kor wrote:I don't know why there is still confusion over this. I'd trust the official box art/store pages over him mumbling "yeah" and looking away when he's asked if it's an MMO, because putting false information on the boxes is something they might actually get a lawsuit for.
Denial.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #202223

It's literally said this shit in every storage page since it went up for pre-order five months ago on March 3rd.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160303163 ... pp/275850/
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #202224

No one checks for that. They heard interviews where they talk about multiplayer and they assumed multiplayer. Then other people go and make shit up based on assumptions from their cagey vague bullshit. I used to have some of my buddies tell me it would be an actual MMO like EVE when the first few trailers were shown.

It's the advertising version of a game of telephone and despite how horrifying that sounds, it worked better than they could have ever hoped.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #202225

Well it's been 11 years since the spore GDC trailer and 12 years since Fable was released so I guess it's time to learn this harsh lesson about THE BEST GAME IN HISTORY INFINITE CONTENT again.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #202226

Kor wrote:Well it's been 11 years since the spore GDC trailer and 12 years since Fable was released so I guess it's time to learn this harsh lesson about THE BEST GAME IN HISTORY INFINITE CONTENT again.
I guess with how stagnant the industry is getting it's just desperate hope at this point that something unique and ambitious manages to actually pull through and end up decent, even though it never seems to happen.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #202241

Kor wrote:
Jacough wrote:Well, two more days until we learn whether the developers lied or not about multiplayer

Funny bit, see the back of the box, to the right of the 1player hieroglyph, there is a rating 7 hieroglyph, see how to it's left it looks like it's peeling up, like its a sticker. ya, that's covering the online support hieroglyph.

http://i.imgur.com/iJ8gonW.jpg proof.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #202254

An0n3 wrote:Please give me one source of the devs saying there would be no multiplayer at launch.

Give me one source.
If I read it somewhere it would've been linked in this thread
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.ph ... msg5923588

Be my guest to read through it
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #202261

I don't want to start a conspiracy but the guy holding the disc in their release shot looks quite similar to Anon3
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg:large

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202262

MrStonedOne wrote:snip
It's the fact that even now they won't give a hard yes or no on multiplayer to bait in sales.

[youtube]AE0nuW-mQ8A[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #202267

Drpillz post your deaththreats that were sent over leddit
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202271

TheColdTurtle wrote:Drpillz post your deaththreats that were sent over leddit
It's mostly nonsense but some of them are funny.

http://imgur.com/a/omZTS

a correct post by pillz
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #202275

>just one pm
fuck u go die ill chop ur head off bitch how u like that??

Pretty sure that is ironic tho
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202276

It's all spread out in my spammed inbox of messages basically all saying "thanks, cancelling my preorder too".

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202328

Well this has been a fun trainwreck to watch
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #202371

Nu Male's Lie
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #202422

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #202425

Its called no mans sky cuz you can't find any mans in the game world
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #202460

I'm going get absolutely wasted as i play this this weekend.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #202501

If you fags are willing to put up with shitty graphics anyway (because ss13) just play Noctis.

Its like a crowdfunding game that never came outs demo except that no wallets were harmed. No mans sky is like a direct rip of the concept.

FEATURES:
  • FREE!
  • ONE AMAZING RESOURCE
  • AMAZING 16 BIT ASSEMBLY CODE GRAPHICS
  • YOUR OWN SPACE SHIP
  • 90,000 CUBIC LIGHT-YEARS OF MOSTLY EMPTY SPACE
  • YOUR A CAT FOR SOME REASON
  • NO BULLSHIT COMBAT
  • REALISTIC AAA RESCUE SERVICE
  • A UNIVERSAL ATLAS OF DISCOVERED STARS
  • IT DOWNLOADS FASTER THEN MOST WEB PAGES
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #202608

Supermichael777 wrote:If you fags are willing to put up with shitty graphics anyway (because ss13) just play Noctis.

Its like a crowdfunding game that never came outs demo except that no wallets were harmed. No mans sky is like a direct rip of the concept.

FEATURES:
  • FREE!
  • ONE AMAZING RESOURCE
  • AMAZING 16 BIT ASSEMBLY CODE GRAPHICS
  • YOUR OWN SPACE SHIP
  • 90,000 CUBIC LIGHT-YEARS OF MOSTLY EMPTY SPACE
  • YOUR A CAT FOR SOME REASON
  • NO BULLSHIT COMBAT
  • REALISTIC AAA RESCUE SERVICE
  • A UNIVERSAL ATLAS OF DISCOVERED STARS
  • IT DOWNLOADS FASTER THEN MOST WEB PAGES
>an unfinished crowdfunding game demo is better in every way

l a u g h i n g

i'll give it a shot
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #202616

Its not a demo its a 2001 game its sequal/update/modernization got put out to pasture in 2011 because feature creep and the Dev getting a real job. its essentially no mans sky if you took the paper thin survival/shooter out.
if we ever feel like digging through 22000 lines of oldcode we could modernize it. unfortunatly the licesnse is a bit restrictive(must be pure dorah da explorah wander around and stare at rocks sim)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #202644

no mans sky got an advertisement poll on strawpoll (http://www.strawpoll.me/10960385) and the "not interested" option is winning by about 5k votes
made me laugh
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #202745

According to critics, its just a grindy 'Spore' clone without any fixture on evolution stuck in the 'Space age' pernamently. Enemies are too hard and you live literally to grind rocks and buy better ships. Makes it sound like a flash game almost.

To be honest im not even interested in gameplay, and more interested in the procedural generation. Though some of the artistic design options are terrestrial and boring (that the 154th creature i've seen with a moose head etc).

Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202753

>Spore clone

I am having flashbacks boys
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202764

Spore had a massive flame wars on its official forum after the game released, by people who were disappointed and angry with how shallow the game was.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #202767

Even the terrain generation rarely makes something more interesting than some rocky, barren hills. This was supposedly by fucking design because I remember them going on in interviews about how actual full living planets will be really rare.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #202771

Wyzack wrote:>Spore clone

I am having flashbacks boys
Spore GDC 2005 (NEVER 4GET)

Watching it back, the vision for it completely trumps almost ANY game around today (I owned a copy of spore personally) and whoah, id replay this just a a demo. EA rushed them and the 'Cutesy child friendly' camp won the design leading to the notable but steaming pile of DRM crap we have today (for instance only being able to install it 3 times max to maximise re-sales).

I am under the assumption that nearly all games and films of this current time is at some kind of creative block compared to years ago due to saturation, it makes me feel ill. Not even computers can upgrade, we're stuck in a tech/art dark-ages of the 21st century.

Back to talk to No-man sky, if they pulled a fast one for a money grab they should be ashamed of themselves. I sincerely hope THRIVE turns out be more truthful, despite the open sourced nature of it. And that more lenient critics and player can pick out helpful suggestive feedback points for the devs to patch.

Spoiler:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #202779

The moment I heard the words "procedural-driven" I stood as far away as possible from this game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #202780

I was all excited for this game now i'm probably not going to get it, atleast not until it's on sale. now i have nothing to play.
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #202795

I assume you spacemens already know it but if it's procedural wonder you seek, just install Space Engine, latest update was released a couple weeks ago and it's amazing, black holes now have accretion disks, shows chemical composition of atmospheres, realistic alcubierre drives and more shit. Yes it has spaceships and of course it's free
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202806

PC has a silky smooth 30 fps lock lmao and it still looks like shit

a correct post by pillz
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #202811

DrPillzRedux wrote:PC has a silky smooth 30 fps lock lmao and it still looks like shit
There's no fps lock
Lzimann's best friend.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202818

IrishWristWatch0 wrote:
DrPillzRedux wrote:PC has a silky smooth 30 fps lock lmao and it still looks like shit
There's no fps lock
There is, you can disable it in the options menu but it's not obvious and doesn't work like most of the other options right now. Even TB on his stream can't get it to work.

People mass refunding because it runs like shit even with 980's.

Steam reviews nuked down to 60% already.

Edit: 48% holy shit

a correct post by pillz
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #202828

DrPillzRedux wrote: Steam reviews nuked down to 60% already.

Edit: 48% holy shit
36% now. The space dream is dead!

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!

Star Citizen might save us, but I'll be deaaaad when that releases.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #202830

This is on a GTX 1080. This is N64 tier shit. It looks even worse on PC because the short view distance the PS4 version has that hides how ugly it is isn't as restricted on PC.

http://imgur.com/a/tZx1d

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #202835

O I am laffin'

NO MAN'S BUY

OH ALSO

https://twitter.com/gibbed/status/763323940416679936

Hilarious, they didn't even solve something relatively simple like this by just not letting you go that far out
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #202844

Its trash dont buy it. I expect Peter Molyneux to jump out of a box and say GOTCHA AGAIN BOYYYYYYS

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #202848

ONE MORE THING

They seem to have left PS4 specific files in the PC release

PS4 emulation soon
Oh god this is hilarious help I'm in tears
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #202852

I just wanted a nice dope looking space exploration game that had some cool combat and dope ships. I am disappointed. Good thing i didn't preorder
Lzimann's best friend.
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #202853

Spoiler:
I to remember Freddie Fish

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202859

29% positive reviews aw lawd the skytanic is sinking abandon ship. Went in to the discussion area and there was some pathetic fanboy post about how THE GAME WILL DO GREAT ON STEAM ALL THE PPL WHO CAARED ABOUT MULTIPLAY CANCELLED THEIR PREORDERS SO IT WILL DO GOOD LMAO AT THE TEARS OF BITTER TROLLS and now that the game is tanking the thread has become 23 pages of mercilessly mocking him
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #202861

DrPillzRedux wrote:This is on a GTX 1080. This is N64 tier shit. It looks even worse on PC because the short view distance the PS4 version has that hides how ugly it is isn't as restricted on PC.

http://imgur.com/a/tZx1d

Hahah he got conned into buying 1080! Meanwhile my 660 is giving me the same 24 frames cinematic experience!
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #202862

hey man 1080's a really good card dont be mad because youre a poorfag
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: