gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Human Fortress 13, Masterwork edition

Post by Timbrewolf » #109446

I look forward to punching some elves in their stupid faces in the inevitable police action that occurs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #109464

AI shitcurity griffing elves
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109889

As the diplomat leaves town we get more migrants, bumping our population to 101. Everyone is either designated as a musketman or a potential squire.

Construction has begun on our church, and two altars are set up. One to Daze Boltedpursuer, and the other to Bolli, who is a godess of fertility and birth. I desgnated a priest and she has been bust burning dead tigerpeople as sacrifice to the gods
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #109891

ERP fortress is a-go!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109904

Meanwhile in Deon's Tavern, Azari and the squires play their latest Deathmetal Folk jam, "Cleave and Smite." All listeners get riled up and ready for a fight, even though there are no enemies around. At least the buff lasts for a few weeks.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #109905

And Mister Doc has become the latest paladin to gain her stripes. Our military is going to be insanely robust when it is 30 battle hardened paladins supported by muskets and cannons
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #110014

If theirs a chance that anymore people get added I'll throw myself into the rabble!

Been good reading the (mis)adventures of your team.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110045

We have so many humans that even if every active forum user wanted one we would probably not run out. Although i would run out of interesting roles.

As is, PAS is now the tavernkeeper! Their quarters and brewery are being added on to the back of the tavern.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110048

It is late summer now, the oppressive swamp heat beginning to wane slightly at the approaching milder autumn. The welcome sight of wagons dot the horizon, the yearly caravan from the capital approaching. Familiar faces ride atop wagons and pack animals laden with trade goods. A large amount of our finest prepared meals are hauled in for trade, and all seems well. Suddenly a sound is heard in the distance, quiet at first, but growing in intensity until it is nearly deafening. The sound of war drums, hammering in marching rhythm.

The armies of the white tigermen have returned, and this time it is for keeps. Dem Demlekem, their tribe's war leader heads the offensive, his squadron right near our front gates. Some of the caravaners and guards are still outside the walls heading in, and stand little chance. Our soliders brace themselves for the coming battle, it will be one for the ages.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110050

The precence of the general seems to lend them more tactical prowess than seen previously. He bides his time the regroup his forces, rather than rushing madly to meet us. On of his other squads makes the mistake of walking within range of our guardtower. Robert Cop shouts commands loud and clear, and volley after volley of concentrated fire rains down on the tigerfolk. The ones caught in cage traps are the lucky ones, their comrades torn apart in a hail of bullets, bleeding out on the ground or falling in the moat and drowning.

Down below a wagon that fell behind attempts to make it behind the walls, but is set upon by a mob of the beasts, its driver and his bodyguard torn apart with animal ferocity mere meters from safety

((will continue later, need to go for a bit))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110054

((okay maybe one more))

http://i.imgur.com/LBk8AVy.png

Another wagon races across the bridge, a unit of tigermen hot on its heels. The caravan guards rush forward to attack. Not one to watch her fellow man be killed, Galvatron shouts a battlecry and the soldiers of Souldefences rush forward in to the fray
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110056

The carnage is instant. Galvatron is an engine of death, her mighty sword bisecting many foes. Anon3 prefers to disable his opponents, smashing apart limbs and skulls and leaving his foes broken. One of our squires has his head LITERALLY ripped off by a tigerman. Septavius and Giest finally see actual combat, slashing their foes to pieces. Caravan guards and tigermen alike are knocked from the bridge only to drown in the moat, and still more enemy forces march towards us.

((okay now i really do need to go))
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #110060

Wyzack wrote: Anon3 prefers to disable his opponents, smashing apart limbs and skulls and leaving his foes broken.
The basics of CQC.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110111

Septavuis slices off a tigerman's arm before stabbing it right in the guts. Geist Dangerous caves in one of their foul heads with the business end of his steel shield. Tornadium smashed one of them IN THE GODDAMN EYE with his morningstar, and the beast bleeds to death moments later. The second wave of them charges across the bridge, lead by the hulking form of their war leader. Galvatron, Champion of Souldefences faces down the beast. Seven feet tall and rippling with muscles under his white and black striped fur, Dem roars an inhuman challenge. He closes the gap with inhuman speed, faster than even she can raise her mighty blade. Instead, she punches the beast right in the snout. Startled more than injured, Dem staggers back on his off foot, his momentum stunted. Galvatron capitalizes on this by chopping both of his goddamn arms off.

http://i.imgur.com/vJQ4gKL.png

Dem slumped to the surface of the bridge, quickly bleeding out from his missing limbs. The rest of the creatures are swept off the bridge. Our forces sweep forward across the bridge, making short work of the tigermen that lay wounded around from the concentrated musketfire from above.

Our forces fall back across the bridge along with the remainder of the merchant guard. Two of our number have fallen, and two more have suffered substantial injuries. Only one squad of tigermen soldiers remain, and they are advancing on our position

http://i.imgur.com/xNfbvqI.png
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #110113

fuck man lol, everyone being squires/paladin/whatevers like I feel sorry for anyone attacking
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110115

Eponymous finally reaches the battlements, and slots a shell into his cannon. The shot goes wide, slamming into the bridge next to the advancing troops. Their moral breaks, and they scatter. Undeterred, Eponymous slots another shell and fires. This one hits one of the creatures directly, blowing him into a pile of limbs and catching two others on fire in the process. The rest scatter away, and the siege of SoulDefences has ended.

The greatest army of the united Tigerman tribes ever assembled, and we broke it's back over our knee, Bane style. We even scored two captives, one of which is one of Dem's captains, a spearlord. What should we do with the captives? We also grabbed a goblin snatcher who picked a shitty time to infiltrate.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #110118

We can make totems out of their bones right? I think we should build some totems and place them outside the bridge in a line (I'm assuming totems from the craftdwarf shop works just like statues, idk I've never used them)
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #110122

tfw you remember the basics of CQC and punch a tigerman in the face.

Can we make tigermen slaves? Honestly if it was up to me I would subjugate the whole race, force mixed breeding and strip any identity of their culture. But I don't think Dwarf Fort supports that.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110125

I dont think we can totem them just because we cannot butcher sentient creatures without RAW fuckery and that requires a new world and save if i recall. We can dump their corpses in a pile out front though.

I dont think we can make them do anything useful besides Oranges using them for dick target practice
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #110127

Put that fucker in a cage that we drop other invaders into and let him rip them apart.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #110223

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:tfw you remember the basics of CQC and punch a tigerman in the face.
*Rolls up newspaper* BAD KITTY!

That fight was epic!
Wyzack wrote: As is, PAS is now the tavernkeeper! Their quarters and brewery are being added on to the back of the tavern.
Yay! After battle mead is on me!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #110402

I call this cannon "The Hammer". Because the Cannon is my Dick.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110437

In the wake of the invasion many of our warriors are decorated for their service. Galvatron is officially appointed champion of the fortress, Oranges is promoted to Sargent and given his own new squad of musketeers to whip in to shape.

PAS, realizing we have no booze, has a section of earth behind the tavern tilled for farming so we can get some alcohol.

The high ceiling and gem windows of the chapel are finally complete. Benches and statues are installed, and services held every day to revere our gods.

Also a new residential building is erected to hopefully create permenant rooms for more of our citizens.

http://i.imgur.com/9pT3s7V.png

To the right you can see the massive piles of bones, rotting catbeasts and old fish that makes up our massive refuse stockpile
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #110441

I'd love to see my character page before she inevitably dies a horrible death
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110455

Here is Mister_Doc. I just realised she is actually pretty weak, but that did not stop her from killing all those dark stranglers and maiming a bunch of tigermen in the battle that just happened.

http://i.imgur.com/rdoV70r.png
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #110476

I'd like a character! Do you have any peasant men who aren't doing anything? If so, I'd like to be a hunter/gunsmith who's a part-time militia man. I don't mind waiting for a migrant wave if there isn't anyone available.

Also...

Conscript the catbeasts into the workforce, show the enemy that you either die or you serve. There is no other option because they started this fight, and now they will reap what they've sown.

EDIT: You could probably do with making some traps around the bridge too, space them out and stagger them and put in whatever junk weapons are left over from the invaders. Single-weapon weapon traps merely wounding enemy troops helps greatly especially if you have ranged troops. Slower enemies take longer to cross your field of fire. Also how's our stone production? Is there anything available for stone foundations? Making the buildings have stone walls on the first floor frees up wood to build more or add additional floors, plus it looks cool. I don't know how extensive the mining operation has gotten, but if you wanted to really make the moat impressive put a pair of bypass pumps over the top and drain the moat, then dig it down a second level and shore up the sides with stone. That way even swimming invaders couldn't dig through.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #110481

You mentioned magic was a thing in masterwork- I'd love to have a magic user take the name Drynwyn if one shows up. Failing that, I'll take a bartender or something.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #110514

How fairs our lord and savior geist?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110558

Giest is living large after becoming a decorated war hero. He recieve the congressional medal for huge balls, entering battle with nothing but a shield to bludgeon his enemies, Azari style. He has been swilling ale and chatting up the fine musket militialadies in the tavern when he is not training for his next beatdown.

I had forgotten about magic. The thing about it is that aside from necromancers in their tower, no mortals actually weild this power. We will become the first human mage's guild.

Doing so is a tricky affair however. The secrets of the arcane are held only by the reclusive and wicked race of Warlocks, and only a handful of them remain in the world. (their race is created so that it dies off in the first few years of worldgen)

There is hope however. If we create a merchants guild we should be able to build enough contacts that we can contact and contract the few warlocks willing to share their knowledge for coin, Creating a workshop for learning new spells and a classroom for training sorcery. I will boot up Dwarf Therapist and see if any of our humans have a penchant for the arcane, Drynwyn will become the first human Archmage.

@ Stan we do have a large amount of granite blocks, and using stone for building foundations is a neat idea. As for the tigermen they are not really domesticatable. All we can do really is execute them, use them for military training, put them in a pit of death or build the cages and make a zoo. Keep in mind that i think invaders from different races will not attack eachother.

As for the moat stuff, it is deliberately not secure. Our main gate does not even seal in any way. If you just build an impenetrable fuckhuge wall and shoot enemies form atop it nothing can really challenge you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #110561

Magic?

En-Enchantment? Can we get get enchanted armor and weapons. I just want to become the Avatar of war.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110574

We can get rune engraved armor from the dwarves but i do not think we can get rune engraved weapons, they are dorf only. The magic we will be learning will be mostly stuff like debuff spells, chain lightning, real fire-and-brimstone type of bullshit
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110578

The dwarves show up with their yearly caravan. We barter off some of the masterwork meals Sticky creates in his free time for a pile of booze and some other items we need, such as plaster for casts, metal bars and some weapons. We also buy a contraption the bearded trader refers to as a warpstone turret. Apparently a far better version of the bullet turret we bought last year. Dorsi seems skeptical of the machine, but buys it anyways.

Stan has erected a small shack on the edge of town to live in, he grabs a pistol, and heads out into the wilds to hunt some game.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110584

Two more goblin kidnappers are caught in our snares.

The ghost of one of our dead squires, Kor, has risen to haunt the fortress. His body fell into the moat and was not retrievable. A slab is created to put his poor soul to rest
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110586

Make that three goblins. Man they really want to steal our kids
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110601

Winter rolls in the closest we get to freezing temperatures all year. Although you can sometimes see your breath, and the swamp reeds sometime are slightly frosted in the morning, it is never cold enough for a full freeze. Indeed some welcome the reprieve from the humid swampy heat we get year round.

The Merchants guild is well underway, Dorsi works furiously the fill out the requisite forms and pay all the needed gold for contracts and permits. Once it is complete, we will be able to call services and caravans from any of the races, including evil ones like goblins and drow.

Drynwyn, an inventor who immigrated to the fortress a year ago, meets with Stickymayhem and the current mayor to give his proposal. After years of research some of the greatest libraries around the world he had managed to scrape up some meger information about a race of wicked magic-using humanoids wiped out nearly at the dawn of time. There are rumors that a few of them may yet exist in the world, and that they may part with some of their secrets for a price. He proposed that they track down these Warlocks and create a school of magic right here in Souldefences, the first mages guild in human history. Souldefences leaders, seeing the potential for fame and power in such an endevour, grant him all the resources he requires for the task. Construction of the school begins immediately, and Drynwyn walks among the populace to seek out those who might have the gift
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #110624

Wyzack wrote:@ Stan we do have a large amount of granite blocks, and using stone for building foundations is a neat idea. As for the tigermen they are not really domesticatable. All we can do really is execute them, use them for military training, put them in a pit of death or build the cages and make a zoo. Keep in mind that i think invaders from different races will not attack eachother.

As for the moat stuff, it is deliberately not secure. Our main gate does not even seal in any way. If you just build an impenetrable fuckhuge wall and shoot enemies form atop it nothing can really challenge you
I mostly suggested the moat thing for autism purposes, though I would at least make it three tiles wide. You can also funnel invaders in by having large triangles with their points facing outward, put these guys between guard towers or firing ports and the bad guys will neatly rush where you want them to go. When I'm making fucking huge fortifications I like to make these triangles pretty big and extend multiple levels upward, with the top level being even with my killing field and the open spaces are gradual upward slopes. My guard towers have the advantage of shooting down at them (you gain a tile extra of range for every z-level down I think) and plus any troops I have on top are in defilade from enemy fire until they're extremely close which lets my melee troops engage them without running through a hail of bolts/arrows/flying dicks.

Your current setup wouldn't lend to that though, I specifically start on a hill or have a deep excavation that lets me fill the land above for this, I tend to make a big pit city with a large central spire (noble keep, offices, etc) that can cover roads and alleys leading down to the lower levels. If I retreat backward, the enemy is constantly under fire, and I have traps everywhere. This might be possible with the humanfort, the exterior walls could be a gradual step up, plateau out to the actual defensive wall, and then on the other side of that tall buildings or something like that.

AS FOR THE PRISONERS, SELL THEM TO THE ELVES.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #110632

>still no nobleman has arrived

w-wow.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110664

The thing is we usually do not get migrant nobles until the king/queen shows up, they usually bring like 4 or 5 random nobles with him. I could make you a bureaucrat like Dorsi, but they are just minor nobles
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #110686

I thought we became our own country, how are we going to get nobles if we're our own nation?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110748

Nah, we are officially a town in the Cherished Confederacy. Despite the name we actually do have a Queen, who will hopefull immigrate here soon.

Lost about a season's worth of progress due to a crash but i am back now

Construction of the guildhall has been trucking along as planned, and the first floor is complete. Gold is pouring into the merchants guild, but we cannot seem to contact the Warlocks yet.

AS the winter is drawing to a close, we get another surprise visit from the catbeast tribes. This siege is a bit smaller than the last, and no war leader is present, but we also do not have a small army of caravan guard to assisst us, we will see how this goes
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110756

A few chucklefucks completely ignore my burrows and run out into the tigerseige for some reason. This guy gets his head literally ripped off

http://i.imgur.com/snVigwA.png

But this seige goes pretty similar to the last otherwise. A bunch of tigers run right into the riflezone and get shot to pieces, a few get caught in traps, and then rest rush the bridge. Anon3 and Geist decide to go all in and rush the horde on the other side of the river, Anon3 entering a martial trace. They barely avoid being brutally murdered when the rest of the troops rush across to save them.

The MVPs of this fight are Azari, Tornadium and Septavius, each of them racking an impressive number of kills. Tornadium got his morningstar stuck in at least 3 heads.

Hopefully the fucking cats get the mesage this time.

The fortress overall is pretty pissed though, apparently the fuckers who got themselves killed were well liked.

Here is the usual aftermath shot

http://i.imgur.com/79qRGXY.png

You can see Stan Studnick's shack next to the bridge there
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110759

This one random Cook named Zappa keeps throwing tantrums, but all he seems to do is stand next to the altar of Dazed Boltedpursuer. Prehaps he is crying to the cruel gods in pain about his dumbass friend who decided to walk into an army of tigermen, i dunno.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #110762

It seems poor Zappa lost his mind. Luckily Anon3 was literally right there to lay down the law before he killed anyone in his berserk rage.

http://i.imgur.com/UpNQ5Ja.png

In other related news we may be teetering on the brink of a tantrum spiral
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #110763

OHHHHH HERE WE GOOOOO!!!

It will slowly lead towards the long awaited Galvatron v. Anon3 fight with the surprise upset by Azari killing everyone.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #110800

Wyzack wrote:It seems poor Zappa lost his mind. Luckily Anon3 was literally right there to lay down the law before he killed anyone in his berserk rage.

http://i.imgur.com/UpNQ5Ja.png

In other related news we may be teetering on the brink of a tantrum spiral

Man I can't just fucking punch the guy's brain out of his head and be done with it.

I gotta cripple him slowly, taking away the use of every limb before finally punching his skull into a paste.

That fight could've started and ended with one punch.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #110888

I have a shack! :D I hope those stairs up means I get my own guard tower in which I do battle and guard our mighty bridge.

Also in that last shot what's that pink thing right below the bridge? Some sort of vagina monster or something?

I honestly don't know what the fuck is going on in any of the screenshots because it's a tileset I don't know and there seems to be some weird fortification castle thing inside a wooden building with some tables??? I have no idea what's going on.

Also I outlined my idea a bit, copy-pasted my shack into another building that's supposed to be a guard house (and added two back pillars to make the floors above an even 5x5 square) and I even circled the object in question in pink. I got lazy toward the end so yeah, but if you have questions please ask: http://i.imgur.com/cpItHAv.png
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #111037

What version of the mod are you playing Wzyack? This thread made me want to play MW but it keeps crashing on me.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #111040

Mister_Doc wrote:What version of the mod are you playing Wzyack? This thread made me want to play MW but it keeps crashing on me.
did you play around with any settings? or like how/when is it crashing for you? I downloaded the latest version after seeing this thread and I've been playing fine no problems
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111041

Souldefences is now balanced on a razor's edge, at risk not from threats from without, but those from within. It began with the latest tigerman invasion. Two of our citizens, beloved to many, were caught outside the walls and torn to pieces.

Though we fended off the invasion, the seeds of doubt had been planted. People started to get angry. Can the military really keep us safe? One man in particular, a lesser cook named Zappa, began to crack and break down. He spent days on end tantruming at the altar of Dazed Bolterpursuer, god of valor in the chapel. Then one day he just sort of cracked. Something in his mind snapped, and he flew into a mad rage from which there was no return.

Unfortunately for him Anon3, captain of the guard was also there in the chapel. Anon3 put him down like a mad dog with practiced ease, spilling his blood and teeth across the chapel floor. The priestess called for an end to the madness but it was too late, Zappa had been killed.

Predictably, this made things even worse. Talks of dissent spread like wildfire, even people in the militia were getting angry. And in times of strife this sort of shit falls squarely in the lap of the ruling class.

Stickymayhem sat in his office, wondering how best to quell this dissent and prevent a full scale revolution. Anon3 and his squad of fighters were paraded through the streets as a show of force, both to remind the people they were protected and to remind them of the price of mutiny.

These are pretty fucking uncertain times.

@stan the pink thing is a generic clothing item icon, it is a pile of gear from a dead caravan guard. Items are auto forbidden when dropped by dead people, so no one picked it up.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111042

This is just 34.11, version 6.2. When are you getting crashes? Sometimes it crashed for me if i dont hit escape before sleeping my computer. I also know that graphics plugins like stonesense and rendermax are pretty unstable
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster