Talk about video games here
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Human Fortress 13, Masterwork edition

Post by EndgamerAzari » #111858

Bottom post of the previous page:

>Zapas Raspytrumpets
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111860

Yup, he beat Lumi's darling wife to death literally in the church on top of the Alter to the god of valor. Justice waits for no one i guess.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #111861

Oh yeah Lumi, the necromancing Warlock-in-Training. Of all the people to piss off, eh?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #111862

Jesus Christ, are we raising a fuck huge undead TIGERMAN army?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111863

It is not all doom and gloom, however. Look at how nice the town square looks! Our workers have been busy paving roads, and that fountain has infinite clean water thanks to a magical gem we dug up from underground.

http://i.imgur.com/tEFrKTn.png

Oh yeah also those blue things are the tigerman skeletons.

EDIT: That is probably it for today, i will see if i can maybe get in some more updates later. Anyone know the best way to record myself playing the game and make GIFs? I feel like you do not really get a good idea of the complete fortress layout from just pictures, i would like to make some gifs showcasing the whole thing, and maybe record some combats/cannon shellings too.
Last edited by Wyzack on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #111865

Are the skeletons... controllable? Or will they happily eat our people like anyone else they can get their boney claws on?
Spoiler:
Can I revive my wife with necromantic power?
Last edited by lumipharon on Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #111866

This is the face of the man given the task of upholding and enforcing the law

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #111927

They, like other undead are opposed to all life and will attack anything that is not undead(or a member of the warlock species)

Lumi you gave me a wonderfully awful idea
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #111928

A criminal in life is a criminal in death.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #111970

Around elves - watch yourselves.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #111985

Can't trust those dirty fuckin' elves. Also, turning off Rendermax got it to stop crashing.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #112101

yeah I had the trouble with rendermax because I had it on w/ twbt but I disabled one and it works fine
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #112107

If undead are automatically hostile towards EVERYTHING, why in God's name are we making them? Are we just going to put them in cages and use them for traps?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #112139

So, is it too late to beg for a not!Dwarf?
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112145

It is never too late! Well unless everyone is killed by our little science project, but that has not happened yet. Going away to niagra falls this weekend so updates may be scarce.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112338

Yay the bus has wifi!

To clarify about the skellingtons, I partly did it because the thread is more interesting with a little drama, partly because we are getting a bit too safe, and partly because it is marginally usefull as a final sort of failsafe. The drawbridge extends to outside the moat, so we could seal ourselves off and release the horde as a final defence. Unfortunately we cannot toss any more corpses down there for now because the skeletons spook anyone who tries to go near to dump items. I will probably build a secondary corpse chute to help prevent this.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112796

Alright folks, we are back!

Chucklefuck Mayor asks a random migrant worker to make him 3 warhammers. After about a month and no hammers made, Mec Irumala is imprisoned in our dungeon by Anon3 for 21 days, thereby becoming our first official criminal. Sucks to be him i guess.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #112804

He's lucky.

My sheriffs tend to be shitlords and bring people to jail beaten and dying.

Don't even assign hammerers/foreign equivalents
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112855

It is the dead of winter now, which is probably the least shitty time of year in Souldefences. It is not quite as godawful stinking hot, there are less bugs, and the yearly caravan from the capital is just around the corner. Not that that matters much anymore, we can order caravans from any race with our merchants guild.

Speaking of guilds, another level is being built on the guildhall. Apparently the clotheirs guild lets you build full sets of clothing from cloth and leather, and people are really starting to complain about wearing ratty old clothing, which might be a problem.

In other news, Lumi contracts the miners to build a new secret basement room in the mages guild for his new side project...
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #112863

Thread is kill?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #112865

I need to try out humies in masterwork, it seems like they have some really cool mechanics.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112867

Thread is not kill ( I hope anyways) it was just slow this weekend as I was away, I hope to be updating more frequently now.

Mister Doc I posted the quick guide to humans at the beginning if the thread but it can be pretty overwhelming, feel free to ask me if you need a hand with anything
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #112876

I'm not trying to hijack your thread or anything actually I am honk but
do you care if I post about a game I play? I kinda took this as the general thread for human fortress.
I'm gonna just use the same names everyone's already put down
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112877

My worry is that it will be a bit cluttered and hard to follow with two forts running in the same thread, especially considering how haphazard my updates are. Some times i make a ton of posts over a half hour of play with sieges and stuff
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #112878

ah whatever then lol I'll just stick to listening in honk, if something wacky happens maybe I'll put it in my posts here.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112886

I was thinking when soul defence tanks we could maybe do a succession game, what do you think?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112911

Lumi's little project seems to be near completion now. A little underground room, a viewing window and a roof hatch.

http://i.imgur.com/NpE53Z4.png

Oh yeah, and another monolith built in to the wall. What nefarious purpose could this room possibly serve?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #112913

Has that monolith been signed for? I don't want no rogue wizards on the homestead.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #112917

Late one midwinter's night, Lumi stole down into the mines while everyone was asleep. Down he went to the familiar spot he had visited many times in the past year. The crypt, where the casket stood housing the remains of his lovely wife. Taken too soon by madness and the damnable city guard. Carefully making sure no one was around, Lumi used the pointed end of his staff like a prybar, levering the door off the casket and exposing what was once his darling lover, now a few gaunt bits of flesh clinging to bones. Time was not kind to her, and yet Lumi did not care, he beamed with pride. Carefully, he wrapped her in a cloak and bore her in secrecy back to the new room in the mages guild. He lowered her carefully into her new home.

Zapas shudders, and beings to move.

http://i.imgur.com/cgoLZHu.png

Lumi had done it. He had returned his wife from the dead.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #112921

Welp, time to get my smitin' mace ready.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #112923

EndgamerAzari wrote:Welp, time to get my smitin' mace ready.
Hey hey! She might have traces of her humanity still. Can't bash her skull in until we find out if she's hostile or not.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #112925

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #112928

Oh lawdy.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #112939

You are actually 100% for serious already dead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #112943

Wyzack wrote:I was thinking when soul defence tanks we could maybe do a succession game, what do you think?
I'm down for it
Balut

Post by Balut » #112983

I wonder what kind of nerd I'll get this time.

I was incredibly satisfied with being that incredibly incompetent CMO last time. Did I ever do anything hype for that or did I just fade into obscurity?

Also The Rotten Man is a fucking hype as shit moniker. Have you given him that for a custom job title or something yet.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #112988

The rotten man would make for a great headsman/hammerer/other agent of terrifying justice.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113028

((Hey balut do you want to become the rotten man and become fortress executioner?))

Lumi walked down to the build in viewing window that looked into the furnished cage where his wife's animated remains shambled about aimlessly. When Lumi walked into view she (it?) surged towards the bars and reached out, desperately trying to rend him limb from limb. Seemingly unperturbed, Lumi looked at her with a mix of madness, love and pride. He began to tell her all about what had happened in the fortress since she was "gone". What is it about magic that turns people into such nutters?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Balut

Post by Balut » #113098

Executioner sounds robust though. I'm not robust.

I thoroughly support The Rotten Man for Executioner though.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113150

Some poor sap did not build torches for our grand duke when he demanded, and is spending 100 days in jail for the offence. Sucks to be that guy.

The fortress meanders on as the year draws to a close. Another set of housing is set up, and the clothiers guild is started so our citizens can maybe have some actual stuff to wear
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113163

As the year draws to a close a whole ton of orc snatchers show up for some reason. The day after new years (Happy 86 everyone!) This happens

http://i.imgur.com/xYJDTjV.png

Fucking orc ambush. If i know orcs there are more of them on the way. Hold on to your butts.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #113166

Only six orcs? That aint even enough for a Royal Rumble.

I'm more concerned about that giant heap of garbage you got there. I'm so used to ascii I can't tell what most of that shit is. Can you just designate a square over the river as a dump and have your villagers throw all their shit into it? I can't remember if the river will carry the shit off and away or if it'll just sink immediately to the bottom.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113170

The orcs sliced a mason's hand and leg off before the militia arrived.
http://i.imgur.com/dVNcNdM.png

This guy survived pretty long considering he got shot in the throat. I like to think our guys stood back and watched the dog maul him to death for fun.

A solid wall of muskets drove them back, and a few of our soliders ran them off only to run in to another ambush.

http://i.imgur.com/nhp0Avk.png

Like i said when it rains it pours. A wrestlerguy and a spearpaladin have to hold them off till the rest of the troops run up, lets see if they make it.

I am torn here, if i close the top drawlbridge the fort will be more secure but our troops will be stranded and have to take the long way around, possibly hitting more ambushes
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113171

Our boys handily wipe out the orcs. Rather than concentrating their forces, they all ran past towards our all of guns while one guy got the shit kicked out of him by the two soliders. Unfortunately it is as i feared, another ambush is now at the south gates. Anon3 leads the troops back towards the new battle and the top bridge is raised.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #113172

Wyzack wrote: This guy survived pretty long considering he got shot in the throat. I like to think our guys stood back and watched the dog maul him to death for fun.
Well the bullet got lodge in his throat, probably stopped some of the bleeding a bit.
Wyzack wrote:I am torn here, if i close the top drawlbridge the fort will be more secure but our troops will be stranded and have to take the long way around, possibly hitting more ambushes
Our troops are pretty robust, they would probably like hitting more ambushes.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #113173

No one gets left behind.
Spoiler:
And if they do, we can just raise them from the dead an pretend nothing happened.
What are the restrictions on raising dead?

Is be a BATTLE NECROMANCER possible?
ie: Muskets shoot plebs, then the necro necro's them in the field to murder the plebs that are still alive?

Edit: I had an awful, awful, horribly FUN idea.
Spoiler:
we create a city of the dead, underneath our city, and populate it with all of our own fallen, until eventually the (un)dead outnumber the living.
Last edited by lumipharon on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113175

It is totally possible on Warlock mode, but on Human mode the undead are just as likely to kill you as they are your enemies, and they stick around until they are killed.

Anyways two of the orcs run across the undefended lower bridge while the rest hang back to shoot with their bows. One of them corners and kills the shit out of a poor fisherman. Our forces begin to trickle towards the new fight. Drynwyn casts a curse on one of the orcs, who promptly trips forward and falls facefirst onto an oncoming bullet, dying instantly. A few musket troops and a rookie solider join the fray.

http://i.imgur.com/vZxvfCK.png
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #113176

That's why it would be FUN.

Gotta make a one way entrance to send in the newly undead to their merry little after life, without murdering everyone up top.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113177

Drynwyn proves that he is good at more than just magic, and goes toe to toe with an orc, smashing his head open after breaking his foot.

http://i.imgur.com/qUUVadH.png

The Boworcs, seemingly out of ammo, charge across the bridge to face Tornadium and a few random paladin. They are dogpiled and crushed. Apparently somewhere along the way Djingle Django go shot in the goddamn chest with an arrow, breaking his liver. He limps back across the bridge, even as another ambush is sighted to the north. they just keep coming
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113178

The new ambush kinda just sits petulantly by the north drawbridge. Robert Cop and his squardron are sent to take them out from afar while the rest of the army watches the southern bridge. One of the conscripts is pretty pissed, that fisherwoman that died was his wife
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #113180

The very second they leave more orc forces are spotted at the south gate. They charge across the bridge and battle rages. The Orcs are far more deadly opponents than the tigerman tribes.

http://i.imgur.com/VHBCbMs.png

A few of our soliders are wounded in the fighting. Geist Dangerous takes a few arrows, but fights on regardless. The orcs are driven back and our troops retreat to behind the bridge. The bridge is raised to give our exhausted soldiers some reprieve before the next battle.

Anon3 Beatdown of the day

http://i.imgur.com/KrIN2LE.png

Ended up punching this guy backwards into a cave trap.

The aftermath of round 2
http://i.imgur.com/mqKZyZE.png

Plus bonus hospital shot
http://i.imgur.com/wQmzqYy.png

These orcs dont mess around
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster