looks like doom 3 is getting a sequel (not really)

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

looks like doom 3 is getting a sequel (not really)

Post by DrPillzRedux » #342772

Scorn is an FPS set inside the underground of a flesh covered world. Not much is known aside from it having a central hub level to which you can then choose where to go, solve puzzles, and kill or run from enemies. Your weapon is an arm blade and a gun made of flesh and bone, with different pieces changing how the gun looks and works. Ammo is said to be scarce.

Currently on Kikestarter, $20 nets you the demo out now and the final version in Q1 2018. This was supposed to come out this year, but it was delayed. They hit the VR funding level so there's that if you're into VR.

The odd part is this is part 1 of 2. Another game will come eventually if this one is successful that will be entirely different but related to the plot.

[youtube]gug_0mNhg4k[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: looks like doom 3 is getting a sequel (not really)

Post by Incomptinence » #342779

Been looking forward to it since I first heard of it.

Love the biotech horror shit it's what engineers (no legs! did the pilot fucking grow there holy shit) were originally in alien under gieger unlit ridley scott copped the fuck out.

Grown to fucking purpose or being a horrible mutant in a moshpit of biotechnological fuckery is the kind of aesthetic I want.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #343112

Messing around with the demo, this game is definitely disturbing, and getting ambushed by two of the creatures spooked me.
Spoiler:
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #344240

More like Quake sequel.

And Q4 should've had a sequel, that squad's cast was too good to leave at a cliff hanger.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #344248

I want this. It looks wicked.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #345107

The demo was short but good. You start with an access stone and the pistol with around 7 reserve shots, and can find the shotgun mod with 3 reserve shots. The normal sized guys take two headshots to kill with the pistol and one up close with the shotgun. There's no ADS, but a crosshair constriction mode. Holding right mouse brings the crosshair close together for precision shots. You can hipfire but it's likely to miss unless you're close. The guns sound good and the reloads consist of inserting the bone ammo one by one.

There's no HUD unless you hold Q. This shows your healthbar and plays an animation where you open your gun to see how much ammo is in it, so you have to manually count the pellets. Healthbar is kind of pointless as the normal sized guys kill you in one hit up close, and their ranged attack doesn't do a whole lot of damage.

Graphics and performance wise, it looks great, and runs fairly well even after jerry rigging the FOV to work with ultrawide.

Funding ends later today and they hit the 2nd to last stetch goal, which means more enemies.
Spoiler:

a correct post by pillz