No Man's Sky

Talk about video games here
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by ThanatosRa » #161107

Bottom post of the previous page:

Soooo what you're saying is that I'll be waiting for it to be on sale.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161115

An0n3 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:It's a standard retail price, what did you expect?
A standard retail game.
2 hour long single player campaign?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #161198

Lumbermancer wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:It's a standard retail price, what did you expect?
A standard retail game.
2 hour long single player campaign?
I don't buy that shit either.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #161200

splatoon is a full game anon you are still mad about it and thats funny
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #161203

splatoon is epic btw
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161217

Paying almost triple what the game was going to shipped for simply because people got excited for it is okay.

We're not killing the industry we're just supporting stuff we like.

Have you guys put in your pre-orders yet? You get an upgraded starting ship!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #161218

Prices rising because of hype is likely due to feature creep and more resources being poured into the project, rather than just upping the price because you can.

That said No Man's Sky costs more and is losing features so fuck this game and that explanation I literally just made.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #161219

What even is this game. I've heard about it a lot but nothing about what you do in it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161221

dezzmont wrote:Prices rising because of hype is likely due to feature creep and more resources being poured into the project, rather than just upping the price because you can.

That said No Man's Sky costs more and is losing features so fuck this game and that explanation I literally just made.
That's my fuckin' point.

Neither game added any new content as a result of increasing attention.

Just hiked the price-tag up.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #161222

^^ Its the upcoming 6 degrees of freedom/tree punching speece mmo where you will never meet another player even if your on the same god damn planet. Hype has gone wild and is already being declared ruined forever by vg tg digg and other places due to having the nerve to tell people certain features were geting droped BEFORE opening preorders. Its shaping up to be ether a summer destroying monster or another overambitious flop. Lots of bright colors and procedural everything. Like Spore promised to be but good and penis monster free.

^ what other game? Edit: oh splattoon. Splatoon is at least a double A quality game. People need to stop categorizing things into price-groups based on anything but independent reviews. Splatoon is apparently 20 ish hours of fun before it gets stale so i would say that 40 might have been a beter price point but if everyone bought it at 60 then who can blame Nitendo from chargng that(I do not own a Wii U nor do i care if this is the actual price just an example comparison)
Last edited by Supermichael777 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #161223

It is a space sim. So basically trade, fight, explore, mine/loot whatever you find, which primarly got itself attention by having a more detailed set of worlds than most other space sims. In most space sims planetary systems don't really matter that much save for perhaps the tags that apply to it such as what resources you can find, what kind of trading post is there, and what its threat level is.

So while in something like Elite or EVE exploring is really just an alternate way to mine because you will never find anything interesting ever, here you might find an awesome planet with killer dinosaurs trying to block your mining or something. It is why the game's material is almost always of a footbound explorer looking across a fantastic horizon.
An0n3 wrote:
dezzmont wrote:Prices rising because of hype is likely due to feature creep and more resources being poured into the project, rather than just upping the price because you can.

That's my fuckin' point.

Neither game added any new content as a result of increasing attention.

Just hiked the price-tag up.
I suspect it has more to do with the fact that the core premise of the game, an explorable galaxy, was utterly unrealistic, especially without using user generated content. So not only can they not afford to host thousands of unique fully explorable planets that are even close to being realistically huge on servers constantly, which always sounded like promising me the game would weave straw into gold, but to even craft such planets and a system that snaps the parts together would cost way more than they thought.

So the game gets hype, they realize that trying to ever make this a persistent multiplayer universe was an utterly moronic idea as most MMO developers do, and realize they would never be able to even promise the core premise of the game at 20 dollars, forget about awesome exploration multiplayer that for some stupid reason they absolutely dont want you to experience, and there is a hype backlash because they promised too much for too little and had an unsound premise at the start.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161224

Supermichael777 wrote:People need to stop categorizing things into price-groups based on anything but independent reviews.
Being a good game doesn't absolve you from treating your customers poorly with shitty business practices.

The differences in cost between games is supposed to be representative of the cost of making them, not some weird measure of how "good" a game is going to be. Sometimes there is a correlation between that; more money means more time to make more content, improve the graphics.

...but you have to be fucking stupid to think you can just pay your way to a great game, or that one game is better than another because it cost more.

Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #161230

An0n3 wrote:
Supermichael777 wrote:People need to stop categorizing things into price-groups based on anything but independent reviews.
Being a good game doesn't absolve you from treating your customers poorly with shitty business practices.

The differences in cost between games is supposed to be representative of the cost of making them, not some weird measure of how "good" a game is going to be. Sometimes there is a correlation between that; more money means more time to make more content, improve the graphics.

...but you have to be fucking stupid to think you can just pay your way to a great game, or that one game is better than another because it cost more.

Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!"
remember starbound?
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #161233

pLeas e stop comparing the good game abuot squid girls to this pile, t.i.a.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #161258

I'm gonna wait for the reviews to pour in so I can laugh when they're disappointed

if they're not disappointed I'll wait for a sale
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #161271

dezzmont wrote: I suspect it has more to do with the fact that the core premise of the game, an explorable galaxy, was utterly unrealistic, especially without using user generated content. So not only can they not afford to host thousands of unique fully explorable planets that are even close to being realistically huge on servers constantly, which always sounded like promising me the game would weave straw into gold, but to even craft such planets and a system that snaps the parts together would cost way more than they thought.

So the game gets hype, they realize that trying to ever make this a persistent multiplayer universe was an utterly moronic idea as most MMO developers do, and realize they would never be able to even promise the core premise of the game at 20 dollars, forget about awesome exploration multiplayer that for some stupid reason they absolutely dont want you to experience, and there is a hype backlash because they promised too much for too little and had an unsound premise at the start.
Dude stop talking out your ass and go read up on the actual game.

It uses a series of algorithms to generate an entire universe based on x,y,z coordinates. So the universe is random, but it's the same random for everyone. It's not hosted anywhere, your client solves the equations based on where you are and gets the same answer in the form of the same planets and systems as anyone else does.

There's no voxel-based terrain deformation or any of that shit so you don't need to host changes to anything. You can't come carve a penis into the face of some random planet for people to find. It's just exploring surfaces and such.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #161293

yeah most of the resource collection looked like it was on semi persistent world bits so i assume when you fly off to your next adventure it just ditches any changes you made but you can affect things while your looking at them.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161295

It's like a Spore 2.0
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #161310

Complete with crippling dissapointment
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #161311

That is yet to be seen.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161334

game gives me a "starbound" vibe in both the theme and the lack of actual fun content, but i'm gonna be optimistic for now
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #161335

The gameplay is go to planet, get better gear, go to next planet, get better gear, repeat.

That's about all there is and pre-generated means seeing the same shit.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #161341

what is this, starb bound
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #161342

DrPillzRedux wrote:The gameplay is go to planet, get better gear, go to next planet, get better gear, repeat.

That's about all there is and pre-generated means seeing the same shit.
You could do the same in a flash game hosted for free with more closed off content going off a recent interview i saw. The mineral and chemistry chart is actually kind of ugly in blighting the landscape and the hostiles are probably just there to stop you finishing the game early by strip-mining a planet to the core and cutting the game in 20+ hours before exterminating all life in the galaxy for shits and giggles or based off fluffyness systematically (i bet it respawns anyway, because cheap code/no financial benefit but asthetics and fodder to shoot at and draw aggro to).

The animals look disinteresting, and i reckon they'll repeat or have 'palette swap' clones at some point, just so you can claim money off exploration (that was explained in a dev log, you get cash for finding stuff, akin to sunless sea's admiralty reports sort of with naming rights) I expect to see a lot of bugged goat rabbits of varying colours and shoot some spotty lizard tigers with my pew-gun.

I bet the centre of the universe is basically a game editor (even the dev says you'd probably stop playing after 60+ hours in reaching the core of the galaxy in which time i hope they have a gurantee policy to refund in that time) to spurr the grinding of materials only to spit you out and say 'fuck you, here's the controls to your new hell to do it all over again psyche!'

I would link it in but i can't remember where i saw that, recent but not exactly present news. Speculation is a beautiful thing, pessimism is well reserved on this matter.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #161372

Super Aggro Crag wrote:what is this, starb bound
u stole my review
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #161386

ShadowDimentio wrote:Please refer to the chart

Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171155

All the false flag shilling on /v/ is hilarious.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #192840

To quote someone funnier than myself "No Man's Buy"
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192841

"No Thanks, Guy"
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #192919

I thought that thread was supposed to be RIP?

You know, more or less like the game?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #192954

Mighty No. Man's 9
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193795

I'm probably still going to get this game on release because I've been dying for a nice looking space exploration game. Elite dangerous just isn't hitting the spot. Regardless of the economy and never meeting a player, i think it would just be cool to look at shit
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Post by Bolien » #193813

DemonFiren wrote:I thought that thread was supposed to be RIP?

You know, more or less like the game?
They just finished dev.

Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #193820

No Man, Bye
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #193822

What even is this game meant to be? all I'm hearing are a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing.
Is it just exploring? Does it have an objective or no? A story even? Is it like Minecraft or Starbound or Starmade?
And more to the point, how the heck is it worth $60 US dollaridoos? Unless it came hand-delivered by the Pope, there is no way an exploration or a building sandbox game worth that much money.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #193826

Probably costs 60 cos of the atlantis tax.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #193858

Anonmare wrote:What even is this game meant to be? all I'm hearing are a lot of words that ultimately mean nothing.
Is it just exploring? Does it have an objective or no? A story even? Is it like Minecraft or Starbound or Starmade?
And more to the point, how the heck is it worth $60 US dollaridoos? Unless it came hand-delivered by the Pope, there is no way an exploration or a building sandbox game worth that much money.
Baby Elite Dangerous with even less to do (quite the feat) and lower production values, but you can walk around and look at the trees.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #193862

You walk around on planets that were randomly generated during development, so they're the same for everyone, and try and get materials for your next level of upgrades. This repeats until you get to the end.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #193863

I just like to explore and look at cool shit, which is what this game seems to be.
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #193865

It sounds like Starbound in that most planets have an utter lack of soul.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193906

I still just can't figure out why this is $60.

At $20 I would be in. I would've pre-ordered this already at $20.
House of the Dying Sun was $19.99 and lacks the exploration element but makes up for it by having much more focus on space combat and some RTS-like elements.

Comparing the two, I have to ask myself if No Man's Sky looks like three times the game House of the Dying Sun is. And the answer is obviously not.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #194137

Gameplay trailer revealed.

[youtube]5vCXo3i0cvU[/youtube]
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #194200

Remember how they got flooded? I would say it was probably due to having their offices dipped without flood insurance.

Summary microsoft influence probably didn't help.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #199615

TheWiznard wrote:I don't know how I feel about hyping games up before you even get to play them, remember on erro forums where starbound was hyped as the best game ever and everyone was excited to play it, and then 3 days later everyone was like "this fucking sucks" and never mentioned it again?
fucking prophetic
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #199679

The name of the game is No Man's Sky, and it has multiplayer with a seemingly large universe.

I guess the devs called it No Mans Sky because it's so big you'll never see another player; so much for multiplayer!
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199738

Someone has been leaking gameplay footage and the devs responded with a sad tweet begging people not to watch it.

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #199745

4 hours?

I'm guessing 4 hours to experience all the 'unique' content, the rest will be repaints of that.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #200383

So far everything points to this game being quite a disappointment.
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #200387

It honestly sounds like my perfect game. I want to relax and look at cool shit and fly around in my space ship. I have a feeling I'll put a lot of hours in it.
Lzimann's best friend.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #200399

I did that with Dear Esther. I'd replay it every now and again and just zen out with the atmosphere, hear the waves and just relax. It was really peaceful and helped me destress a whole lot.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

molimoch
Byond Username: Molimoch

Post by molimoch » #200400

No Man's Sky on Steam in Mexico is Mex$ 510, Aka 27 dollars. Fuck you all I don't need a sale.