Derelict Scavenger Hunt!

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Derelict Scavenger Hunt!

Post by srifenbyxp » #57020

So picked up a new game I saw on /v/ called NEO Scavenger, this is virtually Dwarf Fortress adventure mode but more visually appealing. You when you first start out you get to select a few main skills such as Hacking (get this to avoid mauling in beginning), Toughness, Electronics, Mechanics, ETC. You have to use turns in order to find swagger, explore, and hope you don't mauled or attacked. The world is RNG and the name of the game is survive until you remember who you really are, maybe a clown maybe a horse who knows! Find the nearest meat cleaver and murder the guy next to you for his shoes, you'll pretty much have to.

After the 4th time of dying im actually git'n gud! I also got super fucking lucky finding a first aid kit.
Spoiler:
Trailer

[youtube]_2K3mihtzrA[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Derelict Scavenger Hunt!

Post by Saegrimr » #57032

Its a flash game?
Wait my bad, all the plugins didn't load on the page so I thought -that was it-.. I mean it is but.. oh fuck it whatever
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #57034

Forgot to mention, WATCH OUT FOR THE [fun] If your bleeding fix yer self up ASAP.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #57035

I played the game quite a bit a while ago.

Generally I went for the foraging skills (forgot the exact name) since I found finding food to be a very hard thing, and if you can forage then food is never a problem.

Pretty good game all round.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #57266

After dying several more from the most bull shit of reasons my time has finally come. GOt killed by fluff text, GOD DAM IT

Total Badass Mode Activate
Spoiler:
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #57673

this game is actually old as fuck, i remember finding it a few years ago, playing like 5 minutes and quitting because it didnt appeal to me
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #58194

It has alot of endings which is neat but at the moment I got super lucky murdering 6 swat guys selling their gear to get robot eyes. Yeah im once again bare ass naked with no supplies and I have fast metabolism plus having trouble sleeping but nothing robot eyes and a bottle full of sleeping pills can't fix.