Deus Ex: Spacekind Divided

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Deus Ex: Spacekind Divided

Post by DrPillzRedux » #81039

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is a direct sequel to Human Revolution. It takes place 2 years after HR, where the choice Jensen made threw the world into chaos. He is out for revenge against those who decided to use his sacrifice to cause death and destruction.

By he I mean MOTHER FUCKING JENSEN IS BACK GET HYPE

[youtube]q2kd7F3YFz8[/youtube]

Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Re: Deus Ex: Spacekind Divided

Post by EndgamerAzari » #81040

My chromeboner can't get any harder
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #81041

私は完璧
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81044

I loved HR. I love the stealth aspect but I usually sucked at it so half the time I ended up guns blazing. I haven't played the other deus ex games but fuck, I'm hyped for this sequel.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81075

NikNakFlak wrote:I loved HR. I love the stealth aspect but I usually sucked at it so half the time I ended up guns blazing. I haven't played the other deus ex games but fuck, I'm hyped for this sequel.
First DX is a sacred cow, but hasn't aged too well (use Shifter to fix and balance it.)
DX:Invisible War allegedly does not exist.

I think the rule is that any sequel to an awesome DX game has to suck hard. So let's hope that this won't turn into IW.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #81080

I see they've added Piss Filter 2.0 in the form of BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I guess this also means that the "fuck everyone" option where you just blow it all up is non-canon as well.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #81086

i ought to finish hr
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81088

Cheridan wrote:I see they've added Piss Filter 2.0 in the form of BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I guess this also means that the "fuck everyone" option where you just blow it all up is non-canon as well.
Maybe they'll pull an Invisible War and/or Mass Effect 2 you back to life?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #81164

Trailer is out

[youtube]q2kd7F3YFz8[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #81177

Front row seats for the fabled Collapse? I'm game.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81223

If this trailer isn't made of lies and bullshit, and I sure hope it ain't, this might be a game I will be able to actually...I don't know. Masturbate to sounds too vulgar and memetic.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #81224

It's too bad it's a prequel so the ending is already more or less set in stone. Looks really cool.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #81228

Adam Jensen is to JC Denton as Big Boss is to Solid Snake.

Giving us a protagonist who appears in prequels and is multitudes cooler than the series' original protag but we know is doomed in the storyline is the cool new thing in vidya gaems.

I hope this game gives us more fun ways to kill people and acts like less of a bitch about it when we do go murderin'. Deus EX HR didn't have many fun options to explore for killing people. Just your typical FPS stuff. Exploding bullet revolver was probably the coolest, most original concept they had.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81230

HR is a game that makes me not regret regretting going non-lethal. I never offed one person...except, you know, the bosses and the intro mooks.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #81234

There's still a lot of room to maneuver, Kor. You only get whispers of the Collapse if I remember right.
Spoiler:
I went with Sarif.
Spoiler:
Which means part of the problem is probably my fault.
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #81237

I hope the melee combat's better, it would be sweet if it was actually possible to melee a room full of people rather than 'no more than 4' like in HR.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81238

I'd rather the story change to reflect whether you're acting like the Terminator or not and leave achievements and experience-point min/maxing out of it.

Stealthing Deus Ex on the hardest difficulty is much, much easier than going loud through the whole game on said difficulty but the game piles on the experience and achievements for sneaking it.
It's nowhere near as bad as Dishonored's "harm a hair on anyone's head and you're Baddy McGrimdark Evilstein IIIrd" bullshit but it's still pretty silly.

Examine the "take-down" system in Deus EX HR. Non-lethal takedowns are quiet and faster to activate. Lethal takedowns make noise and you have to hold the prompt to trigger. Both cost the same amount of energy to perform and have the exact same in-game effect (knocked out enemies never get up, they're effectively dead). So not only is the lethal takedown option objectively worse but the game also punishes you with reduced experience rewards, achievements, and characters getting all sour-puss on you for killing people.

Like what the fuck?

Lethal takedowns shouldn't have cost any energy to activate while nonlethal would still require it. It would maintain nonlethal takedowns as the preferable option and the one you will always use when you have energy and preparation, but give lethal takedowns function as a method of quickly eliminating people when you're out of juice or outnumbered in close quarters.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81239

If you nonlethally took someone out, if one of their buddies found them, he would wake them up. So not effectively dead.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81246

You have to be terrible at the game to let that happen. People waking eachother up is only an issue when you're using the dart rifle at range. It's incredibly easy to find a spot the guard's fixed patterns overlook and then one-by-one stun and drag everyone back to your sneak hole.

Metal Gear incentivizes killing people over stunning them because anyone you KO will (usually pretty promptly) get back up on their own. You can't do that shit in that game because people eventually wake up and go into a state of alert.
That's also how it encourages stealth vs. being a pacifist who still beats the shit out of everyone.

Stealth gameplay should not equal beating everyone unconscious and then strolling through the level like it aint no thang.
Stealth gameplay means actually staying out of sight and avoiding or temporarily distracting people.

Deus Ex has always fucked that up. Running around stabbing everyone with a stun prod or tasering people is not sneaky.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81250

I have the weirdest boner after watching that trailer
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #81252

Yeah, nonlethal=/=stealth, but I gotta admit I like the idea of going loud and leaving a bunch of battered-but-still-breathing bodies who will be able to get up later and say to each other, "What the fuck just happened?"
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81253

Azari, that was half the appeal of Mirror's Edge.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #81254

Another game I am quite fond of. I would stream it if it for some reason didn't fuck up broadcasting software.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81290

An0n3 wrote:You have to be terrible at the game to let that happen. People waking eachother up is only an issue when you're using the dart rifle at range. It's incredibly easy to find a spot the guard's fixed patterns overlook and then one-by-one stun and drag everyone back to your sneak hole.

Metal Gear incentivizes killing people over stunning them because anyone you KO will (usually pretty promptly) get back up on their own. You can't do that shit in that game because people eventually wake up and go into a state of alert.
That's also how it encourages stealth vs. being a pacifist who still beats the shit out of everyone.

Stealth gameplay should not equal beating everyone unconscious and then strolling through the level like it aint no thang.
Stealth gameplay means actually staying out of sight and avoiding or temporarily distracting people.

Deus Ex has always fucked that up. Running around stabbing everyone with a stun prod or tasering people is not sneaky.
You can totally do a lethal stealth run, it's how I got through Give Me Deus Ex difficulty on HR. Get a 9mm pistol, put a silencer on it. Put an armor penetration mod on it. Congratulations you can now one-shot people, silently, from range, using the most common ammunition in the game.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #81293

IMO that's not really being stealthy though. You didn't sneak around and avoid people's perception you just shot everyone in the fucking face before they could call the cops on you.

If I play hide and go seek with you and while you're counting to 10 I run up behind you and strangle you to death I would be "hidden", sure, but I'd have missed the point of the game completely.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81295

An0n3 wrote:IMO that's not really being stealthy though. You didn't sneak around and avoid people's perception you just shot everyone in the fucking face before they could call the cops on you.

If I play hide and go seek with you and while you're counting to 10 I run up behind you and strangle you to death I would be "hidden", sure, but I'd have missed the point of the game completely.
.....Oh dear, I've been playing hide and go seek very, very wrong.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81481

Am I the only one who thinks this announcement trailer looks like a horribly cluttered mess of shit?
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #81548

The REAL question is: Cyberpunk 2077 when.

Nonlethal options are always fucking the most boring in games that have them. I'd be fine with it giving the same XP and stuff, just give me my coolgun options! Homing sniper darts are all well and good, but what about beanbag shotguns, gel bullets, and some loud options so I DON'T have to immediately bug out and hide if I fuck up and alert everyone?

Also moar laser guns.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #81590

QuartzCrystal wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this announcement trailer looks like a horribly cluttered mess of shit?
Yes.

They did need more sounds as some spots seem odd without SFX but it's not a bad trailer, it's good. Especially at what its aim was to do: HYPE.

Adam isn't some small fry anymore. The world is in chaos and he's now part of a force meant to save it. He's not just some corporate security guard anymore. He has power now and he knows what's really going on behind the scenes.

a correct post by pillz
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81597

Trailer has "angelic wings" visual at 1:17. If that wasn't deliberate I'll eat my video card.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #81709

Meh, I thought the first DX:HR was incredibly boring.
An0n3 wrote:You have to be terrible at the game to let that happen. People waking eachother up is only an issue when you're using the dart rifle at range. It's incredibly easy to find a spot the guard's fixed patterns overlook and then one-by-one stun and drag everyone back to your sneak hole.

The only multipath game I've seen that rewards the player the same for going balls out load as it does sneaky crazy violent monk and actually sneaking past all the enemies is Incursion, which is a rogue like where if you stealth past all the enemies and reach the next level you get rewarded with the same XP you'd get for killing them.
Sum Ting Wong

Post by Sum Ting Wong » #81747

Hope they don't dick us over for choosing the stealth path again. Other than that I'm hype.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #81818

Drynwyn wrote:Trailer has "angelic wings" visual at 1:17. If that wasn't deliberate I'll eat my video card.
Its probably to reinforce a sort of "savior" or "guardian angel" motif. Works doubly well if you slur your words saying "Serif" to "Seraph"