Pylons of Like A Really Long Time You Guys

Talk about video games here
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Pylons of Like A Really Long Time You Guys

Post by Drynwyn » #81345

Hoooolllllly shit, this (Pillars of Eternity) takes me back. The story/setting isn't quite as good as Planescape, but then again, I'm biased, because I already knew and loved the Planescape setting, while this has to sell me on an entirely new concept.

That said- Cipher OP. Like, massively, bumfuckingly OP.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Re: Pylons of Like A Really Long Time You Guys

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #81381

I like Kana, everytime I get into combat he starts chanting 'CRAAAAVE DOF DOF FALLY!!!' or something like that.

I made it to the endgame, but I'm putting it off until I finish all the side quests I can including Endless Paths.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81390

From what I've heard, the last bits of the endless paths are actually harder than the endgame.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #81406

Isn't that how optional bullshit always is though?

Also yeah, Kana's a baller. I also like Durance.

Priests and Droods are p. legit, I've heard. Priests got deflect debuffs, and Droods have friendly-fireless AoEs?

I wanted to have a Healbot character in a friend's game so I asked he to make a priest, but he went turboDex and that character is supposedly the party's main DPS.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #81642

I head there was a transgender poem in the game, they patched it out.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #81662

It is fun, I've put lots if hours into it.
But now I am in act 3 and I got bored.
srifenbyxp wrote:I head there was a transgender poem in the game, they patched it out.
Supposedly it is transphobic
here
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #81664

>Ligthbringer

I really hope that wasn't a typo. That's more shameful than the people getting pissy about a silly almost-limerick.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #81685

What. That's not transphobic.

Whatever dumb stuff. I dig priests, OP-who-I'm-too-lazy-tocheck-whose-name-is digs Ciphers, what's errbody's favorite classes?
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81688

Balut wrote:What. That's not transphobic.

Whatever dumb stuff. I dig priests, OP-who-I'm-too-lazy-tocheck-whose-name-is digs Ciphers, what's errbody's favorite classes?
I don't just "dig" ciphers, my party is LITERALLY made up of six ciphers. Every single fight ends with the phrase "Mind Blade Times Six Fuck You", or if facing one-two really strong enemies after the mindblade, "Literally Infinite Mental Bindings, Fuck You"

Also all of us except Grieving Mother are Moon Godlikes. The stacked healing from Silver Tide is ridiculous.
Braincake
Byond Username: Braincake

Post by Braincake » #81984

Fun game, takes me back. I like how there's no extremely restrictive weapon profiency stuff, so I can give everyone a secondary pistol/arquebus and turn them into an impromptu firing squad when a pierce-vulnerable enemy shows up. I also like how the engagement system works, so I can't just kite everything to death like in BG/NWN/DA/whatever. I really like Durance and Edér.

The backer-based NPCs are a bit weird. Seems like most of them are about dark and edgy murder/torture, charmy faggot pickpockets, or lesbians.

And ofcourse, lest we forget:

Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #81997

Started the game as a Ranger. Having a really tough time surviving fights unless I literally blitz the enemy with every spell my priests/mages have before they have a chance to fight back.
I'm like level four/five and just dethroned the lordy dude and replace him with this cousin. Am I underlevelled or am I just shit?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #82306

If you managed to fight and beat the raedric dude at level 4 in normal/hard I'd say you're good