Fractured Space

Talk about video games here
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Fractured Space

Post by leibniz » #82609

It has spaceships in it.
I just played one match because I'm busy atm, I guess it is a kind of scifi MOBA.

But right now it is free on steam.
(Play Fractured Space until Monday April 20th at 10AM Pacific Time and keep the game for free!)
Early access though, but I still think it's good to add it to your library.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Fractured Space

Post by DemonFiren » #82617

I played it.
10/10 timesink would not recommend. OH GOD WHERE HAS ALL MY SLEEP GONE.
Never played a MOBA before, never even looked up the meaning of the term, but I guess you could call it that. To me, it looks like the bastard lovechild of Freelancer and Allegiance.

Also, so far you only pay for cosmetics and grinding accelerators, so I guess it's good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #82637

DemonFiren wrote:I played it.
10/10 timesink would not recommend. OH GOD WHERE HAS ALL MY SLEEP GONE.
Never played a MOBA before, never even looked up the meaning of the term, but I guess you could call it that. To me, it looks like the bastard lovechild of Freelancer and Allegiance.

Also, so far you only pay for cosmetics and grinding accelerators, so I guess it's good.
Can you give any tips?
What's the best way to spend my space money?
Is crew important? Tech tree? Whatever
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #82646

Crew gives small bonuses. Ex: Hunters, you'll want turning bonuses, their guns have blind spots. What you do is you take the robot pilot, since he has a 7.5% turning bonus as opposed to the human pilot's 5%.
If you see a part of your ship on fire, that part's armour is down, you will take mroe damage if hit there. Turning, again, helps.

Now, tech tree. That unlocks new ships - you make them available with experience, and buy them with credits. Experience you get from playing as that ship.
I'm saving up for a snoipah flagship, myself, although I'm planning to go full support corvette as well.

You can also buy ship weapon mods with experience and credits, hit Launch, select your ship, there should be a loadout button in the bottom-left corner.
Ex: Flagship, you can upgrade your Flak to Photon Charges, which fire slower but hit harder. Or you can replace your side missile launchers with radial ones (launch a ring of projectiles, some are guaranteed not to bump into shit as they usually do) or dorsal ones (so long as space above you is clear, all missiles will home in on the enemy.)

If you get missiles or drones incoming, hit the point defense system. It stays active for a bit and shoots down anything coming at you, but has a rather long cooldown.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #82736

Getting to keep the game 4ever for free would mean a lot more if the game wasn't planned to go F2P on launch anyway.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #82741

Well, they need to raise funding somehow. So the people who don't want to wait forever and are gullible enough to play Alphas, those can pay up.

Or not :honk:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #82766

I don't understand why the fuck it keeps throwing me into games with ships that take me out in 5 seconds solo because they're top of the tree, while I can barely scratch them with anything so I just panically blink around and missle them in arses.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #82781

You sound like the type to Corvette (be the medic, get shot first!) or Flagship (be slow as fuck, but hey, 15,000 health!)

Also, be sure to activate your point defenses, for just about any ship I've played that's the 4 button. Shoots down incoming missiles and drones.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #83082

Flagships do basically no damage at all though, even at point blank. Like, boost to the point where I'm almost ramming them, FLAKKAFLAKKFLAKKA oh look they took like 100 damage and now they're gone why is this ship a thing
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #83085

Flagships are flying walls. So long as you're in a capture zone, you will keep capping or defending no matter what they toss at you. Even Snipers and Assassins have trouble bringing you down (Snipers less so, Assassins are surprisingly vulnerable to Flagships: kill their engines and flak away, their cloak will break when fired at, and another friendly will most likely notice and assist.)

And then you get rushed and go down, because your entire team was in another sector.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #83093

Brawlers make flagships cry though.

Flagships are your tanks
Hunters are your damage dealers (they do more damage up close)
Corvettes are your healers

I played FS alot over the weekend, I found it to just be yet another game with tons of grinding to make up for shallow healing - any depths you get is going to be on the competitive level, good luck finding that on pubbie servers! Worse will be if they add a matchmaking service that lets you play with your 'friends', prepare to be the MLGaymer's XP bitches if you're on a pubbie server and a clan hard stacks on one side.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #83121

Brawlers make anything cry that gets close to them.

Snipers can soften them up unless they circle around, and Destroyers are both long-range and robust enough to wreck their shit (although with serious damage.)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: