Kerbal Space Program

Talk about video games here
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Kerbal Space Program

Post by Thunder11 » #106824

Pretty sure we don't have a thread for this yet, so here it is. Share your extreme insanity here.

Let's start everyone off with a little challenge. Download the KAX mod, and go to thine spaceplane hangar. Build a plane with only a single A7 AeroSport engine for propulsion. I want it to he able to fly for at least five minutes, and land back on the runway, without using any torque wheels for control. Control surfaces only. Other mods may be used, but the only propulsion you can use is the AeroSport.
Bonus points: Build it at under 10k cost and 5k kg in mass
Extra bonus points: Make it controllable enough that you can fly over the water at under 25m without crashing
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Post by callanrockslol » #107495

I made a plane that ran off of a physics glitch once, didn't have anything except control surfaces and a cockpit.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #107574

My rocket ships keep doing summersaults when I decouple a rocket stage then ignite the next rocket.

Please help.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #107578

Pics of the offending rocket and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #107593

In general.

Classic penis shaped rockets
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #107596

Not much to go on there, I'm gonna need actual pics of the actual rocket to work out what's going on.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #107629

Sounds like too much mass at the top.

For each stage, the mass should be as close to the engine as you can make it.

Also, for in-atmos stages, you can add canards to the tank to help mitigate the issue.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #107768

Also reaction wheels, depending on the size of the rocket. A massive, multistage, 2.5m beast will do crazy things if the only reaction wheels are in the command pod. For big rockets, I'd say like one reaction wheel unit per stage.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote: