Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

Talk about video games here
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

Post by Ikarrus » #130754

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/zero-escape- ... me-dilemma
Building on the success of its predecessors, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, and Virtue’s Last Reward, series mastermind Kotaro Uchikoshi has pulled out all the stops to deliver the most compelling and mind shredding gaming experience ever seen on a handheld platform. Choice is your only method of salvation and your only means of escape. How much of your humanity will you sacrifice to earn your freedom? As a new age of ruin looms large on the horizon, you must make impossible decisions and weather unimaginable consequences as you straddle the line between absolution and damnation. Plan your escape.

Zero Time Dilemma is due out for PS Vita and 3DS in North America physically and digitally and in Europe as a digital-only title in summer 2016.
I fucking loved the first two games, so I'm pretty fucking hyped for the thrilling conclusion, especially after that scare about the series being cancelled on a fucking cliffhanger ending.
Last edited by Ikarrus on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Re: Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #130867

I enjoyed 999 even though I never got all the endings. Still need to play Virtues Last Reward though.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #130887

I hope it's gonna be as good as the last two.

Shoutouts to Luna for being a god tier waifu
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191298

EYY IT'S OUT

I'M HAVING A LITTLE PANIC RIGHT NOW BECAUSE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS IS EX-FUCKING-ACTLY LIKE LUNA

THERE'S A 99.99% CHANCE THAT SHIT DOES NOT END WELL FOR HER AND SIGMA EVENTUALLY BUILDS LUNA IN HER LIKENESS

FUCKKKKKKKKK
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191310

>Find a button saying not to push it
>FUCK YOUR RULES
>Push the button
>NUCLEAR EXPLOSION

Zero why

I'm fairly certain I know what's going on here.
Zero obviously knows what's going on with the timestream shenanigans
He knew that TIME COPS were coming to get him
So, he created a scenario where it was as hard as possible for them to beat him, by constantly splintering the timelines with descicions.

>EVERYONE IS ALREADY DEAD

FUCK DUDE

>OH GOD FIGHT WITH AKANE
>AXE VS CHAINSAW
>FUCKKKK

JESUS MAN EVERYONE IS DEAD SO MANY TIMES OVER
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191435

>WHEN YOU SPEND AN HOUR ON A MATHS PUZZLE
>WHEN YOU FUCK UP AT THE LAST PART BECAUSE YOU MISUNDERSTOOD MATH
>WHEN YOU FUCK UP AGAIN AT THE NEXT LAST PART BECAUSE YOU FUCKED UP CALCULATING WITH A CALCULATOR

WHY DO YOU DO THIS GAME
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191461

>WHEN YOU PREDICT LUNA AND DIANA ARE THE SAME BASE PERSON TWO SECONDS AFTER SEEING HER
>WHEN YOU'RE RIGHT ON THE FUCKING MONEY

I AM A LEGEND
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #191528

No spoilers pls

If I want to get into this series but I'm a hardcore PEE CEE GAMUR how do?

I have a Vita and N3DS but I would prefer to have everything on PC when possible.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191900

Victory was mine at last.

All in all good game but the animations were shit and I didn't cry at any parts.

VLR was better/10
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #192309

Yeah, I was disappointed. With the buildup from VLR I was expecting something truly mind-blowing. But it ended up being the weakest entry in the trilogy.
Spoiler:
The first half of the game was a grind. The lack of a continuity really removed any real attachment I had to the characters and removed all tension and weight behind all of your decisions. Writing was weak, disjointed and often re-treaded ground already covered in previous games without adding anything new. They even had a callback to VLR's AB game, but it only served as a reminder how much better Zero Escape used to be.

The non-linearity of most of the game also meant that characters often had to re-explain things already known to the player over and over again just to cover all the cases where it would have been the first segment the player picked.

The violence was turned up from VLR, but I found them to be pointlessly gratuitous, as opposed to 999's far more tasteful and impactful use.

The latter half was sort of neat, but there were a lot of ass-pull moments, like the first time Zero is revealed. Like seriously, the villain just materialized out of thin air. They really jumped the shark this time, too, introducing literal time machines and aliens. VLR gets a pass on a lot of their stuff because they have the excuse of being far in the future.

The ending was also anticlimactic and a huge letdown, especially compared to the last two games. I think the only thing I actually enjoyed was the whole Greek Alphabet family arc, especially how they showed how they spent their 10+ months losing their minds in the shelter. That was gold.
I played it on the 3DS, mostly because the last two games were on DSs so I wanted to finish it with them. But whereas 999 and VLR had a lot of really neat features that took advantage of the DS's second screen (999's everything, and how it let you keep notes on the second screen in VLR), ZTD just felt like a shitty low-res port

I also hated the new cinematic direction they took. Especially with shitty VAs like Akane's, who speaks so slowly and flatly despite being one of the "exposition" characters.

5/10 waste of my time would probably not buy another game if it came out

999 > VLR > ZTD
Last edited by Ikarrus on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #192312

Wasn't the game only /barely/ able to happen? due to only just getting like, bottom line funding for it?
idk I've only played 999 (loved it, v.good) and from what I've seen of the third it's a bit poop.

Given everyone was crying for a 3rd one to explain things I guess I can't really play VLR either because it's tied to 3.
私は完璧
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #192314

Yeah, I'd be one of them. Which is why I'm so disappointed right now.

It wasn't bad, though. Just horribly mediocre with no payoff at all.

Also, fuck slide puzzles. I had enough of that shit in Layton
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #192959

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.