Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Re: Starbound

Post by Supermichael777 » #202539

Bottom post of the previous page:

fam:got you
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #202628

Why the fuck am I posting here when I'll say is novakids r teh best. But, mods I'm using is frackin universe, and the frackin universe addons, the human ship replacement for novakid because fuck having a ship that's only horizontal. And, the boda mod
Image\
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202694

After reviewing the thread I'd like to give a big FUCK YOU to our host for not making word filters apply by subforum, because when I write Q O L here I actually mean it, instead of what it filters to.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202707

the trainship is the best thing about novakids
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #202712

Ricotez wrote:the trainship is the best thing about novakids
I figured the fact that they can craft guns instead of shitty bows was the best thing about em
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202715

>not naming your ship the Galaxy Express
>not shouting ALL ABOARD every time you jump somewhere and make choo-choo noises all the way there
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #202729

Ricotez wrote:>not naming your ship the Galaxy Express
>not shouting ALL ABOARD every time you jump somewhere and make choo-choo noises all the way there
Even in nightly before 1.0 the horizontal train urked me
Image\
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202732

Time to make a moonbase, and dig deep enough for meteors not to hit me.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202762

have fun dodging ghosts
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202774

If you don't have any fuel on you the ghosts will never come. Also all moons are t10 planets so the rent will be really high
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202775

I'm pretty sure I ran into a ghost on a moon without carrying any fuel. It didn't chase me but it did spawn.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #202797

Wyzack wrote:If you don't have any fuel on you the ghosts will never come. Also all moons are t10 planets so the rent will be really high
I'm doing it for the rent, man.
Spoiler:
And later to evict all non-humans and turn it into a super sekrit USCM bunker.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #202939

I want to build Space Station 13 on an asteroid map.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #202947

good luck building a top-down map on a side-view map
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #202964

are there even any good non modded starbound servers
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #202986

Ricotez wrote:good luck building a top-down map on a side-view map
I'll make a thematically appropriate facsimile.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #202994

The unloved rock wrote:are there even any good non modded starbound servers
no because non modded starbound is ass.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #202995

MMMiracles wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:are there even any good non modded starbound servers
no because non modded starbound is ass.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #202998

nuh uh you the ass
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #203104

It's correct, though.
Fuck vanilla.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #203107

I wish that Fracking Universe would stop putting deserts on my dark frozen planets and winter wonderlands on my lava planets, it ruins my immulshons

>find Avian settlement on lava planet
>firestorm burns down all buildings made of wood
>the guards open fire on me
>murder fucking everyone in self defense
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203160

That happens in vanilla too
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203161

Gave Frackin yet another try and this time I'm kinda getting into it. Seems like it's better to start it with a new character rather than load my end game character
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #203190

I finished the main storyline and saved the universe. The last mission was ok I guess?
Spoiler:
I suppose the point was to create a scenario that requires a Protector with a Matter Manipulator, but it really just was extremely annoying to dig into the planet and basically do the same thing I've been doing all game long, except without microdungeons and loot this time, and with a fuckton more mobs around. I think it would've worked better as a regular dungeon with maybe some Matter Manipulator burrowing here and there.

The final boss battle was neat, though. The portal that pulls monsters in from other planets was a nice touch, I love it when a final boss battle makes callbacks like that.
I'm currently trying to find a primordial world to get new stuff for Frackin Universe, but so far I haven't had any luck.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #203256

ThanatosRa wrote:
Ricotez wrote:good luck building a top-down map on a side-view map
I'll make a thematically appropriate facsimile.
Ages ago we had an Icestation version of SS13 that was pretty fuckin' baller.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203261

Aaand starting to get frustrated with Frackin again. I can't find any biomes suitable for my current gear with Durasteel in them. It's like the guy flat out removed mutated and rainforest biomes and replaced them with all these extreme-unreal tier planets that require gear I have no way of accessing outside of cheating just to survive the elements.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #203290

dark souls has nothing on this a e s t h e t i c
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #203295

Jacough wrote:Aaand starting to get frustrated with Frackin again. I can't find any biomes suitable for my current gear with Durasteel in them. It's like the guy flat out removed mutated and rainforest biomes and replaced them with all these extreme-unreal tier planets that require gear I have no way of accessing outside of cheating just to survive the elements.
I've just started admin-spawning items in for Fracking when I have no clue where to find them or I really really need them to go into a new environment. The mod itself isn't very well balanced with regards to that.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #203304

So it turns out Terramart shipments can't be sent up from deep enough underground.
Even if it's a moon, with all the low gravity that implies.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #203405

pro tip: to get a million billion pixels, build 400000 moth traps and place them on a planet with a long night cycles, then get a terramart shipment thingy. the silk that those things produce can sell for a lot and they produce it ridiculously quickly, especially if you have a ton of them
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #203441

I just use gardenbot to farm high-value ingredients which I then process every time I visit my world instead of renovating Avian tombs.
By "renovating", of course, I mean "sell the old corpses for pixels and replace them with dead guards."

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #203482

CosmicScientist wrote:To be honest, given the disappearance of "You're under ground, no ship teleporting", they didn't need to limit terramart shipments. I also wish weapons didn't sell for nothing in them... in fact I wish they just said if it's got a food/seed flag, you can shove it in but nothing else can be. Wait, do seeds sell for anything in there? I have a funny feeling they don't...
Just set up an NPC shop for selling weapons and gear.

Also I just sort of said fuck it while trying to find a dangerous level planet to get some durasteel from and just went all in on the most favorable extreme planet I could find which was a sort of overgrown prehistoric jungle filled with pissed off hard hitting dinosaurs. Found a massive beautiful castle dungeon with some pretty cleverly hidden secrets (like having to hit a few scooby doo type secret switches like book shelves and suits of armor to access the upper levels of this giant tower filled with loot). Best part is that the dungeon was protected by a shield generator that you couldn't access until you completed a sort of monster gauntlet in this coliseum type area meaning you couldn't just cheese your way through everything.
Spoiler:
So God damn purdy. Also didn't notice until after I went back to take that screenshot but the area's almost separated into two sides. On the right side of it which was that screenshot it's kind of a pristine dungeon still in good shape albeit covered in foliage. Past a barricade made of piles of bones it's significantly degraded and overrun with hostile florans with floran hunter type stuff like spear racks, those crude sleeping mats, and animal hides set up everywhere. Really wish Chucklefish had paid this much attention to detail with their dungeons.

If Frackin's got more shit like this to offer then God damn it's actually a cool mod
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #204623

Just when I'm done with my human ship crew recruitment refuses to work.
Welp, time to restart.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #204641

I click hire, and potential crew just stay in place.
Worse yet, when I try to get crew to follow me they keep teleporting to my location over, and over, and over.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #204701

I sure hope not.
Restarted as beep boop this time. Trying real hard to make a medieval-looking engine room.
That's a bit of a challenge.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: