Angels Fall First

Talk about video games here
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Angels Fall First

Post by paprika » #203076

Seriously why the fuck is nobody playing this

Amazing space combat that feels like fucking naval warfare with insane capitol ships and destroyers with crazy fun fighter gameplay, added onto that is real interiors for ships that you can walk around in and repair (very similar to guns of icarus) while also having crazy in depth ground combat gameplay with tanks, APCs, jeeps, mechs, and gunships overhead

I'm sure those of you who HAVE heard of it from last year know the game was teleport lag central, but on top of rewriting ALL THE NETCODE for the space portion of the game (no more teleports inside of ships and shit) the game has had tons of fixes now and is fucking great

It deserves a second chance, it's one of the best games I've ever played and I can't fucking stop

http://store.steampowered.com/app/367270/
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Angels Fall First

Post by Davidchan » #203078

Battlefront 3 thats not really battlefront 3. I have this and it's pretty fun, but there is only 4 (maybe more?) space maps and one of them is just a fighter battle at a space station. That said the game is decent to pick up if you can get past the somewhat obtuse loadout system that never really explains itself and definitely caters to the pill who can get higher kill streaks and do tons of damage since that will level up their resources thus giving them even more points to spend.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #203083

Well when they saw their playerbase was declining and the servers couldn't handle the stress they did the smart thing and redesigned their netcode

Now that it's finally done they're doing things like improving the UI and adding more content like space maps

Don't get me wrong this game is janky as fuck and the infantry combat is probably the weakest part but I live for the fucking corvette/destroyer fights
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #203129

A friend of mine has this and said it was pretty good. It just struck me as promising an impossible to deliver number of things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #203130

paprika wrote:the infantry combat is probably the weakest part
Now, I wouldn't say that. I find the whole peace to 'nam in 3.5 seconds one of the most enticing features of the game
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #203132

Seems like Eternal Silence. Anyone else played Eternal Silence?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #203139

I just looked it up.
It ded, no?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #203147

Can't really say, seems like it's in its death throws but a /tg/ server would be kinda cool, all it really needs is a community to support it and it could be one of the best 'class' based combined arms games on the market.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #203281

This is a game that would absolutely be fun as fuck if we had people to commit to it

It's cheap and has a fuckload of content + more coming soon

Honestly though, if these kinds of games aren't your thing they're probably gonna do some kinda free weekend after redoing the UI to be easier to understand, it's got a steep ass learning curve right now.

You also basically have to learn how to squad lead to play it because bots need to be lead to be really effective but god damn it's fun when you crash a squad full of bots into a battleship and raid the cockpit
An0n3 wrote:A friend of mine has this and said it was pretty good. It just struck me as promising an impossible to deliver number of things.
It already has delivered on basically everything I wanted from a game like this

I swear it feels like the developers grew up with the same games I did; it's got elements from planetside, battlefront, EYE, enemy territory, you name it
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #203310

The original UT3 mod came out around about the same time as BF2142
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #203383

paprika wrote:This is a game that would absolutely be fun as fuck if we had people to commit to it
This is why multiplayer is ruining gaming, we don't have enough people for all the games, so it's just the same 10 titles with all the players.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #203428

I'll pick it up
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #203679

I remember when this was just an unreleased Homeworld 2 mod. They're trying to build a franchise.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med