Undertale

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Undertale (Sept 15 Release)

Post by Timbrewolf » #120964

Bottom post of the previous page:

Bonetrousle has extra hype for that transition that triggers it when you first hear it. It's the first big "oh shit" moment of the game's combat system.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: Undertale (Sept 15 Release)

Post by TheWiznard » #120977

Spoiler:
[youtube]_MCcKyyptuM[/youtube]
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Undertale (FULL GAME IS OUT)

Post by Ikarrus » #121236

Undertale is metacritic's current GOAT PC game.

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #121307

Get fucked, Half Life 2. We the kings now.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #121317

Best.

[youtube]7WDFUcjWARU[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #121422

game was okay

LISA was better
Spoiler:
I want to impregnate Muffet
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #121426

Danowar wrote:game was okay

LISA was better
in what ways? i've got 51 hours on LISA but Undertale is just a much more entertaining game, have you gotten past the first bit with (tu)toriel? after that the game becomes much better than it was

but i guess people can have wrong opinions
Last edited by LA MAYONESA on Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #121431

LISA was better
Spoiler:
I want to impregnate Muffet
I really wanted to give LISA a try but I just couldn't get into it.

With how often they're compared you'd think they have similar appeal. Not for me unfortunately.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #121436

Ikarrus wrote:Undertale is metacritic's current GOAT PC game.

[97/100]
i dont think i've ever seen a game go UP in score on metacritic
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #121447

LA MAYONESA wrote:

LISA was better
in what ways? i've got 51 hours on LISA but Undertale is just a much more entertaining game, have you gotten past the first bit with (tu)toriel? after that the game becomes much better than it was

but i guess people can have wrong opinions
I liked LISA more since it felt much more polished overall, despite having only a fraction of the budget that Undertale had. I'm not sure what kind of experience Dingaling had before he started on the LISA games, but he did a bang-up job with the resources he had on hand. I liked LISA's aesthetics and ost much more than Undertale's (whose quality was a veritable rollercoaster) , and the ending didn't pull out any NGE bullshit either. Also, many of these quirky RPGs lately have been heavily inspired by Earthbound, and LISA felt like it matched that game's tone far better than any of the other titles. I find that funny, as Toby Fox is one of Homestuck's primary composers. A series that, once again, is influenced pretty hard by Earthbound. That game sure seems to have had a profound effect on people in one way or another.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #121453

Just started playing last night and oh boy it has a good mix of being dark creepyish with comedy at the right moments
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #121474

The only complaint I have about Undertale is the amount of static Overworld sprites present. But ayy it's still a 10/10 for me.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #121477

The final battle (the first one) sent me into a fucking panic because I thought that this was the ending to a game I had been waiting years for and had infinitely high expectations of.

11/10 would go into turmoil again
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #121484

>nobodies posted BEST music yet

C'mon, dudes.

[youtube]bPCMJC1Ig6s[/youtube]
lol
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121807

this song goes right in my list of most beautiful video game music I have ever heard

[youtube]dNN0HyO3rM4[/youtube]

(also note the subtle Homestuck reference in the title)
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121883

alright so I finished my first playthrough and let me just say
Spoiler:
FUCK THAT FUCKING FLOWER

the first enemy in this game that I am proud of having killed since he doesn't seem to show up in new games now that I did

in fact I am spotting a fair number of references to that this is my second playthrough
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #121888

Ricotez wrote:
Spoiler:
FUCK THAT FUCKING FLOWER
Spoiler:
If you don't kill him he tells you how to get the best ending, which is a few hours longer :)
If you manage to find it then you're going to have so much fun.

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #121889

Still have not complete.

Final fight with Mettaton got me trippin' and I haven't had time to sit down and just grind it out.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #121891

An0n3 wrote:Still have not complete.

Final fight with Mettaton got me trippin' and I haven't had time to sit down and just grind it out.
Stocking up on food is a surefire way to make it easier.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #121893

Yeah. I've been abusing the Dog Residue to fill up my inventory with Dog Salad before fights when I can't just buy up a ton of consumables at a nearby source.

I'm told I need to just
Spoiler:
spam pose a ton instead of trying to use the other options to taunt/work the crowd. Going to try that next time.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Undertale (98 Metacritic Score)

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #121909

Spoiler:
You can also eat glamburgers/change clothes for good ratings.
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #121917

Loved this game and its mind fuckery.
Spoiler:
And the ride still isn't over since no one knows much about this creepy fuck

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =520337707 More here
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #121921

One Seven One wrote:
Spoiler:
Sweet reference.
Spoiler:
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #121922

One Seven One wrote:Loved this game and its mind fuckery.
Spoiler:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =520337707 More here
It's either cut content or toby has plans for Halloween
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #121927

Saegrimr wrote:
One Seven One wrote:
Spoiler:
Sweet reference. [/spoiler]
Could be!
Ikarrus wrote: It's either cut content or toby has plans for Halloween
There's a few more bits like that in different areas it seems.
https://d.maxfile.ro/hezbgyxqgq.webm

There's a bunch more like that in the steam community tab
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =520337707

So it could be plans or him just sprinkling bits of backstory here and there.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #121949

TechnoAlchemist wrote:
Spoiler:
You can also eat glamburgers/change clothes for good ratings.
I noticed that glamburgers had that effect (dat product placement). I didn't know clothes had anything to do with it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121959

yeah I eventually gave up on trying to fight mettaton and just struck more poses than a pillar man

though the other two options can be useful too, one has ratings increase during mettaton's turn, the other I think means that damage increases your ratings rather than decrease them
Ikarrus wrote:
Spoiler:
If you don't kill him he tells you how to get the best ending, which is a few hours longer :)
come on like there was any way I'd show mercy to the only character in this game that I could really hate
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #121965

This is one of my favorite games for 2015
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122007

I can't stop laughing at how high the metacritic score is. It just got it's 5th 100 score review. One more and it won't be excluded from lists for not having enough reviews.

The game is good but even better is seeing the ridiculous scores it's getting and peoples' reactions to it.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #122040

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 was better tbh
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122089

i completely missed tem village on my first playthrough but i found it this time

Maccus wrote:Out of the Park Baseball 2007 was better tbh
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Re: Undertale (97 Metacritic Score)

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #122149

Oh god I played this game for 11 straight where did time go? Was fun while it lasted but now I'm longing for more already.
Spoiler:
Anyone go on a genocide? How could anyone do that with all these nice and interesting characters?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122216

There are a few people who, right of the bat, go for genocide. Not intentionally, usually, but because
A) They didn't get the message and/or B) They're the kind of people who grind RPGs
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #122270

Ikarrus wrote:There are a few people who, right of the bat, go for genocide. Not intentionally, usually, but because
A) They didn't get the message and/or B) They're the kind of people who grind RPGs
Hey, at least they can go back and get the pacifist ending after that.

*maniacal laughter*
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #122471

I gotta say... i regret avoiding this game after playing the demo. Even being a furry I've always had a lot disdain for "furry games" for being obnoxious and annoying (FUCKING DUST). This game does feel a little pretentious, but it's not obnoxious about it either.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122481

well im nearing the finale of the pacifist route and
Spoiler:
Undyne is just as big of a nerd as Papyrus and Alphys, I have to admit I did not expect that

but holy shit, for all the cuteness and dorkiness it had earlier it became really disturbing in the True Lab... and then went right back to dorkiness

and it explained where Flowey came from, and why Undyne melts if she tries to stay alive for too long in the neutral route

I wonder how this will affect the final battle(s) though
also a friend helped me get into sans' room, because the procedure for that is rather obscure and one of those things that you just gotta know

it was quite something
Spoiler:
LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #122566

Cuboos wrote:I gotta say... i regret avoiding this game after playing the demo. Even being a furry I've always had a lot disdain for "furry games" for being obnoxious and annoying (FUCKING DUST). This game does feel a little pretentious, but it's not obnoxious about it either.
furries can be annoying, mainly since the vast majority of them base their entire personality around being a furry

just like vegans or communists
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #122572

LA MAYONESA wrote:
Cuboos wrote:I gotta say... i regret avoiding this game after playing the demo. Even being a furry I've always had a lot disdain for "furry games" for being obnoxious and annoying (FUCKING DUST). This game does feel a little pretentious, but it's not obnoxious about it either.
furries can be annoying, mainly since the vast majority of them base their entire personality around being a furry

just like vegans or communists
Actually I would say its the opposite. I think the majority of furries are pretty normal. But the obnoxious ones stand out because they're making the most noise and drawing the most attention. So they get to represent the fandom. Just like most Christians are perfectly decent people, but they're acting like everyone else so the most obnoxious and noisy get to dictate the image. It's also why I think people are so againts the lizards, the fine ones blend in and the few shit ones stand out.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #122575

Fucking hell yes.

[youtube]4DfArO6TMEg[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #122576

Metal as fuck, yo
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #122580

It has a very Earthbound-y vibe to it, and Earthbound is one of my favorite games of all time.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122590

DrPillzRedux wrote:Fucking hell yes.

[youtube]4DfArO6TMEg[/youtube]
His other stuff is pretty cool, too. I hope he does more, like the 10 minute Shovel Knight piece.
There are some other tracks I'd like to do as well, but I would feel bad about covering them this early on.
Oh ok
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122594

I finished the pacifist route.

I don't want to do the genocide route. :(
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122605

Just watch it on youtube like the rest of us cowards.
Spoiler:
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #122612

I am still stuck on fighting
Spoiler:
Sans
I dunno how people did this without getting hit once
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #122617

Determination.

Also why are you afraid of getting hit, buy a fuckload of healing items and dig in if you're nearing death.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122634

Dog Residue is your friend, you get it if you solve the piano riddle

upon use it fills your inventory with more Dog Residue, but sometimes there'll be Dog Salad too that randomly heals you between 2 and max HP
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #122689

Its a nice game, I guess.

But fuck me but I'm stuck at the 'end' of the game.

I think I only killed one creature early on, by accident, yet now I'm stuck in this battle that I can't win.

I used most of my healing items during the earlier 'mechanical' area and I had to spend my remaining gold to buy five 14 healing items.

I'm sure I'll eventually get past the end game but shit is redoing it every time a pain in the ass.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122690

I can help you if you want to specify what it is you consider to be the 'end game boss' you're stuck on
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #122691

Well scratch that just after I posted the above I managed to win with one spare healing item remaining.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #122692

have fun watching what happens next