Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

I cast magic missile at the darkness
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Re: Travellerbus 2: Boldly Going Nowhere

Post by nsos » #87465

Bottom post of the previous page:

about to wrap this up.

before i do: anyone need a doctor to replace a spleen or something in their backstory? would be nice to get a connection or two but nbd
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87469

I was pirating and kicking ass for the past 4 years, you do shady stuff?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87470

nsos wrote:about to wrap this up.

before i do: anyone need a doctor to replace a spleen or something in their backstory? would be nice to get a connection or two but nbd

I did get nearly killed when I rolled mishap. You could like, be the guy that helped me not be nearly killed.
nsos

Post by nsos » #87492

Wyzack wrote:I was pirating and kicking ass for the past 4 years, you do shady stuff?
shady bit 1: ended up stealing another doctor's work to get rewarded for work that wasn't his own

shady bit 2: my guy spent time making extra money in med school working with a back alley doctor that was his "mentor"/Ally patron after before getting found out and kicked out (read: i failed the third term survival roll)

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:
nsos wrote:about to wrap this up.

I did get nearly killed when I rolled mishap. You could like, be the guy that helped me not be nearly killed.
this might work
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87516

We could both have connections with you, I think you can have 2 max. I am sure pirates would use back alley doctors almost exclusively.

EDIT in fact Cyrus may have faked his death spike style to get out of his pirate gang after having a crisis of concious
Last edited by Wyzack on Tue May 12, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87524

Wyzack wrote:We could both have connections with you, I think you can have 2 max. I am sure pirates would use back alley doctors almost exclusively
Yep yep, max of 2 allowed.

So in my 3rd term event I was investigating an agent that went rogue and was selling secrets of The Cyberpapacy(yeah I'm calling it that!) to various corporations and factions. The rogue agent caught wind of this investigation and tried to scare me off but I refused to back down, leading me to getting gunned down. Now I'm figuring sometime around this point either you found me swimming in a crimson pool and helped me out, or my info broker contact tipped me off to a nearby street doc in this area before the shooting and I somehow dragged myself over to your back alley operating table.

Let me know if you want to change anything.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87530

I am now selecting Hazel as my homeworld, it is an agri world just below the captial system of Trin that got amber alterted because it is full of criminals and pirates and shit. Also NSOS if you want a second player contact my guy was in the navy as well as a pirate if you want to involve him in your events some how
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87624

So how are we going to deal with rolling? Do we just tell Anon3 what we want to do and he rolls it for us?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos

Post by nsos » #87650

I am definitely cool with using your characters for the two contacts then.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #87652

That works for dice rolling.

For contacts remember to tie yourselves to other characteres so everyone gets two.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87654

Yeah if everyone knows everyone it is way easier to get the gang together initially without having to use the "you meet in a tavern and decide to all work together for some reason" cliche
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87659

True true, so does anyone need the aid of an agent? My second term was just me making contacts, and I'm more than willing to change them.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87661

I don't have any player connections yet for this group, but I'm also having a hard time figuring out how they'd make sense. Mac pretty much was working in the engine room her whole time in the Navy. That's not a position that really exemplifies networking.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87663

I thought we were connected though
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87664

I'm just trying to figure out how it makes sense.

I dunno, I can't think very well today. I'll figure it out later.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87691

Hey Maccus, I noticed one of your character's life events involves you investigating the criminal underworld. Maybe we should do a Marvel Team-Up and make a connection eh?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87692

Where are we planning on starting this thing off? Cyrus just faked his death to get out of his old gang, so i could really be anywhere. Trin seems like a hip happening spot

EDIT also does anyone have a link to the actual spinward marches sourcebook pdf? The wiki information is not great and it is spread over a shitload of pages
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87697

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87722

I'm still having some misgivings about my character's competence. Sure, she's got a ton of skills, but they're only at rank 1, and even if they're keying off her best stats, that's only a +3. Rolling an 8 on 2d6 with a +3 requires at least a 5. I don't like those odds, especially since I'll be manning the jump drive.

So, with connection skills, do any of you have astrogate or unarmed that I can learn as a result of our association? (I forget if that's how it works) Also, have we decided on a party skill group?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87735

The rules say it can be a rank in any skill, but you cannot raise a skill above 3 this way. I took stealth 1 and pilot spaceship 2 up from 1 i belive

Also yeah that was the wiki i was talking about, but they released an actual splatbook on the spindward marches that may have more detailed info
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87774

Since everyone's characters are more or less done when can we actually start playing?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87779

When you guys can all decide on a ship and we can calculate how that works in regards to your shares and such, and your starting DEBT.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87782

An0n3 wrote:When you guys can all decide on a ship and we can calculate how that works in regards to your shares and such, and your starting DEBT.

Not ultra entirely sure on how ship shares( I don't even have any!) work but I feel we should get something fast that's streamlined treated with stealth coating if we can. So that we can get into and out of places fast without kicking up too much attention. Streamlined configs also come with fuel scoops so we can save on refueling costs as well.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #87790

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:True true, so does anyone need the aid of an agent? My second term was just me making contacts, and I'm more than willing to change them.
My guy got in enough trouble he was forced to quit his career and skip town, could've used an agent to smuggle him off-world.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87791

Basically a single ship share is worth so much % off a ship.

There's a lot of ways you could actually go about it, depending on narrative.
The easiest way is just take the whole cost on as a group. Since you'll all be out of a ship if the bill doesn't get paid. Figure out how much that costs per pay-period and split it. Putting ship shares down in the beginning will lower the total cost and subsequently the amount you'll have to pay on each installment.
You could decide one person specifically owns the ship and everyone else works for them, if you want.

As far as ships go just remember you'll have to be making money with it. Your best bet is something that can haul a lot of cargo and/or passengers long distance. Having a super space hotrod that's all stealthy and shooty sounds fun to fly but you have to ask yourselves what you're going to be doing with it that makes the ship pay for itself.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87853

I still think the far trader is the best choice. It comes with a streamlined hull, extra rooms for passengers, 64 tons of cargo space and an upgraded jump drive and reactor. We can try for stealth coating later on but odds are we will not find one that has it for the get go
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87857

Yeah, the big three things we need to be looking at are speed, reliability, and space. Being able to make quicker trips means people can pay us for express deliveries, or at least we get from point A to point B faster, get paid, and get on to the next job a little quicker. If we don't have to stop for refueling or repairs and can run longer between maintenance periods, that's a little bit less we have to spend. And the more people/cargo we can carry at once, well, that's a no-brainer
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87861

I mean we could get a corsair and take mercenary tickets but that is violent and dangerous work, and besides me and Galvatron I don't think our crew is cut out for it.

Anon3 how many ship shares can I get for my ships boat? Also what shares does everyone else have?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87863

I've got two shares, which is like half a drop in the bucket.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87866

Well I have 2 as well, and if I can get even one for my little boat that is 5 percent off of 50 million creds
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
nsos

Post by nsos » #87871

i have jack diddly shit for shares thanks benefits rolls
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87873

nsos wrote:i have jack diddly shit for shares thanks benefits rolls
Guess who's sleeping in the supply closet, freeloader
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #87876

you guys should treat your doctor better
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87877

I thought that "Panaceas" entry said "Pancreas" at first and thought you were carrying around a cooler of spare organs or something.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #87879

i was legitimately surprised that you can't buy organs in chargen to peddle on the black market for easy money, but i suppose going all Vandread on people for cash would kind of take the fun out of the game
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87880

Maccus wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:True true, so does anyone need the aid of an agent? My second term was just me making contacts, and I'm more than willing to change them.
My guy got in enough trouble he was forced to quit his career and skip town, could've used an agent to smuggle him off-world.
Yeah yeah, I'll help you with that. Now I gotta update my character sheet for all (2) of these new skill points to throw around!

http://pastebin.com/EThVyDHe
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87881

My stats seem to be a lot higher than everyone else's. Did I fuck something up?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
nsos

Post by nsos » #87882

EndgamerAzari wrote:My stats seem to be a lot higher than everyone else's. Did I fuck something up?
the dice smile upon you son
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87883

Yeah stats are just straight up rolls. Anywho, is anybody opposed to getting a far trader?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87884

EndgamerAzari wrote:My stats seem to be a lot higher than everyone else's. Did I fuck something up?
Nah man, don't look a gift die roll in the mouth equivalency.

Whatever we decide to get for our ship, let's make sure it has a fully stocked bar. I want to practice my carouse skill.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87885

Far Trader is fine with me.

I might swap one of my skills if it's possible, since I don't think Pilot is important for me as we have someone much better at it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87921

Alright space friends, i did some number crunching to give an idea of what kind of debt we are going to be facing. Far trader with no weapons costs 51,385,500

Financing rules say that we pay 1/240 of the cost every month for 440 months, which means that effectively the financing means we end up paying more than double for the ship over a 40 year period

This makes a monthly payment of 205,542 after lowering the base price by 4% for our ships shares. This increases to 230,425 credits per month with maintenance costs factored in.

Split up, that is 38,404 credits per person per month when split six ways.

God damn boys, we need to make some cash and fast.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87922

Wyzack wrote:Alright space friends, i did some number crunching to give an idea of what kind of debt we are going to be facing. Far trader with no weapons costs 51,385,500

Financing rules say that we pay 1/240 of the cost every month for 440 months, which means that effectively the financing means we end up paying more than double for the ship over a 40 year period

This makes a monthly payment of 205,542 after lowering the base price by 4% for our ships shares. This increases to 230,425 credits per month with maintenance costs factored in.

Split up, that is 38,404 credits per person per month when split six ways.

God damn boys, we need to make some cash and fast.
Jesus Christ! Is that kind of income even possible, outside of something like wholesale looting and robbing? I guess I'm not entirely familiar with the scale of the economy.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87923

Sounds like we better start smugglin'!
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87924

This is not counting the cost of a basic laser weapon of some kind, which we are sorely going to need to deter chucklefucks from trying to rob us
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87949

Wyzack wrote:I mean we could get a corsair and take mercenary tickets but that is violent and dangerous work, and besides me and Galvatron I don't think our crew is cut out for it.

Anon3 how many ship shares can I get for my ships boat? Also what shares does everyone else have?
There should be an option when you rolled the ships boat to take a ships boat or 2 ship shares.

That cash for a Far Trader is pretty insane considering your skill level (both ICly and OOCly). You should probably think about something smaller.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #87952

Fuck, I am legitimately concerned about our capability to pay for our ship, let alone shit like food and fuel and other necessities that aren't basically our mortgage.

OH GOD IT'S LIKE REAL LIFE
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #87955

EndgamerAzari wrote:Fuck, I am legitimately concerned about our capability to pay for our ship, let alone shit like food and fuel and other necessities that aren't basically our mortgage.

OH GOD IT'S LIKE REAL LIFE
WELCOME TO SPACE ROLEPLAYS
WE ESCAPE OUR DULL LIVES OF DEBT AND MISERY

BY PRETENDING TO BE MISERABLE PEOPLE IN DEBT
BUT IN SPAAAAAAACE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #87957

Fuuuuuu- how about we get one of those Type S scouts, it's small, cute and cheaper. Maybe we'll get lucky and make enough for a larger ship.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87961

Regular trader is only 36 million and has more cargo space. The scout is 27 million but has no cargo room not very useful unless we actually want to sign up with the imperial exploratory service
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #87979

Alright, regular free trader vessel is only 28044 creds per person per month, and we can probably shave a little more off of that if we take a used one. A used craft can have benefits, but it is usually minor drawbacks like shitty sensors and the like. What do you guys think? Also does anyone have the broker skill?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster